• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Ah man. So much news...
Bad first. 360 and PS3 people wont get the new stages, hairstyles or costume option screen during character select. There is much rage about this from all over the place. Info here...

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/doa5/lastround/img/characters/cos_04.jpg

Good news? Pre order costume packs look super awesome (courtesy of Gamefaqs again).

ninja.jpg
aloha.jpg

beach.jpg
showstoppers.jpg

Ryu fighting with all his weapons will look interesting. And the girls? So many sexy outfits. So many. I love how Tina keeps her cowboy hat on. Hopefully most of these girls kept their shoes on too.
And finally Ayane does have shoes! Great looking shoes too. Im really glad TN added those. Yes, the tail looks a bit strange, but I still love this outfit.

ibhzBp4HN2M1C5.gif

Oh yeah. Two youtbe vids showing off the sexy new Hong Kong stage...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47rawELOuhw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VewrkKnhyVA&list=UUcaswDIh-nrXYofcYQm6KTg

Already posted about PS3/360 missing the new stages, hairstyles etc, as well as the new videos, but there's a lot of new info in here, so np :p

Love that new Kassie ninja outfit damn.

Lei Fang's Oriole was always one of my favorite suits from the first XBV

It's also funny seeing that they've just changed the head and arm positions for some of the pictures.

Also, break the img tags when quoting pics. Seeing the same picture get quoted a lot is gonna be really annoying

m0t0k1

The hell? what is the reason to buy it on ps3/360 then 2 new characters? I was excited about getting lr but that just dropped it by a lot.

AAK

What in the world... this has to be like a world record for the number of cosmetic additions added in this game.

Kumubou

The hell? what is the reason to buy it on ps3/360 then 2 new characters? I was excited about getting lr but that just dropped it by a lot.
Well, the PS3 and X360 versions are getting patched up to Last Round for free (which is probably going to include all of the balance adjustments), so you don't need to. There's an upgrade pack as well, which adds the new characters and outfits.

Is there any confirmation on the X360/XBone and PS3/PS4 versions supporting cross-play?

The lack of UI enhancements on the last gen version makes me think we really aren't seeing any other upgrades in more important areas, like the online play. If DoA5:LR's net code is as bad as 5Us I'm not buying anything.

m0t0k1

Well, the PS3 and X360 versions are getting patched up to Last Round for free (which is probably going to include all of the balance adjustments), so you don't need to. There's an upgrade pack as well, which adds the new characters and outfits.

Is there any confirmation on the X360/XBone and PS3/PS4 versions supporting cross-play?

The lack of UI enhancements on the last gen version makes me think we really aren't seeing any other upgrades in more important areas, like the online play. If DoA5:LR's net code is as bad as 5Us I'm not buying anything.

Hmm i buy doa for the stages mostly maybe ill just skip LR on ps3 or see how the online is if its lively i will probably get it and get the core version on a ps4 once i get that. We will probably be at 6 by then. Thanks for the info.

Skilletor

Stages not carrying over means no cross play. Hopefully, and I'm doubtful, but hopefully that means the netcode on current gen will be better.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Damn, guess this means I'm going to get a PS4 earlier than anticiapted. Was going to wait for MGSV.

Are there any good holiday bundles coming?

Hubb

Damn, guess this means I'm going to get a PS4 earlier than anticiapted. Was going to wait for MGSV.

Are there any good holiday bundles coming?

None that we know of, but I am sure Sony will try to do something for the holiday. Even if it means a slight discount of the current bundles.

Kumubou

Stages not carrying over means no cross play. Hopefully, and I'm doubtful, but hopefully that means the netcode on current gen will be better.
You could have cross-play even with a lack of stage parity; you would just need to block the exclusive stages from being selected when a last-gen player is in the game. Hopefully you're right and that the lack of compatibility means that the PS4 and XBone version are going to see some more significant overhauls online... but I'm still skeptical. At least I can just download Core Fighters on the PS4 and try it first. If the uptake of the current gen is anything this is going to be more of an issue for X360/PS3 players (although this is a straight upgrade for 5U owners, so it may play out differently).

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
I see they added a new interface for selecting hair / accesories.I wish they added a new interface for selecting costumes too. It takes so much time to scroll though, especially with only 15 seconds for online matches.

raven777

hope it doesn't take too long for those to show up as DLCs.

How long did it take for DOA5,+,U preorder costumes to show up at DLC store?

benzy

Regardless of platform, all users can transfer unlocked titles, costumes, and Story Mode progress from the last-gen versions of Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate to both the free and full retail versions of Dead or Alive 5: Last Round. Additional characters, Story Mode, and other features can be accessed for a fee.

Does this mean what I think it means? Costumes I bought on XboxLive for 360 can be transferred over to the PS4?

dreamfall

Have they mentioned which sets will carry over from Ultimate/be on the disc?

Like I own almost all of the DLC, but I'm wondering if I should stop buying packs and just wait until February...

Dantis

New hair for Mila.

Momiji had best have new hairstyles. Really, they just add a ton of hairstyles, as it's an easy change that I think a lot of players would appreciate it. Give Kasumi pigtails, or her hair tied up, that kind of thing.

Sulik2

I don't know what to do. I had the Collectors edition on X360 and the costumes will transfer to the XB1, but I would much rather get the PS4 version of Last Round. I have both consoles, what should I do with my preorder? PS4 or XB1?

Humm is the collectors edition Japan only and PS4 exclusive? That might make the decision moot cause then I have to import it on PS4.

I don't know what to do. I had the Collectors edition on X360 and the costumes will transfer to the XB1, but I would much rather get the PS4 version of Last Round. I have both consoles, what should I do with my preorder? PS4 or XB1?

Humm is the collectors edition Japan only and PS4 exclusive? That might make the decision moot cause then I have to import it on PS4.

You might find the majority of costumes you've bought will already be in Last Round, so buying PS4 might not be as big a problem as you first thought.

Eolz

I'm on 360 and switching to PS4. Make the decision on what you'll play in the future, DLC will probably partly in game, partly in packs on sale later.

CE seems to be Japan only as usual, and it's PS4/X1/PS3 (10$ cheaper on PS3).

Top Bottom