• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Loona

I wish Mila's version had pants and a properly worn shirt, instead of just recycling something Tina's wearing (again).

Niitris

If only there was something to get all the preorder outfits/swimsuits without having to import.

The completionist in me would like to have it all in one go. The perv in me doesn't like that everything's split up.

Eolz

There's also pics of a long-awaited
school swimsuit for Marie, as well as the new private paradise videos
building DOAX3 anticipation for those newcomers to the series

edit: but seriously, hate that new Raidou look. Rest of the game looks better than before.

raven777

My local gameshow will have PS4 version of DOA5LR demo available. Excited to try out and see how the PS4 version looks. All the screenshots and videos so far have been disappointing in terms of visual upgrade...hopefully it looks better when I try it out.

Eolz

My local gameshow will have PS4 version of DOA5LR demo available. Excited to try out and see how the PS4 version looks. All the screenshots and videos so far have been disappointing in terms of visual upgrade...hopefully it looks better when I try it out.

Hoping for you it isn't the same old build they used until now.

Bullshots.

Eh, KT is used to do bullshots, and there's surely a bit of that, but they haven't shown a recent build in quite some time, and they said they still had some work to fix some stuff. I prefer to be optimistic on this one, even if I don't expect it to be really awesome/as good looking.
Just an improvement over older bullshots if you prefer.

I just remembered we cant post magazine scans here. Oh well.
Im glad Radou is back and the cybernetic angle is pretty cool too. I do wish TN kept his hair though.

iXy3PwLtyWVMy.gif

I think his pony tail was a significant part of his design.

ShinMaruku

Given the connection to Ninja Gaiden Raidou is appropriate. He's the driving force behind the main storyline. We'd have no Misty clones.

Given that tengu became nyotengu , i was half expecting raidou to come back .
For now i'll be ok she still male and i welcome the cybernetic bypass to make him come back.

Skilletor

His fighting style is Tenjin Mon so it would make sense that he'd sare some of his nephew's moves. Funnily enough his daughter's style is the most different.

He's got some of gen-fu's moves as well. He was originally a dural type of character. He hasn't shed that origin. It's disappointing they didn't make him more unique.

All of the Ninjas in the family are tenjin mon, and they don't share any moves. But it's cool. Just hope the female is entirely new.

Eolz

(I personally can't wait for that Ayane costume)
Still think the game looks better on recent videos than before (not by much mind you).
When do you think the female character will be unveiled btw? Late december-early january?

ShinMaruku

Raidou's whole stich is if he sees a move he can learn it but his basis of style is Tenjin Mon while Ayane is Hajin Mon.
I just love how these outfits give up the pretence that Ayane and Misty are not princesses :p

(I personally can't wait for that Ayane costume)

Same. That Ayane costume is the best new one so far. Team Ninja really made it look good.

I also wonder if this move is some kind of just frame attack? Im sure I saw the same attack in another video, but WITHOUT the red lightning. It would be awesome if Raidou had a jf.

iboAsdIkBEMtwY.gif

I started playing DOAD again last week to refill on the story. Was trying to find a scene in DOA1 where Kas kills Raidou, and realised the series' full story is all in DOAD. Pretty good.

I was also trying to find out when and who kidnaps Kasumi, and it's pretty dumb how it happens.

Kas kills Raidou. Explosion. Ryu plops down. "Kasumi's been kidnapped." What? When? Who by? You were just there throwing a dagger into Raidou's arm. Why didn't you save her ffs.

Could have made that kidnapping a lot better.

ShinMaruku

They changed it so that Hayabusa came in with the assist? lol

Tommy always assists, he assists in DOA3 too. Genra overcomes the princess then Tommy swoops in and is like "Ayane you cannot lose" and bam she kills the fucker. It's gonna be like that in Last Round too. Tommy will assist and Ayane will stab her daddy.

Top Bottom