• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Loona

How would Raidou fit into the series narrative-wise now?

Kasumi killed him in DOA1, right? How could he come back now? I know he was in Dimensions with some red aura around him, but it wasn't explained, was it?

His body claimed and experimented on and revived?

It's a series where clones are well-established.

Skilletor

How would Raidou fit into the series narrative-wise now?

Kasumi killed him in DOA1, right? How could he come back now? I know he was in Dimensions with some red aura around him, but it wasn't explained, was it?

His body claimed and experimented on and revived?

Dimensions is like a recap of all the DoAs, so they didn't need an explanation. He was playable in DoA1, and this game went back that far timeline wise.

Dimensions is like a recap of all the DoAs, so they didn't need an explanation. He was playable in DoA1, and this game went back that far timeline wise.

Oh is that all it was, then? So his appearance in DOAD was just because it was covering all DOA stories?

I'm just curious how they would work him into a revival for one of the main games. I guess cloning is the obvious answer.

Skilletor

Oh is that all it was, then? So his appearance in DOAD was just because it was covering all DOA stories?

I'm just curious how they would work him into a revival for one of the main games. I guess cloning is the obvious answer.

Yeah, the game covered all story points from DoA1-4.

A clone would be a canon way to bring him back. I hope it isn't him. He wasn't very unique. But that's probably exactly why it would be him. :/

I get why people want old faves back, but it does seem dumb to just use the old clone excuse. Seems pointless even making out he's dead if they can just clone him.

Still, he has actually been dead since his only appearance, so I guess they've done a good job keeping him dead until now. I guess a revival for him is probably due. Two Kasumi clones is just too much so the thought is annoying :/

Griss

As for Raidou:

a) If it's just for DoA:LR, then there's no need for a narrative excuse, as they won't be doing anything new for the story. He'd be a purely gameplay character.

b) If they want to bring him back for DoA6, the obvious answer (since cloning would be super-lame at this point) would be that Donovan funds some eeeeevil research that opens up a portal to the demon realm or some such, which is where Raidou ended up because of all his evil karma. You'd even get a sick fire stage out of it and all. The game has tengu demons and ninja magic and all this sort of stuff, so it's not a huge stretch. I really like the idea of Ayane going on a mission into hell to defeat her sick father once and for all. With her red eyes she'd fit right in...

I hope it's not Raidou, but I certainly prefer him to Shiden, Tengu or Genra/Omega. I love what they did with Tengu's moveset. Nyotengu is just awesome.

As for Raidou:

a) If it's just for DoA:LR, then there's no need for a narrative excuse, as they won't be doing anything new for the story. He'd be a purely gameplay character.

Is this confirmed? Whyyyy!
Yes, I play fighting games for the story.

As for Raidou:

b) If they want to bring him back for DoA6, the obvious answer (since cloning would be super-lame at this point) would be that Donovan funds some eeeeevil research that opens up a portal to the demon realm or some such, which is where Raidou ended up because of all his evil karma. You'd even get a sick fire stage out of it and all. The game has tengu demons and ninja magic and all this sort of stuff, so it's not a huge stretch. I really like the idea of Ayane going on a mission into hell to defeat her sick father once and for all. With her red eyes she'd fit right in...

Ryu goes into hell realm in NG2. So its not at all a stretch.

raven777

Hopefully they add this new outfit for Ayane later for DLC.

zero_02_cs1w1_1280x7227uyu.jpg

zero_01_cs1w1_1280x72ksy6c.jpg

Loona

Yeah, the game covered all story points from DoA1-4.

A clone would be a canon way to bring him back. I hope it isn't him. He wasn't very unique. But that's probably exactly why it would be him. :/

I liked Raidou's design back in the day, but the cloning thing could reach a compromise - young clone Raidou as alternative beefcake to Jann Lee and Ein, and tweaked moves to make him more distinct, perhaps...

I'm intrigued by Ayane in Fatal Frame - I don't know of the tatoos/drawings are a Fatal Frame lore thing, but they'd be nice to see as a skin in DoA.

Ultimadrago

Already been said to be costumes, and Tagaki teased the same in Estival Versus.
Would be nice if there's something else though (hot spring stage, music?).

Ah, I didn't know it had already been announced and I agree that having something extra would be neat.

I would have thought old defaults/costumes would have been a no brainer.
Some of these new outfits are lacking. The nurse one for example.

I would like to see
Ayane DOA3 C1
Tina DOA3 C1 DOA1 cowgirl outfit
Kasumi school girl outfit from DOA1 with the plaid skirt and boots(?)
Brad Wong DOA3 C1 DOA4 C1
Zack DOA4 C1

ShinMaruku

Yup. Also look for some nice pointers from Ninja Gaiden in the Shinovi vs game. They are probably just working through the details.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Already been said to be costumes, and Tagaki teased the same in Estival Versus.
Would be nice if there's something else though (hot spring stage, music?).

Got a link/source by any chance? I'd be interested in reading any info about it just because I've come up empty.

The only thing I recall is being told to "think about what both games do" or something.

Eolz

Got a link/source by any chance? I'd be interested in reading any info about it just because I've come up empty.

The only thing I recall is being told to "think about what both games do" or something.

It's somewhere on Takagi's twitter :/ (same for the fact he says there'll be something in EV as well).
The teaser at the end of the japanese LR teaser trailer (and not in the western one) also means it won't be something that big.

For some reason catalgue 14 won't show up for me.. :(

I think some of them didn't show up for me, but when I downloaded the costumes they were included in the download. Buying the costumes just gives you the unlock key to use them, but I think it checks to make sure you have the locked content to begin with, and includes it if you don't.

If you're still having problems though, you should probably email Temco and see what they can do.

ShinMaruku

I think some of them didn't show up for me, but when I downloaded the costumes they were included in the download. Buying the costumes just gives you the unlock key to use them, but I think it checks to make sure you have the locked content to begin with, and includes it if you don't.

If you're still having problems though, you should probably email Temco and see what they can do.

I'll look into that. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQS96Ivyb9Y
About to refine my tag info. I will be posting that here too. :)

AAK

If they are going to come out with some nice Halloween ones it'll be hard to wait for LR. Might have to break down and buy one or two.

I'm pretty sure the dlc codes will transfer over. You won't have to buy them again.

The guys are actually gonna get some costumes again? Are we in bizarro world?!?!

I hope they're all sexy as hell. They need to make up for the ridiculous drought this past year.

Skilletor

If they are going to come out with some nice Halloween ones it'll be hard to wait for LR. Might have to break down and buy one or two.

I'm willing to bet these won't be included in LR.

Not my money, definitely. But I'd bet donuts.

Maybe not donuts.

Top Bottom