• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Squire

Banned
Yeah, I mean I doubt they'll be free w/ LR. I'm sure they'll carry over. :)

I don't think they'd put anything that's not going to be on the disc in the trailer. It's not like we don't already know a bunch of the DLC comes with LR. The new Halloween stuff is included if they're showing it. They're just releasing the costumes now because aside from it being a month out from Halloween, why make Core Fighters players wait? If you play that and don't plan to get LR, they'd just be keeping content from you and money from themselves.

Marie
BzOgef_CIAA8yaI.jpg

https://twitter.com/TeamNINJAStudio/status/518973968397520896/photo/1

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
They will be. You can see Elliott and Marie's costumes in the LR trailer. These are the Halloween outfits we voted for.

According to the teaser just posted it's different. Maybe we're getting more ?

That Marie Rose outfit has zero sex appeal, which I guess is ok for her, because she is so childlike etc.
I just hope the other girls do get some sexy looking stuff. There were some great entries in the comp and a lot of the top 10 stuff from the Halloween comp was nice too. Especially the Japanese entries.

Dantis

So I just checked the winners of the contest, and that costume isn't one.

I guess this means that even Team Ninja agrees that the winners were shit.

Dantis

Team Ninja jest tweeted this...
BzP_KVwCcAAMe2R.jpg

Which equals...
Br1n9cfCUAA70ZZ.jpg:large

Ah well, that ends my hopes for seeing the Tina Halloween costume I wanted :'(

Ha! Another one which wasn't a winner.

This really deserved to win, so I'm glad they've made it. It just sucks that, presumably, the artists who made these pictures aren't going to win anything for their efforts.

Eolz

BzP_KVwCcAAMe2R.jpg

Which equals...

Ah well, that ends my hopes for seeing the Tina Halloween costume I wanted :'(
jvZXXDaUccuII.jpg

Sorry, no ButchaU/Eroquis costume for you ;(.
I preferred this one as well, but Superheroine Tina is a really close second. She was made for this.

Ha! Another one which wasn't a winner.

This really deserved to win, so I'm glad they've made it. It just sucks that, presumably, the artists who made these pictures aren't going to win anything for their efforts.

I dunno, I think for the artist, getting your costume made in-game would be the most exciting outcome (at least it would've for me, if I had the energy to enter lol).

I'm really glad they aren't just making the winners for the Halloween contest - was there some shifty vote-gaming going on in the website? So many of the runner ups were way better. Normally I'd just put it down to my taste being different but the Facebook results of the first contest got it so right.

Yep, the ultimate prize is getting your design in the game. I think the main winners did receive some stuff, though - one of the artists tweeted their prizes and the signed stuff they received from TN.

Dantis

Yep, the ultimate prize is getting your design in the game. I think the main winners did receive some stuff, though - one of the artists tweeted their prizes and the signed stuff they received from TN.

Yeah, that's what I mean. The ones who won the popularity contest won signed art books and those towels and stuff, but the guys who did the costumes that are actually going into the game get nothing.

Unless all other winners will get in the game anyway, but I dunno. I know TN said there's no guarantees of costumes getting into the game, so it could be they've simply chosen easy ones to make or ones that TN likes. Wouldn't really be fair on the legit voted winners if they don't get in, whilst non-winners are getting in, I agree. I guess they think some don't deserve to be in, even though they won, and would prefer to make costumes out of the ones they think are more deserving. Still think more actual winners will get in, though. Can't not have that blue Kasumi valkyrie one, for example, surely.

Dantis

Unless all other winners will get in the game anyway, but I dunno. I know TN said there's no guarantees of costumes getting into the game, so it could be they've simply chosen easy ones to make or ones that TN likes. Wouldn't really be fair on the legit voted winners if they don't get in, whilst non-winners are getting in, I agree. I guess they think some don't deserve to be in, even though they won, and would prefer to make costumes out of the ones they think are more deserving. Still think more actual winners will get in, though. Can't not have that blue Kasumi valkyrie one, for example, surely.

That was the first contest again, not the Halloween one.

Skilletor

BzP_KVwCcAAMe2R.jpg

Which equals...

Oh SHIT. That Tina outfit was the single one I saw that I liked. AWESOME!

I don't think they'd put anything that's not going to be on the disc in the trailer. It's not like we don't already know a bunch of the DLC comes with LR. The new Halloween stuff is included if they're showing it. They're just releasing the costumes now because aside from it being a month out from Halloween, why make Core Fighters players wait? If you play that and don't plan to get LR, they'd just be keeping content from you and money from themselves.

Oh, they were in the trailer? I guess I didn't notice. Dope.

Still buying the Tina outfit, lol.

Ultimadrago

Have we ever gotten a full-on description of what the "Soft Skin engine" entails? I mean, I have some ideas from the name itself, but is there more than one bulletpoint sharing its new features?

Hubb

Have we ever gotten a full-on description of what the "Soft Skin engine" entails? I mean, I have some ideas from the name itself, but is there more than one bulletpoint sharing its new features?

I couldn't find anything on it let alone a full-on description. My guess would be more "natural" skin/movement.

my shitty google translate of http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/doa5/lastround/top.html basically says the same thing. Someone on Gamefaqs said it also might be similar to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECDYA3SpMNM around the 2 minute mark.

Eolz

I remember that at one point it was supposed to show bruises on the skin, but they either toned it down or that's for Ninja Gaiden. Apart from that, Hayashi often talk of the "warmth" of a person, more realistic physics (not only breasts), and probably better interaction with clothes from what I've seen in some LR videos (unlike some costumes going through arms/breasts/legs/etc at the moment).

Ultimadrago

I couldn't find anything on it let alone a full-on description. My guess would be more "natural" skin/movement.

my shitty google translate of http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/doa5/lastround/top.html basically says the same thing. Someone on Gamefaqs said it also might be similar to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECDYA3SpMNM around the 2 minute mark.

Thanks for the effort. I wish they were more descriptive about it, but I guess that's the best we're getting.

I remember that at one point it was supposed to show bruises on the skin, but they either toned it down or that's for Ninja Gaiden. Apart from that, Hayashi often talk of the "warmth" of a person, more realistic physics (not only breasts), and probably better interaction with clothes from what I've seen in some LR videos (unlike some costumes going through arms/breasts/legs/etc at the moment).

Thanks. Hopefully we get plenty of side-by-side comparison content come the time LR releases.

That Tina outfit reminds me of a design of a certain anime character. I forgot his name and the name of the anime.

I hope they don't get in trouble for that.

Can't believe there's still no good direct trailer of LR from TN yet. People are able to play this game at events, and we can't even get direct footage to see improvements. Unless current game demos are not representative at all of the final game yet. Doing my head in though.

No, it's a newer anime.

edit found it
250px-Kamina.jpg

The cape and shades reminded me of him even though the cape is much thinner and pink.

Now that I look at it more it resembles Kamen Rider more.

I thought it looked a lot like Diebuster, myself.

They should give her a Cutey Honey alt and be done with it.

Top Bottom