• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

I tell you right now they better nerf Mila for online play. Fucking garbage character, the epitome of lag abuse. They need to add more frames for her grabs, because right now it's nigh impossible to counter without a perfect 4 bar connection.

DR2K

Banned
[Clark Gable];42476383 said:
I tell you right now they better nerf Mila for online play. Fucking garbage character, the epitome of lag abuse. They need to add more frames for her grabs, because right now it's nigh impossible to counter without a perfect 4 bar connection.

Sounds like they just need to fix the online a bit, you should never nerf a character because of online lag.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
The few matches I played online in TTT2 I used Asuka and Jun in their bikinis. Might as well get my money's worth before they release the bikinis to everyone else. I love the praises I get on PSN too for having my mains work it.

Ayane will work it on the 25th that's for sure. :p

I wish Tekken let you have the swimsuits as seperate top and bottom pieces. I'd actually use pieces of them for various mixes then. Of even if it'd just let you put pants over the bottoms. It's so stiff!

While I'll never understand the Green + Purple going on with Ayane and her camo Bikini... I actually like that one. But I'm as Ayane bias in DOA as I am Jun bias in Tekken, sooo... (Guess we both have good taste in characters, haha.)

If you've been playing fighters long enough, you know exactly what you've got in the first couple of days.

Yeah... you see, the problem with that is, the fighters are later defined by their discoveries and shifts in playstyle. I LOVED playing Marvel in my vaccum-sealed group back in the day, but after it became all about infinite loops and so-ugly-it's-not-appealing junk later on, I don't find the game fun to play anymore. However, JoJo's fast-paced gameplay, as I learn more of it, seems better to me, after I learned how spry and nimble the game system was.

The first hours or weeks simply judge systems and mechanics. But it takes longer for the community to start dictating "How is this game suppose to be played?" And with patches, the companies now have the power to say "no, that's wrong, lets fix it!" or "Yeah, that's right, lets amp up what works!"

All of these things drastically change an overall opinion. It's part of what I love about fighters. Each discovery can drastically refresh or neuter a game.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
You act as though you need to know every single little secret, glitch, and nuance to know if the gsme is good or bad overall. You don't.

And the longer it takes you to find the good in the game in question, the less any is there, if at all.

So again: "Just wait a month!" is a dumb philosophy.

I should have phrased things better. Time will tell if the game is as good as it seems. Which while I think the game will be great with time we'll really know if the game has staying power, or there are exploits, glitches and other things are affect the game and change perspective to the negative side.

Time has proven things with SCV and SF X Tekken and other games inside the genre and outside so calling it dumb without looking up games that started with positive reception and with time were found things that hindered the experience so I'll stand with time will tell.

Yeah... you see, the problem with that is, the fighters are later defined by their discoveries and shifts in playstyle. I LOVED playing Marvel in my vaccum-sealed group back in the day, but after it became all about infinite loops and so-ugly-it's-not-appealing junk later on, I don't find the game fun to play anymore. However, JoJo's fast-paced gameplay, as I learn more of it, seems better to me, after I learned how spry and nimble the game system was.

The first hours or weeks simply judge systems and mechanics. But it takes longer for the community to start dictating "How is this game suppose to be played?" And with patches, the companies now have the power to say "no, that's wrong, lets fix it!" or "Yeah, that's right, lets amp up what works!"

All of these things drastically change an overall opinion. It's part of what I love about fighters. Each discovery can drastically refresh or neuter a game.

Exactly

Squire

Banned
I should have phrased things better. Time will tell if the game is as good as it seems. Which while I think the game will be great with time we'll really know if the game has staying power, or there are exploits, glitches and other things are affect the game and change perspective to the negative side.

Time has proven things with SCV and SF X Tekken and other games inside the genre and outside so calling it dumb without looking up games that started with positive reception and with time were found things that hindered the experience so I'll stand with time will tell.

Exactly

Fair enough. I still don't think it's fair to brush off praise or criticism if what the game is, right now, in it's current form. Maybe there's a patch coming; who cares? To try to invalidate an absolutely valid take with, "Well, wait a month." is garbage.

DR2K

Banned
[Clark Gable];42476529 said:
I'm calling for an online only nerf, because people are abusing this shit right now. It's fucking irritating.

Is it one of her offensive throws (beats attacks) or regular throws(beats holds + blocking)?

Vazra

Fair enough. I still don't think it's fair to brush off praise or criticism if what the game is, right now, in it's current form. Maybe there's a patch coming; who cares? To try to invalidate an absolutely valid take with, "Well, wait a month." is garbage.

Yes but there are things that can be discovered that can add or take from the game so wait for some time does work. DOA4 someone discovered something for Helena and I know other games people have found some neat or not so neat things later after release which in some cases breaks or immerses more for the gameplay.

Anyhow can't wait til tomorrow dammit! (Saw a crappy unboxing video on youtube that used just pictures and didnt show anything of the artbook)

Squire

Banned
Yes but there are things that can be discovered that can add or take from the game so wait for some time does work. DOA4 someone discovered something for Helena and I know other games people have found some neat or not so neat things later after release which in some cases breaks or immerses more for the gameplay.

Anyhow can't wait til tomorrow dammit! (Saw a crappy unboxing video on youtube that used just pictures and didnt show anything of the artbook)

Then let those discoveries happen as they may. It's not reasonable to ask people to just hold their tongue until the unknown occurs.

Remember, Team Ninja knew their release date and they had time to QA test. Fighting games yada yada, I got that. But there needs to some accountability. Lets be honest: patches this generation let devs slip by. And it's fine; it doesn't bother me. But we have a responsibility to acknowledge it and they have one to admit it. Lets not make excuses for their mistakes.

alstein

Or maybe folks will figure it out in a week or two, like they did Vanessa's intercept stance.

Way too early to call for a nerf.

Vazra

Then let those discoveries happen as they may. It's not reasonable to ask people to just hold their tongue until the unknown occurs.

Remember, Team Ninja knew their release date and they had time to QA test. Fighting games yada yada, I got that. But there needs to some accountability. Lets be honest: patches this generation let devs slip by. And it's fine; it doesn't bother me. But we have a responsibility to acknowledge it and they have one to admit it. Lets not make excuses for their mistakes.

I'm not telling anyone to hold their tongues but just keep in mind that more things might happen. I'm just writing my own opinion which might not be the same as yours or others. Like it or not its just opinions and to each their own I guess.

Also the article by the way it ends seems biased which is understandable since he is a DOA player/Fan.

You act as though you need to know every single little secret, glitch, and nuance to know if the gsme is good or bad overall. You don't.

And the longer it takes you to find the good in the game in question, the less any is there, if at all.

So again: "Just wait a month!" is a dumb philosophy.

3s was consider garbage for awhile when it first came out. While SFxT was thought to be one of the best fighter in years (still has potential).

MK9 is another recent fighter. Nobody knew until way later on how broken certain characters were, nor did they know about p1 advantage, input bug, and etc.

Endo Punk

Looks like most of you have got your hands on it. You can't really spoil a fighting game but I want to play through the story and see the new costumes for myself. Just 5 more days....

Vazra

Looks like most of you have got your hands on it. You can't really spoil a fighting game but I want to play through the story and see the new costumes for myself. Just 5 more days....

Big Spoiler
The game has ending credits!

Endo Punk

Big Spoiler
The game has ending credits!

dope-exploding-head.jpeg

Welcome to fighting games online! Enjoy your stay!

Squire

Banned
Pretty disappointing selection. So many palette swaps and slightly altered costumes. At least they made Bayman's scuba outfit more appealing.

Yeah, I'm calling at least two rounds of costume DLC now. Though I do like what's here.

Now how specific details for how to unlock?

I
really cannot wait.

branny

DLC BELIEVE! (JK who knows)
If we didn't have Leifang's C3 and Kasumi's C3, I'd be so pissed right now.

At least they made Bayman's scuba outfit more appealing.
I'd prefer most appealing. (It could've been "Ein red pants unbuttoned 2.0"--a shirtless outfit with the top half of his suit flopping around...!)

Helena got the best costumes and an alt hair option.

The guys got DOA4'd/DOAD'd.
:(((

I guess I'll have to see them when she's fighting. Those costume videos were the only things I'm allowing myself to watch before I get my copy, lol.

Unfortunately, that's online fighting games for you. Everyone immediately migrates to top tier characters only or find an exploit/cheat or something they can spam or implement online to garner easy wins. Then again, I haven't played this game yet to confirm anything. Wait, how are people playing this online already?

psy18

Got the game early, but the "Sexy Costume" code doesn't work for me.
Do I have to wait until official release date for the codes to work?

Squire

Banned
Got the game early, but the "Sexy Costume" code doesn't work for me.
Do I have to wait until official release date for the codes to work?

If you're on PS3, definitely. Those won't work until they update the store on Tuesday. Not sure about XBL.

Helena got the best costumes and an alt hair option.

The guys got DOA4'd/DOAD'd.

Can hair style on Lei-Fang and Kasumi, and Lisa and Ryu's Masks be changed? When I played briefly the other day I couldn't figure it out. Not trying to have the costumes and story spoiled yet.

patapuf

Can hair style on Lei-Fang and Kasumi, and Lisa and Ryu's Masks be changed? When I played briefly the other day I couldn't figure it out. Not trying to have the costumes and story spoiled yet.

Kasumi and Leifang's hairstyles can be changed and i'm pretty sure the masks for lisa are optional.

Ryu is too shy to show his face.

psy18

If you're on PS3, definitely. Those won't work until they update the store on Tuesday. Not sure about XBL.

Thanks, I am indeed on PS3.

The game strutters on team ninja intro but not anymore after i installed the game.
First time playing DOA and the fight system seems pretty simple but with lots of style.

Squire

Banned
Thanks, I am indeed on PS3.

The game strutters on team ninja intro but not anymore after i installed the game.
First time playing DOA and the fight system seems pretty simple but with lots of style.

Someone else who got it early had the same exact problem, actually.

DR2K

Banned
Lol at the man on the train at the beginning... If there will be other silly references to DoA4 endings I'm really gonna love 5's Story Mode.

And, of course, you guys who are going to get the game tomorrow. I hate you all.

It doesn't end the way you think it does, lol.

Esura

Banned
Can't wait til midnight. Will pick this up while everyone else gets Fifa.

I think I'm the only one who preordered DOA at my local store...tis sad. Hopefully they let me buy that Prima guide while I'm there. Forgot to preorder it.

My GS better have it for midnight. I'm going to be the only schmuck there grabbing DOA5 CE among all the WoW and... FIFA..?

Also, watching the costumes video, it occurred to me that TN could have easily put in either of Ayane's Ninja Gaiden/Sigma outfits. Would be fun to have those.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Got a text saying I can grab it at midnight. GS is right across the street where I live so I'm gonna stroll over there. Hopefully with WoW having a digital version there aren't too many people there.

Top Bottom