• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Squire

Banned
Yeah, Hayashi does a really awesome job fostering competition in the community by shitting the Online bed with the original game and each subsequent release and funneling money into an engine that "realistically" renders bouncing breasts and skin.

A true man of the people. Oh yes.

Timu

The swaying of boobies...
silly3.gif
Imagine if this game had PS4 touchpad support, lol.

Vade

Has Sega just told Team Ninja they cannot make any more dlc for the VF characters; nothing more for Jacky or Pai.

Josephl64

Their focus may not always be in the right place... and I just don't mean like that. Not updating the online play at all is, especially given how bad it really is, sucks.

online play is my only fault with them, but it never impacted me as much as you guys since the only fighting game I played online before this was Brawl...although I still want it to be better

ShinMaruku

They can only go so far until where they test the game is as good as we have. (Since Japan's infastructure is much newer than ours) some of the netcode will always be off.

Skilletor

They can only go so far until where they test the game is as good as we have. (Since Japan's infastructure is much newer than ours) some of the netcode will always be off.

Not a valid excuse when VF5, TTT2, SC5, SF4, Blazblue, and a bunch of other games have amazing netcode.

Especially TTT2, VF, and SC, since those are directly comparable.

This shitty netcode is inexcusable.

Westlo

Would seriously like a reworked online system for the ps4 version.... ffs Namco had a terrible one with Soul Calibur 4 and Tekken 6 but they stepped the fuck up with Soul Calibur 5 (which TTT2 and I guess future Namco fighters will use as well)..... Australia to Japan was pretty decent....

ShinMaruku

Not a valid excuse when VF5, TTT2, SC5, SF4, Blazblue, and a bunch of other games have amazing netcode.

I beg to differ on SF4 netcode being good. It itself is kind of shitty. I will conced VF5 and Tekken but SF4 is suspect. Of course there is no excuse for shit notcode, but I just think until the net issues in the US becomes better all these games will have some terrible noetcode issue for people.

Honestly, TTT2 net code is still good, but it seems like it deteriorated a little when Tekken Revolution came out. I get more laggy matches then before. Maybe it is just me or the people I am playing.

New DLC costumes

542013A14909700008

Whilst those outfits dont show enough skin for me to actually buy any of them, I must admit they do look pretty nice. Mila in particular -very nice.
I agree that TN should work on improving the netcode for the next DoA. The only 360 gen fighter I played with worse netcode than DoA5 was SC4. The input lag there was atrocious.

Loona

Is there a priestess outfit for momoji? The one she wears while curing ryu in hayabusa village in ninja gaiden 3..

I don't even know about that scene and I now want that - I rather like it when outfits draw from canon/official artwork/past games.
The more of that is available, the more complete the game feels, and the concept of extra outfits is justified.
(I really liked that default DoA5 gave Hayabusa his blue outfit from the NES game as his first alternate look)

dreamfall

Hmmm I'm still playing catchup on Costumes.

I think from here I'll out, I'll buy a pack a week. This week that Autumn mix!

I hope we get word of the new Halloween ones soon!

Hmmm I'm still playing catchup on Costumes.

I think from here I'll out, I'll buy a pack a week. This week that Autumn mix!

I hope we get word of the new Halloween ones soon!

If you don't have some of the older packs, it's probably best to wait until we know what's coming with Last Round if you're getting that. The new stuff that they're putting out is probably save to get though

Hubb

If you don't have some of the older packs, it's probably best to wait until we know what's coming with Last Round if you're getting that. The new stuff that they're putting out is probably save to get though

I'd normally agree but I think they like putting the costumes in that have little to no variation. Like the maid pack, and even this most released pack seems to fall under that category. If they release some really cool Halloween one's, those are probably safe to buy.

Might as well be safe if you know you are going to get LR and just wait though.

Skilletor

Not that I would buy these anyway, but I'm not purchasing anything until LR.

I shouldn't even have paid for NyoTengu, haha.

Anaconda too strong.

ShinMaruku

Nyo Tengu is so good though. I love how she plays. She and Phase 4 Misty are the best add on characters so far. Even Marie Rose is good.

I don't even know about that scene and I now want that - I rather like it when outfits draw from canon/official artwork/past games.
The more of that is available, the more complete the game feels, and the concept of extra outfits is justified.
(I really liked that default DoA5 gave Hayabusa his blue outfit from the NES game as his first alternate look)

Yeah. Some canon outfits would be cool, all the outfits just look so random.

Can't find priestess outfit for momiji :( would be cool if they add it. Kureha had the similar outfit as her default outfit.

How would Raidou fit into the series narrative-wise now?

Kasumi killed him in DOA1, right? How could he come back now? I know he was in Dimensions with some red aura around him, but it wasn't explained, was it?

His body claimed and experimented on and revived?

Top Bottom