• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Hubb

NA apparently got DoA5U before JPN unless I am getting my dates wrong. Hopefully that means a Feb release date for us too, or at least a March release.

Eolz

Didn't the JP versions of those games have english text as well?
Just in case there is once again a great collector's edition :p

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Its ok to have old men in the game but old women is a no? (not that 32 is old)

I'd play an old female character just for the potential trolling value alone. Oh the Power Instinct days.

Hubb

Its ok to have old men in the game but old women is a no? (not that 32 is old)

I'd play an old female character just for the potential trolling value alone. Oh the Power Instinct days.

Not only is 32 not old, but they aren't going to give her wrinkles or anything anyway. She'll be labeled 32 and probably look like she is 24.

Not only is 32 not old, but they aren't going to give her wrinkles or anything anyway. She'll be labeled 32 and probably look like she is 24.

So true. I kinda hate that about JP games.

How old is Christie? She could easily pass a good-looking 40+ yr old if they wanted to.

Vazra

Wasn't Taki removed from SCV cause she was too old for the game?
Ivy on the other hand with the magic and shit she works with keeps her from aging and her boob growth varies with age.

The thing is that if you take care the aging marks will take more time to show up and if you keep working out your body wont go sagging like many imagine. I still think it would be nice to see DOA of all games dare to put an old woman in the cast without making her look like the poster grandma of arthritis.

Hubb

The thing is that if you take care the aging marks will take more time to show up and if you keep working out your body wont go sagging like many imagine. I still think it would be nice to see DOA of all games dare to put an old woman in the cast without making her look like the poster grandma of arthritis.

Yes, but lets be honest. Without make-up how any 32 year olds have perfect skin? How many 24 year olds for that matter?

Vazra

Yes, but lets be honest. Without make-up how any 32 year olds have perfect skin? How many 24 year olds for that matter?

Lol it might surprise you but depending their diets and where they live their skin might remain good until late 30s

Hubb

Lol it might surprise you but depending their diets and where they live their skin might remain good until late 30s

I agree with everything you are saying. I wasn't talking about the body though, I should have clarified I have been talking about the face. I imagine whatever body they give the new character it wont have the face of a 32 year old.

I would love to be proven wrong though.

What time did we make our GAF Tournament at? Just need to make sure I am on time.

I'm not fully sure yet, but I wanted to do it for Halloween weekend, Friday 31st, or the following evening/night. Not sure if ppl are gonna be out on Friday and that, and I don't fully know yet if I will be either, but that's the weekend I put it out for.

Moofers

Are the 2013 Halloween costumes includes with the disc version of DOA5U? I would like to get the disc version but if the digital sale that includes costumes is cheaper than the $20 disc + DLC, then I guess that's the way I will go.

Eolz

Apparently there's a collector's edition and a complete edition?

Which game are you talking about? Ultimate? Only in Japan. There's a collector one for 5 in every region though.

Are the 2013 Halloween costumes includes with the disc version of DOA5U? I would like to get the disc version but if the digital sale that includes costumes is cheaper than the $20 disc + DLC, then I guess that's the way I will go.

Nope. I'm sure they will include them with LR though, unlike the ones from 2014.

omlet

I'm not fully sure yet, but I wanted to do it for Halloween weekend, Friday 31st, or the following evening/night. Not sure if ppl are gonna be out on Friday and that, and I don't fully know yet if I will be either, but that's the weekend I put it out for.

Are scrubs welcome? I've only had the game a few weeks and 5U is my first DOA experience ever and my first real attempt at 3D fighters since VF4 on PS2.

All scrubs welcome. DOA5's about the only fighter I've ever put so much time into and I'm still a scrub :D

I forget what the max room size is - 16? I forget how many we had last year and how it played out. We need the winner and loser brackets though.

Kumubou

Max room size is 16, yeah. Although if you get more than that, I think it would make more sense to split them into round robin pools. A 16-man tournament in one lobby one game at a time is kind of a drag. I kind of hope Team Ninja adds all-play lobbies like Skullgirls, BBCP and P4AU have but expecting any sort of network improvements from Team Ninja right now is kind of lolz.

Yeah, I do remember sitting there for ages with it taking a while last year.

Maybe even with a small group of 10, two round robins of five could work?

Open to any suggestions.

Best way to get this fast is 6 lobbies doing the tournament thing results from the others go into another tourney.

That sounds like it could work best.

So let's say we get about 12 people, we could do a random draw (random number generator or something) and then two people face off in their own lobby. This would mean each pair can arrange their own time if some people can't get on at the exact same time as others. Granted, it could end up spanning more than a day if some people can't get on the same night, but... it's certainly an alternative idea to make it work for some.

Depends on how many we get to see how it would eventually pan out and what's best.

Kumubou

My thought was if there's 16+ people, split everyone into four groups. Have those groups play a Round Robin set, and each player plays the other players in their group for three games. This works out well for a 4-man pool, as you're playing half the time. After each pool, consolidate down to a top 4 or 8 man bracket. If you want to save some time (and make the round robin ranking matter more), if it's 8 people the 2nd place finisher in each pool starts in losers. There's a bunch of formats you could use, really. Comes down to how many people you expect, how much play you want everyone to get and how much time you have.

I'm going to assume that the Tropical Sexy pack of costumes tat popped up onto PSN today is mistakenly put up there as new, since it apparently came out in February for the same price.

I guess the question is: why is it not showing up as purchased on my list when it's the exact same pack?

Moofers

I loaded up Core Fighters and found that most of the stages are locked. You need to play 50 matches online, etc. I am going to pick up the disc tomorrow, but I'm curious to know if the stages are locked in that as well, or is that just a thing with Core Fighters? I mostly want to play this solo and enjoy it as a sort of DOA anthology.

My thought was if there's 16+ people, split everyone into four groups. Have those groups play a Round Robin set, and each player plays the other players in their group for three games. This works out well for a 4-man pool, as you're playing half the time. After each pool, consolidate down to a top 4 or 8 man bracket. If you want to save some time (and make the round robin ranking matter more), if it's 8 people the 2nd place finisher in each pool starts in losers. There's a bunch of formats you could use, really. Comes down to how many people you expect, how much play you want everyone to get and how much time you have.

I guess only a bit closer to the day we'll be able to decide on the format because I really don't know how many we're gonna get.

Need to get a solid list down.

Is the evening of Friday 31st or Saturday 1st better for people? Mention what you prefer and we'll decide from there which day to do it.

Time I guess will be approx 9pm-3am UK time / 4pm-10pm ET (UK clocks go back an hour on 26th, so it might change slightly, but this looks to be the time I could deal with atm).

I'm good for either night, but I think I'd prefer Friday 31st.

raven777

new screenshots
l_5444d2ed22e60zjisy.jpg

l_5444d2efb752d5bspm.jpg

l_5444d2f2421e3krs08.jpg

l_5444d2f593df0hls5p.jpg

l_5444d2fa31b06p3swv.jpg

Dantis

That Kokoro outfit isn't a winner, is it?

Does this mean they're choosing their own outfits, like they did with the Halloween ones?

Top Bottom