• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Well spectators can save replays right? I don't really remember but if they can I could try to save and upload the matches myself if you can't get it to work.

My opponents will just have to remember to save each match.

Right, I will keep a list of the people playing in the tourney on Friday. I would make one of those Google spreadsheet things, but cba.

If I miss you or you want to play, post in here. If I've missed some people, it's probably because I'm not fully sure if you said you are playing or not. And if I added you and you aren't playing, let me know and I'll cross you off.

Playing in the tourney:

Azuardo
ShinMaruku
Via Purifico
Mesharey
Dantis
Vade
ClutchAnderson
omlet
Kumubou
Rhazer Fusion

Well I can probably stay up till about 3am GMT, so I guess anywhere from 9pm to 3am GMT is preferred.

If there's a certain time people can't begin till, please say.

We really are spanning very different time zones if you're GMT+3, Mesh lol. If people can do/want to do earlier than 9pm GMT, I'll see if I can manage that.

ShinMaruku

14 people nice nice. We can do this whole thing in 3 lobbies then. First will be pools then we have winners and losers then grand finals. Very doable. We could be done before 2 hours which would be great.

Later on maybe today or tommrow gonna run a test run to find out how much rounds should we set it to. Life will be normal as always. :)

Just need people to 100% confirm, but around about 14 is good.

I could do with another lobby or two with you Shin, if you get a chance before Friday lol.

AAK

I'm sorry guys but I won't be home until around 9:30 PM EST this Friday, hope it'll be soon enough for joining.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I should be able to be online in the 22:00 (Friday) to 06:00 (Saturday) GMT time frame.

Hmm...that's around 10:00 PM EST, right? I might be able to do that! But I don't think I'd be able to stay awake past 12:30-1:00 at the latest...

omlet

Hmm...that's around 10:00 PM EST, right? I might be able to do that! But I don't think I'd be able to stay awake past 12:30-1:00 at the latest...

Well 22:00 GMT is actually 10 PM GMT which is 6 PM EST, so 10 PM EST is 2 AM GMT, so yes 10 PM EST is in that time frame :p

Err yeah, I'm not staying up till 6am GMT, lads lol. 3am is about my max.

And obviously Mesh is GMT+3, so I think the earlier we can do it, the better.

If people are gonna struggle for Friday, is Saturday gonna be better for some people? I'm good for either night, but if some people are busy on Friday then I don't mind Saturday night (or would probs be Sat afternoon/evening for the US people).

If Sat is more preferred, we can still just do a lobby for fun with whoever's around on Fri night. But let's see what's best for most people first.

Hubb

If I miss you or you want to play, post in here. If I've missed some people, it's probably because I'm not fully sure if you said you are playing or not. And if I added you and you aren't playing, let me know and I'll cross you off.

Well this is awkward. I'm not going to be able to play (don't remember signing up). Weekdays are pretty terrible for me in general until it gets closer to the Holiday season. Weekends are really the only open time.

Sometimes I get lucky enough to mess around while I am working, but those times are rare and I can't really focus on gaming.

Well this is awkward. I'm not going to be able to play (don't remember signing up). Weekdays are pretty terrible for me in general until it gets closer to the Holiday season. Weekends are really the only open time.

Sometimes I get lucky enough to mess around while I am working, but those times are rare and I can't really focus on gaming.

So is Saturday a possibility for you?

If Sat is better for most ppl, maybe we'll do it then.

If some people miss out on this one, we can always do another one for a month or two down the line, like near Xmas.

Mesharey

Anything on Friday from 8 PM GMT to 1 AM GMT is good for me. :3
I can play even earlier than 8 PM GMT.

Need to play the game though, didn't play it for a long time. XD

Kumubou

I think this ends up being really awkward as there seems to be a rough split between European and American players.

Personally, I'm fine with Friday night but it if gets moved to Saturday I probably won't be able to play since I'll be at a local tournament later on. My one concern is that Friday is Halloween, and while I'm sad and not doing anything, I'll probably have a bunch of kids mashing on the doorbell all night.

I'm thinking the start time should be about 10pm or 11pm GMT. If it's gonna take a couple of hours and you gotta leave at 1am, we can't really start it AT 1am.

10pm GMT = 6pm ET = 3pm PT

UK clocks went back an hour last week, so we're only four hours ahead of ET atm, instead of the normal five.

If anyone wants some games now, let me know. I'm on PS4 but I can come on any time.

ShinMaruku

I have never done challonge.

Ok if everybody can confirm for friday at around 10 pm est we can get this started.
Just post and let me know as for those who can't make it we can still run a smaller lobby under tourney rules. That way we can get most people if they are willing. Either way we gonna start up weekend lobbies regardless so if you miss you can always come for a fri/sat lobby.

Yeah true, we do always have lobbies at the weekend if people want, so always good to do that anyway.

And we can always try organise a couple more tournies before the end of the year. Maybe one end of November and one before Christmas.

But might as well run with this Friday since we've tried to go with that for the last couple of weeks, and if people are on Sat for some lobby seshing, cool.

Shin, you on for some games now?

Kumubou

10 PM GMT (which is 3 PM local time for me) is cutting it close for me, but I'm usually home from work by then. If I get stuck at work late that day, don't worry about me... someone just needs to pick Marie Rose against Skilletor for me. :p

omlet

Getting bullied by the AI for some practice. Feels bad mang.

On that note, I really can't figure out wtf to do against Ayane. She spins so much I can't figure out how to ever get a counter in even if I block her attacks and many of her openers have too much sweep to sidestep around. What's a slower character to do? I have a similar problem facing Pai with her endless H/M/L attack strings, but it's definitely worse against Ayane.

ShinMaruku

Ayane is unsafe. When she spins you have a window to hit her. Many a time I have been hit when I spin.
Pai is a tricky one sometimes you have to make her whiff or you wait your turn to punish if she has the drop on you.

haha man I can't play ANY other character than Kassie for shit - Shin is my witness. I really should pick someone to be a back-up fighter lol. Maybe Disco Girl.

ShinMaruku

How I expand how I learn other characters is time to time jump into tag, that's where you have to force yourself to learn others. You can find a way to bring in somebody you don't know into a combo so you can learn them. It's how my Momiji and Misty got to where they are. My Hitomi especially.

I'm normally off on weekends, but Friday after 11pm or 12am Eastern is probably the best for me since I will be off work then. I better start practicing. It's been awhile.

I don't see how we can do it that late unfortunately. 11pm ET is 3am UK time, and Mesh is 3 hours ahead of that.

I think it's either gonna have to be 10 or 11pm UK time start on Friday, which is 6/7pm ET, or we end up doing Saturday night for the tourney instead at roughly the same time.

If Sat is better for most ppl, we can do then, but just have a lobby with whoever's on on Fri. Or vice versa - tourney Fri, lobby Sat.

But for UK/EU/etc ppl, we're having to cut it fine by staying up late, and I can't really see how starting much later than 10/11pm UK is gonna work for us.

m0t0k1

I am sorry Azuardo I'll be gone for the whole coming weekend so you can take me off that list. Hope you guys still have a fun tournament.

Aww.

I think maybe I could hold out for an 11pm start (7pm ET), if that's okay for some US people. Depends on Mesh too, since he's GMT+3, and would be 2am for him.

This is the list now, from what I can gather. If you are in or out, lemme know.

Azuardo
ShinMaruku
Via Purifico
Mesharey
Dantis
Vade
ClutchAnderson
omlet
Kumubou
Rhazer Fusion

ShinMaruku

10 people? That is manageable.
So first a 10 man tourney lobby, then we have a 5 man winners and a 5 man loser bracket then second place in winner plays the winner of loser than grand finals. 5 Lobbies in all. Very workable. Probably should take 45 to 80 mins if we are all on point. :)

I'm still in for some matches. I can try and save everything since I have no upload problems.
I will download the videos from YT and send them to you Azuardo so you can upload them to your channel.

I'm still in for some matches. I can try and save everything since I have no upload problems.
I will download the videos from YT and send them to you Azuardo so you can upload them to your channel.

You are a good person. Thanks.

I'll give my uploading some more tests, but looks like it's fucked.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Finally got around to picking up the 3 DLC characters today. Is it just me or did we get another Halloween stage this year? :)

Top Bottom