• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

SoldnerKei

Tina looks like cloud.

and oddly, Brad looks like Sephiroth lol

I have been waiting for the next version of this game to come out, core fighters is alright but I don't want to spend money on fighters knowing LR is around the corner... well, not that close but you know lol

AAK

DOA Last Round is coming to PS4 in less than 4 months guys... you think with enough pressure we can get Tecmo to include this?

I do see myself getting a PS4 eventually and I DO NOT want to shell out money for another stick. There is no PC version either to fall back to :(

raven777

5448A372451B13000C

Someone at Gamefaqs pointed me to this...

title_ce.jpg

Bikinis! Awesome. Helena and Nyo look the best. Phases-4 is likely the army girl. Thats a nice one too. Lack of footwear is a concern though.

Ayane will be getting her "Monkey" suit. I love the design. Its just that she will probably not be wearing shoes, which could/would look really bad.

Edit: Just noticed Ayanes mini-pigtails in this pic too.

cos_04.jpg

I like that Hitomi bear shirt costume. It's cute.

And look, more bikinis for the ladies. Shocker. Will my dream of swimsuits for the guys ever come true? :/

Dantis

The most impressive thing about these fan costumes is how well TN has carried them over from the original designs. It's actually really cool.

Also, those bikinis are surprisingly revealing, even by TN standards.

raven777

for PS3/360 users:

digital upgrade from DOA5U to DOA5LR is FREE.

They will be selling "Last Round pack" which contains the additional characters and costumes for 3,705 yen (I assume it would be around $29 in US)

for PS3/360 users:

They will be selling "Last Round pack" which contains the additional characters and costumes for 3,705 yen (I assume it would be around $29 in US)

Wow, nice. I have digital on PS3. Although hoping to get PS4 version anyway. But still great.

Eolz

title_ce.jpg

Bikinis! Awesome. Helena and Nyo look the best. Phases-4 is likely the army girl. Thats a nice one too. Lack of footwear is a concern though.

Ayane will be getting her "Monkey" suit. I love the design. Its just that she will probably not be wearing shoes, which could/would look really bad.

cos_04.jpg

Extreme 3 confirmed !
(likely the collector/preorder dlc yeah)
Also, fuck yeah for the best contest costume Ayane had. Not sure what to think of her mini-pigtails (but her mini-ponytail is great).

Edit:
for PS3/360 users:

That's really nice. Probably switching to PS4 anyway.

raven777

The JP site explanation is super confusing

Xbox One version's core fighter edition works differently from PS4

There is difference between core fighter edition and free trial edition

Free trial edition unlocks 4 characters(Kasumi,Ayane,Hayabusa,Hayate)

while core fighter edition unlocks 8 (4 ninjas + Tina,Bass,Hitomi,Jane Lee)

core fighter edition is paid(price not announced) while free trial edition is free.

The difference is that with free trial edition, you cannot purchase characters separately. (you can still play online)

I think it might have to do with the Xbox F2P thing.

The JP site explanation is super confusing

Xbox One version's core fighter edition works differently from PS4

There is difference between core fighter edition and free trial edition

Free trial edition unlocks 4 characters(Kasumi,Ayane,Hayabusa,Hayate)

while core fighter edition unlocks 8 (4 ninjas + Tina,Bass,Hitomi,Jane Lee)

core fighter edition is paid(price not announced) while free trial edition is free.

The difference is that with free trial edition, you cannot purchase characters separately. (you can still play online)

I think it might have to do with the Xbox F2P thing.

This definitely sounds like a workaround for Microsoft's policies on Xbox.

Glad PS4 just stays simple like the CF on PS3.

Eolz

They updated the western website, giving us more details about the F2P versions and other things like all the different versions and upgrades.

For players who already have Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate (PS3®/Xbox 360), a free update is availalbe which will upgrade the game to Dead or Alive 5 Last Round and allow online play with players who have the retail or digital version of Dead or Alive 5 Last Round. Players can also purchase the Last Round Set which contains new characters and costumes.

Looks like PS3 and 360 versions don't get the new stages, hairstyles, or the costume options screen, according to the product info page.

Gameplay vids:

Ayane vs Hitomi - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47rawELOuhw
Brad vs Koko - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VewrkKnhyVA

Gematsu has details on retailer exclusive DLC outfits for North America and Europe.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360 on February 17 in North America and February 20 in Europe.

The PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions will cost $39.99, while the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions will cost $29.99.

In North America, pre-orders at GameStop will include the “Ninja” (for Ayane, Hayabusa, Hayate, and Kasumi), and Aloha (for Ayane, Hitomi, Kasumi, and Mila) costume sets. Pre-orders at Amazon and Best Buy will include the “Showstopper” (for Christie, Helena, Lisa, and Tina) and “Beach Party” (for Kokoro, Leifang, Momiji, and Rachel) sets.

In Europe, pre-orders at GAME will include the “Ninja” (for Ayane, Hayabusa, Hayate, and Kasumi) and “Aloha” (for Ayane, Hitomi, Kasumi, and Mila) costume sets. Pre-orders at ShopTo will include the “Ninja” and “Showstopper” (for Christie, Helena, Lisa, and Tina) sets. And pre-orders at Centresoft and independent retailers will include the “Ninja” and “Beach Party” (for Kokoro, Leifang, Momiji, and Rachel) sets.

PlayStation 4 users will be able to download Dead or Alive 5: Last Round Core Fighters, a free version of the game including fighters Ayane, Hayate, Kasumi, and Ryu Hayabusa, and almost every game mode. The game can be expanded with additional purchases.

Xbox One users will have access to a free trial version of Dead or Alive 5: Last Round, which includes the same features as PlayStation 4’s Core Fighters, but cannot be expanded with additional purchases. Xbox One users who wish to expand their game can purchase Core Fighters for $4.99. This includes the same content as the trial version, but with four additional fighters: Hitomi, Tina, Jann Lee, and Bass.

Regardless of platform, all users can transfer unlocked titles, costumes, and Story Mode progress from the last-gen versions of Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate to both the free and full retail versions of Dead or Alive 5: Last Round. Additional characters, Story Mode, and other features can be accessed for a fee.

Koei Tecmo also revealed that “The Crimson,” a fan-favorite stage from Dead or Alive 2, will return in Last Round. Here’s the official description:

A multi-level stage set in a bustling urban street in Asia, players start out on sprawls of tin rooftops where victory and defeat teeter on a razor thin edge. Combatants are one good punch away from being thrown through the surrounding fence, treated to one of several all-new over-the-top Cliffhanger events, and ultimately smashing through to the lower level, a dimly lit street tinged only with the light of surrounding neon signs.

Screenshots released today show Kokoro, Brad, Leifang, and Tina utilizing the Danger Zones across both levels of The Crimson, while sporting new costumes and customized hairstyles.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2014/10/dead-alive-5-last-round-release-date-announced#evl5CJF3RHcfFCFI.99

Dantis

Jeepers, this game is visually underwhelming.

Like, I'm still looking forward to playing it, but it feels like it's severely lacking in anything new.

edit: beaten

and holy shit at those AA.

544902E04535A80033

Totally a bullshot. If the game has that IQ I'll be really impressed, but I bet you it doesn't.

Jeepers, this game is visually underwhelming.

Like, I'm still looking forward to playing it, but it feels like it's severely lacking in anything new.

I've not been expecting anything much from this since it's a cross-gen port. Just glad to get DOA on current-gen and get more people into the series ASAP.

DOA6 is where you should be hoping to see some much better shit. This up-port is just gonna get some fancy special effects and better AA.

raven777

Really hoping the final game looks much better than this shit. They still have 4 months so hopefully we see improvements. But I kinda doubt it.

Totally a bullshot. If the game has that IQ I'll be really impressed, but I bet you it doesn't.

Yea I meant holy shit as a bad way. I then later added that official screenshot cause I like the costume.

Really horrible graphics so far in the videos.

A few weeks back I remember TN twitter replying to someone saying "Fix the AA!", and TN said something like "This is a very early gameplay demo," sort of suggesting there is still time for them to work on it.

But I dunno, I sorta feel like not much more improvements will be made at this point.

AlStrong

It looks... slightly better? Like I said before, it's hardly noticeable.

I'm guessing it's a new shader for some type of sub-surface scattering, but given the way the game renders lighting, it probably needs a completely redone renderer and set of assets to make the most of it.

The lighting can vary quite a bit between levels, so other situations could show off a bigger difference. Even the wet/sweat shader can sometimes appear different, especially between normal gameplay camera distance and zooming for close-ups.

Anyhoo...

Actual screenshots? With strong AA? Not sure if I believe...

Well, even a downsample from 1920x1080 with no AA to 640x360 (9xSSAA) or 1024x576 (~4xSSAA) will look pretty good, especially with a bicubic sampling filter.

Eolz

Guess I'm preordering at Game...
And yeah, I'm not worried about the lack of AA and some textures right now, since it may be implemented a bit closer to release. More worried about the weird blur between the fighters and the background that is still present.

Dantis

The names of the preorder outfits seems to imply that the bikinis up there are going to be preorder bonuses in the West. Aloha for Kasumi and Ayane seems to fit.

AlStrong

Really hoping the final game looks much better than this shit. They still have 4 months so hopefully we see improvements. But I kinda doubt it.

I suspect that's a video capture issue as the more horizontally angled edges indicate half-res, while the more vertically oriented edges are native 1920.

More worried about the weird blur between the fighters and the background that is still present.

Is that during gameplay? I haven't gotten around to seeing any of the video so far. Probably just the bloom and/or depth-of-field.

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/doa5/lastround/ce.html
Ahahaha the 3D mousepad is one of Marie Rose! Collector Edition also contains a 64pages artbook/making of book, DLC, downloadable OST (and 4 B2 size posters/tapestries on top of that in the 250$ edition).
PS4/X1/PS3.

Will import the regular collector edition if we don't have one as usual.

I think the 25800 yen one has a tapestry, 4 small figures and 8 posters in it, which I guess is where the price difference is coming from

Need pictures

ShinMaruku

title_ce.jpg

cos_04.jpg

I said GAT DAMN!
Day 0. Come to me my pretties!

Top Bottom