• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Loona

i think hayashi said he'd like to put Ryo in at the beginning. probably couldn't get permission.

That's why I mentioned Ryo's chances - if Hayashi already has something like a design document or draft of how he'd play, it would boost the odds compared to a Sega preference involving new work from scratch.

http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/tgs-interviews.4892/

Called it. One male one female.
New Characters: 1 Male, 1 Female confirmed.
The new Male Character, DOA fans will love him. (<--Resurrected character)
The new Female Character, right now he can only say, please anticipate for her.
(Hair color, other than black -->Not black) She can make full use of the new soft skin engine...

Still adding more hair style

The new soft skin engine is only on next gen hardware: PS4/XboxOne

raven777

Hayashi also talked about the new breast engine. Now breasts move really naturally, and this wasn't possible because of the hardware limitations in PS3/360.

Eolz

While reading the interview, I actually understood it would not be a ressurected character.
We'll probably know more before the end of the year anyway.

benzy

They say the soft skin engine is implemented in the next gen versions, but I'm not seeing any benefit of it in the ps4 footage shown. :\ Looks the same to me.

Dantis

They say the soft skin engine is implemented in the next gen versions, but I'm not seeing any benefit of it in the ps4 footage shown. :\ Looks the same to me.

You can see it in that video above with Hitomi.pretty clearly in the victory pose. That and the new 'physics' are definitely... something. I guess they're impressive, at least.

Skilletor

I can't tell much of anything from cam vids. If you told me this was the ps3/360 version, I'd believe it.

Will wait for direct feed stuffs. That said, I'm assuming this will look exactly the same, save higher resolution. And I'm a-ok with that.

benzy

They did?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=130761146&postcount=4860

You can see it in that video above with Hitomi.pretty clearly in the victory pose. That and the new 'physics' are definitely... something. I guess they're impressive, at least.

Looks the same as it always has.

Last Round PS4
image_dead_or_alive_5_last_round-26341-2637_0005.jpg

DOA5 PR image
306767.png

While reading the interview, I actually understood it would not be a ressurected character.
We'll probably know more before the end of the year anyway.

Really? I hope you're right, I don't want it to be Raidou or Genra.

Also, the end of the year is too far awayyyy!

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Did anyone put up Youtube footage of the event? I was out and I missed it :/

Stream was low quality, couldn't even tell difference in the graphics. They played a few matches on the new Danger Zone stage. No new characters or anything shown.

dreamfall

You didn't miss anything.

Baha, well alright then!

Stream was low quality, couldn't even tell difference in the graphics. They played a few matches on the new Danger Zone stage. No new characters or anything shown.

Sheeeeeesh, sadness. I hope KT puts out a visual differences video or something! Where are our new characters! We need more stages!

I'm excited for Last Round- but I'd also like some update on the Fight Stick situation. SO many demands!

Weird they haven't done a proper trailer yet or that there's been no direct feed gameplay.

I'm not expecting too much from this tbh. It isn't going to be representative of a current gen-only DOA6, but do hope there are some good improvements in LR over last gen.

Can't deny the breasts look pretty realistic lol. In the losing poses anyway.

Griss

You know, as someone who turns off the breast physics because they're awful and I'd rather focus on the gameplay I still have to admit that those look like a serious improvement. Maybe I'll leave it on this time.

Weird they haven't done a proper trailer yet or that there's been no direct feed gameplay.

I'm not expecting too much from this tbh. It isn't going to be representative of a current gen-only DOA6, but do hope there are some good improvements in LR over last gen.

Can't deny the breasts look pretty realistic lol. In the losing poses anyway.

Yeah true. It is strange. Maybe because it is still a ways off? Maybe they will show something or a proper trailer closer to end to the year.

Did anyone put up Youtube footage of the event? I was out and I missed it :/
The archive is here and the event starts at about the 2hr 55m mark: http://www.twitch.tv/madcatz/b/570263459.

The first gameplay footage is at the 3hr 10m mark and they first play on the DOA1 remake stage, now called "The Danger Zone."

It's apparently an infinite stage composed of different platforms that you can be knocked off of. Some versions of the platforms have the blue tiles that cause extra bounce but not all, some are all green tile.

I think the potential for an extra bounce is going to make this a lot of people's new favorite stage but it seems like you can tech out of it, like in the original game.

That anti-aliasing though... Ouch.

Top Bottom