• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

ShinMaruku

new soft engine in action

doa5ps402e0cen.gif

doa5ps401h0i6o.gif

iIbwiP2utSNKD.gif

The swaying of boobies...
silly3.gif

AlStrong

Call me a pessimist, but the way the first two games were designed, one would think they would be extremely well suited (excuse the double puns) for F2P i.e. costumes & particularly Zack Dollar Grinding (or rather, pay for in-game currency...).

:s

edit: you'd hope the Z-dollar payouts weren't so stingy ala pre-patch DOAX2, but even then it was a bit nutty.

raven777

541E6A9F3570D4000E

-PS3/PS4 cross play is not supported

-soft engine is about 65% complete

-soft engine makes breasts move more naturally, and also improves skin shader and etc. So male character's muscle will look better as well. Soft engine + sweat will be glorious.

-After DOA5 LR Hayashi wants to make DOA6 using the power of next-gen consoles (PS4/Xbox One)

-As for Senran Kagura collaboration, we can't go into the detail at the moment but I think you know what we have in common.

http://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201409210011/

Eolz

I really don't think we'll get DOA6 before Ninja Gaiden 4 and DOAX3.
His comment sounds like it's already on track (same when they released the Gravure DLC). They just won't put a lot of people on a project like this, it's probably on and off as they were waiting for this new physics engine.

ShinMaruku

I spent about 2 days learning Misty in NG3:RE if they learne dfrom 3 4 will be a treat with her. I also love how they put her in Warriors Orochi her R1 is her grab in NG3:RE

Vade

I wish doa 4 had the support 5 has received, maybe the series would have seen more competitive play then.

Kumubou

Am I the only person who doesn't really care about the DoAX games? Maybe if they actually did what they did well... but they don't (outside of the blatant fanservice).

I loved most of the changes with NG3RE, and the new characters were excellent, especially Kasumi.

I would be pretty hype for NG4.
I think it's pretty easy to like most of the changes to NG3RE because the original release was beyond awful.

Am I the only person who doesn't really care about the DoAX games? Maybe if they actually did what they did well... but they don't (outside of the blatant fanservice).

I liked the first one as a puzzle game. Never played the second because it looked like it wasn't like the first. I'd probably try a third one, but it'll probably be a shit game. Definitely not something to get Day 1

Skilletor

I think it's pretty easy to like most of the changes to NG3RE because the original release was beyond awful.

No, I think both doax games are trash and only make it more difficult to talk about doa as a competitive fighter.

Skilletor

I thought doa4 had the weakest stages in the series. The only positive thing I ha e to say about that game is that the iq was immaculate.

Loona

Haven't really played them, but the concept doesn't appeal to me - and gets in the way of DoA being taken seriously, something it already self-sabotages enough without a sister series "helping".

ShinMaruku

Given how the fgc is I would rather it's market dictate whether it gets taken seriously or not. Because the FGC's head at times so so stuck up sf4's ass can't take them seriously at times.

Skilletor

Given how the fgc is I would rather it's market dictate whether it gets taken seriously or not. Because the FGC's head at times so so stuck up sf4's ass can't take them seriously at times.

I don't care about the fgc. It's hard to even click on this thread without being subjected to the most naked outfits the game has. If they made a doax, it would just be people posting picture after picture of that game hoping such and such outfit would be added to doa6.

ShinMaruku

If the gameplay is top notch and they persent the more awesome outfits I think they can side step the connotations with the other games. I like that Team Ninja uses their tied franchises to other games and markets. It just depends on how they treat each game with the marketing. I think with how Hayashi's pervy mind is we will always have to contend with the perverted side of this game.

Kumubou

If the gameplay is top notch and they persent the more awesome outfits I think they can side step the connotations with the other games. I like that Team Ninja uses their tied franchises to other games and markets. It just depends on how they treat each game with the marketing. I think with how Hayashi's pervy mind is we will always have to contend with the perverted side of this game.
The FGC has run tournaments with fighting games based on hentai games -- it doesn't matter. While I think people will deride it for all of the silly outfits... Tekken, Soul Calibur and Virtua Fighter have plenty of dumb outfits too. (And I've seen people complain about the outfits in those games, too.) If the game is good, it will get its due -- that's all that really matters. (Please note that this doesn't mean that people will actually play it :p -- but it'll help.)

ShinMaruku

The FGC has run tournaments with fighting games based on hentai games -- it doesn't matter. While I think people will deride it for all of the silly outfits... Tekken, Soul Calibur and Virtua Fighter have plenty of dumb outfits too. (And I've seen people complain about the outfits in those games, too.) If the game is good, it will get its due -- that's all that really matters. (Please note that this doesn't mean that people will actually play it :p -- but it'll help.)

I always called people out for saying doa is stupid when they play Tekken and KOF in particular. Have then noot Seen Mai and Asuka?

Skilletor

I always called people out for saying doa is stupid when they play Tekken and KOF in particular. Have then noot Seen Mai and Asuka?

Hollar at me when the devs on those games are bragging about how realistic their breasts move with a new engine.

Mai and Asuka are single characters in games with dozens. Hardly the same thing.

Ya gotta take the good with the bad.

Hayashi makes sure the game is competitive.

Hayashi also makes sure the breasts move as realistically as possible.

Top Bottom