• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Is it just me or does it take longer to save replays after games now? Maybe it's just cause I been out of it for a while, but I don't remember having to pick a save slot to save a replay each time after a match. If it's always been like that, guess it's just me being out of it for a while.

Hope replays will save in HD for PS4/XBO LR.

ShinMaruku

They should be. The other tecmo koei products had both preorder bonuses.

When you fill your slits on saves you over write the oldest one. Nothing changed

ShinMaruku

Good games Azuardo. Just be mindful of auto pilot because you will get countered or counter hit and lose half your life.

So I have an idea of the tourney on Halloween we have 2 6 man lobbies on tourney mode, then after that we have the final set on another lobby. Now we just need to finalize who's coming.

Yeahhh. By auto pilot do you mean like mashing same predictable inputs, like PPPPP etc? I do have a problem of when I get desperate I end up doing the basic shit I am programmed into, like that 1PP shit.

I'm in lab trying to practice some combos atm XD

I think the tourney should allow a losers bracket of some kind, though, so that even if you do lose a match, you still have a chance to get back. But yeeah, defo need to finalise who's coming.

ShinMaruku

I have a theory why the last gen versions might not have the 2 stages, the game is RAM capped with the levels it has already so the issue might be they just can't get those stages to run on last gen.

AlStrong

I have a theory why the last gen versions might not have the 2 stages, the game is RAM capped with the levels it has already so the issue might be they just can't get those stages to run on last gen.

I think they just couldn't be bothered. The Last Round "upgrade" looks to be more of a balance/compatibility patch than anything (maybe includes the data for the suits). Possibly there's stuff in it that helps facilitate transfer of DLC purchase history.

As others have noted, there's no upgrade/change in the UI system, and well, these are remakes of stages done on the gen before PS360 afterall. It'd be a rather trivial matter of downgrading the environment textures to fit the RAM if they really are RAM-limited for each of these stages.

ShinMaruku

If the stages have different mechanics maybe that would explain why they would not bother. But they do want people to move on to the current consoles so no sweat off their backs.

There's another bug in the lobby too. If you press Triangle for the menu and then scroll the options with up/down on the d-pad, it will cause the text chat box to scroll up and down too. The only way to stop it is to use the analogue stick when going up/down in the lobby menu.

Definitely still the odd bug and display issues in the game. I wonder how many will be noticed and fixed for LR.

Dantis

I only just realised that Kasumi has pigtails and a low ponytail in the announcement trailer.

So LR has all (except for the preorder ones) the costumes?

On disc, but not available. If I had to guess, I'd expect to see things like the cheerleader outfits being on-disc.

Yeah I really want some proper images of these new hairstyles and stuff.

I'd love for a really long hair option like she had in past games like DOA3 and 4.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So LR has all (except for the preorder ones) the costumes?

What I really want to know is if the outfits Amazon/Gamestop are getting are included in the first week PSN downloads for the PS360 versions. :|

Hubb

What I really want to know is if the outfits Amazon/Gamestop are getting are included in the first week PSN downloads for the PS360 versions. :|

Yeah it would get me to buy the game digitally if they would include all the preorder bonuses with it.

Dantis

Played DOA5U for the first time in a while today. Still looks great, to be honest. I'll be so happy if they get the IQ down on Last Round.

Might start playing Hitomi again. She's a great character.

ShinMaruku

Best thing about Hitomi is she has two ways of being played. The standard string into launcher and wall combo or knock you back and just space people out. She hits like a truck. She could be so much better if she stopped going Osu. Because I have combos I could keep doing into a wall.

m0t0k1

Gutted. She was a free download at one point.

Yep i knew but i did not understand how to download her :/ i was looking on psn to get her but still saw a price to pay. but it turned out i needed to do it via the game that way i got jann lee. I did bought Kokoro and Momiji though :p

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Don't they rotate the free downloads and aren't the free downloads not perma? Just little "try them for a few weeks" things?

m0t0k1

Don't they rotate the free downloads and aren't the free downloads not perma? Just little "try them for a few weeks" things?

Yeah they still do that. But they had celebration free characters like at 1 million downloads you could download hitomi for free and use her as much as you like no week shuffle. Same with 1.5 million you got jann lee for free. Don't remember the exact download figures but it was something along that line.

Top Bottom