• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Nation |OT| This Is Thriller, Thriller Night

Thrakier

Harri said:
If you like a DLC game - buy it. A big chunk (or in some cases most) of the money goes to the developer. If the developer did a good game now there is a good change they will do a good one next...

Hm, yeah, no. Overall it felt uninspired. I like DN far more regarding the presentation. I just felt that the gameplay mechanics in AB were a bit better. Everything had more...power and impact?

Just trying to give you my feedback, not trying to piss you off. I loved SSHD (and I normally don't like these highscore games) and I was very hyped for DN. I don't say DN isn't a good game, becaue it kinda is. But it's not the 10/10 SSHD was...more like a 7/10.

Harri

Housemarque
Thrakier said:
Hm, yeah, no. Overall it felt uninspired. I like DN far more regarding the presentation. I just felt that the gameplay mechanics in AB were a bit better. Everything had more...power and impact?

Just trying to give you my feedback, not trying to piss you off. I loved SSHD (and I normally don't like these highscore games) and I was very hyped for DN. I don't say DN isn't a good game, becaue it kinda is. But it's not the 10/10 SSHD was...more like a 7/10.

I'm just trying to say that your dollar makes a bigger difference when you buy a DLC game.

Almost sounds you should play DN a bit more. The weapons are pretty weak in the beginning, but when they are fully upgraded - it's a different story... I've not seen anything comparable to fully upgraded Blade Cannon or Shocker that often. With Blade Cannon one can kill over 50 zombies with one shot - pretty sure 100+ can be done too.

1 500 000 000+ recorded zombie kills so far. :) And we don't count checkpoint retries nor uncompleted missions.

We will also have some news about Super Stardust HD soon...

sinky72

1st time with online co op with a friend tonight. great game but one massive question..... why the hell no voice chat??. It would have made the experience a lot better if you could actually talk to one another.

Achtius

sinky72 said:
1st time with online co op with a friend tonight. great game but one massive question..... why the hell no voice chat??. It would have made the experience a lot better if you could actually talk to one another.

They answered that 1 page ago:

Harri said:
Regarding to patch: it is coming. We completed programming Voice chat the week before Christmas - and the reason it's not released yet is unrelated to us. We are very sorry for the delay. There are good news too - the patch is great and it willl add many new features.

The exact date for the patch and some of its features will be announced very soon.

Harri said:
Regarding the sales - DN is selling amazingly well. My personal estimate is that we have sold more units than our competitors Lara Croft GoL + Alien Breed 1 + 2 + 3 PSN put together. I might be wrong - but I don't think so.

Regarding to patch: it is coming. We completed programming Voice chat the week before Christmas - and the reason it's not released yet is unrelated to us. We are very sorry for the delay. There are good news too - the patch is great and it willl add many new features.

The exact date for the patch and some of its features will be announced very soon.

Other good news coming soon...
I'm so glad voice chat is going to be patched in! I really enjoy this game, but my brother and I are holding off on finishing it in co-op so that we can do it with voice chat.

Thrakier

Harri said:
I'm just trying to say that your dollar makes a bigger difference when you buy a DLC game.

Almost sounds you should play DN a bit more. The weapons are pretty weak in the beginning, but when they are fully upgraded - it's a different story... I've not seen anything comparable to fully upgraded Blade Cannon or Shocker that often. With Blade Cannon one can kill over 50 zombies with one shot - pretty sure 100+ can be done too.

1 500 000 000+ recorded zombie kills so far. :) And we don't count checkpoint retries nor uncompleted missions.

We will also have some news about Super Stardust HD soon...

I finsihed it once and upgraded some of the weapons. Yeah, there are weapons which are pretty strong, blade canon stood out. But the standard rifle and the machine gun or the shotgun...I just can't put my finger on it, but it's like...yeah, everything is basically there, but the feeling is not spot on. Shooting zombies is not as much fun as it should be. Maybe because everything is a bit too small, and for that, TOO detailed so my eyes have a hard time concentrating on the right stuff. I don't know. I'd try to experiment with the camera a bit more.

I only played coop though, don't know if the camera is further away compared to SP.

Maybe it's just me. :) Hm...my coop friend is feeling the same though. ;D

Loudninja

snack

Will Dead Nation be on sale come Monday? I have a feeling it won in its category for "Best PSN Exclusive".

Seventy5

snack said:
Will Dead Nation be on sale come Monday? I have a feeling it won in its category for "Best PSN Exclusive".
If it doesn't, I'm never voting for anything ever again.
except Obama 2012!

Konosuke

I am very eager for this patch. Compared to SSHD I've barely played Dead Nation, I didn't even finished one chapter *shame*
Hopefully Matchmaking is improved too.

acevans2

OH MY GOD CHECKPOINT SAVES!?

I truly think this game will reach a whole other level of greatness from my perspective if I can not be so stressed about losing all my progress if I have to stop playing.

Update should have gone live now.

* Online co-op voice chat
* Checkpoint save
* Brightness calibration screen
* Jack and Scarlett now have their own laser sight colors
* You can now also buy a laser sight for your SMG, Shotgun, or Blade Cannon
* Detailed statistics menu
* Bullets can no longer hit cars beyond the screen
* Game saves can now be copied

Decado

wut? Can bullets still hit enemies beyond the screen? I don't get that change.

Also, Jack and Scarlet have always had their own laser target colours. Not sure what they're talking about.

Will all this work if you're in the middle of a campaign?

JoeFenix

Just played a quick mission with the new update, some solid improvements overal.

Not hitting cars offscreen is REALLY nice, so much easier to get perfect loot now and the new damage effect on the boomer is also nice.

Hopefuly more people will get into this game now, it's really awesome!

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Cornbread78 said:
Is is online co-opp, or just local? I d/l this a couple weeks ago, but only played for an hour or so.
Both

Decado said:
wut? Can bullets still hit enemies beyond the screen? I don't get that change
Yes, it's just for the cars. People often complained about firing beyond the screen and hitting some car by accident, which would explode, thus making it impossible to collect gold from it.

GeoramA

Checkpoints and brightness calibration are two very notable fixes. I haven't touched this since it released, played through the first level and quit. Gonna feel like a brand new game now.

Decado

Lord Error said:
Yes, it's just for the cars. People often complained about firing beyond the screen and hitting some car by accident, which would explode, thus making it impossible to collect gold from it.
I know, but so what? Isn't that what you'd expect to happen?

Nothing wrong with the game encouraging you to watch your aim.

since i cant seem to see it anywhere, how much is Dead Nation on the psn store now?
EU store that is...
im in finland and the retarded finnish page doesnt have a fucking price!

update? sweet.

i might want to try and beat the game on Morbid with a fellow gaffer.. if someone has the patience as im not awesome at the game or anything, did beat Grim fairly easily though.

That's a very nice update, I held of finishing the game (checkpoints) as well as going through the coop with a buddy (voice chat). So now it's on again!
The other additions sound nice as well, especially making the fucking savegame copyable.

Top Bottom