• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

I know plenty of hot 30+ women. In my opinion, Christie easily passes for 30+. Defo want to see more of them and was hoping for one over a new loli.

ShinMaruku

Might not be on DOA since microsoft does not do that. That's part of the reason why Sony got the exclusive. (As well as having 70% of the current gen market)

Hubb

yes

Also, cross-play for SFV. I hope this sets a new standard for future fighters on PC and console. Wonder if DOA6 would do it.

It would be awesome. I'm all for PS4 -> PC cross over where ever it is possible. Any game that doesn't have a huge community would benefit from it, no idea how much work goes into doing it though.

Might not be on DOA since microsoft does not do that. That's part of the reason why Sony got the exclusive. (As well as having 70% of the current gen market)

Yeah, this is actually how I understood it with all games too.

If a version is on Xbox, then cross-play between the PS-PC versions is not possible/implemented.

The only way to have PS-PC cross-play is to not make an Xbox version.

I don't know why the existence of an XB version should have any effect, but that does seem to be the case in the past. And does make sense in the SFV situation. Somehow, MS' policy must stop the existence of cross-play on PS-PC.

It's pretty big of Capcom to just not make an XB version. DOA has gone XB exclusive before, so who knows whether others would do what Capcom is doing. I guess Koei will see how DOA5LR does on XB to see if it's worth following Capcom.

Capcom has a big challenge getting that netplay down, though. But it's great to bridge the gap between communities.

Hubb

Yeah, this is actually how I understood it with all games too.

If a version is on Xbox, then cross-play between the PS-PC versions is not possible/implemented.

The only way to have PS-PC cross-play is to not make an Xbox version.

I don't know why the existence of an XB version should have any effect, but that does seem to be the case in the past. And does make sense in the SFV situation. Somehow, MS' policy must stop the existence of cross-play on PS-PC.

It's pretty big of Capcom to just not make an XB version. DOA has gone XB exclusive before, so who knows whether others would do what Capcom is doing. I guess Koei will see how DOA5LR does on XB to see if it's worth following Capcom.

Capcom has a big challenge getting that netplay down, though. But it's great to bridge the gap between communities.

This isn't totally true. Portal 2 has cross play and still has a 360 version. 360 just isn't part of the cross play.

Sony is assisting in the production of SF5 which is why it is staying on PS4 only (least the first edition)

AAK

Common people, help me in bombarding Tecmo's twitter to get PS4-PC cross-play for DOA5. There's no reason to lose on what could be the greatest feature for fighting games.

Of coarse it won't matter if the netcode is unchanged but it just takes 5 min let's go!

Lads! Marie Rose is in Tekken 7 loool

B4OlDgXCAAAcPKc.jpg:large

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O0UphHT6uE

Ultimadrago

I am looking forward and not looking forward to seeing how all the costume DLC will be handled on Steam.

Hope there will be deep discounts on them at some point because I'll be double-dipping costumes now that I'm playing Last Round on PC.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
DOA5 might give me a troll character and Tekken confirms a troll character for me. 2015 looks nice over here.

11 page thread already jesus lol

I mean, I was pretty annoyed at Marie in DOA5 to begin with - didn't feel she fit the roster and style of DOA in the slightest - but I think we all got over it pretty quickly.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Lol they can simply not use her but making this drama over the character is funny and gives me reasons to main her.

omlet

I mean, I was pretty annoyed at Marie in DOA5 to begin with - didn't feel she fit the roster and style of DOA in the slightest - but I think we all got over it pretty quickly.

Well, I only got DOA5 in the first place because of Marie. :D (Though after doing so and finding it so similar to VF, I kind of wish I had given DOA a chance sooner.)

Tekken was the first fighting game series I played but I don't play it any more so I don't really feel like I have any stake in the series.

With that for context, I still stand by my post from last night, lol. Her being added to the game doesn't bother me at all but I don't really like her.

More power to you guys who want to play her to troll with, though... I'd consider it if I were still into Tekken.

Skilletor

What's funnier to me is that the new character isn't as bad as marie rose. Her body is more developed, she's not wearing miniskirts and bathing suits in Tekken. She's obviously much older than Marie Rose.

I think she looks stupid, and her animations don't match the game because Tekken refuses to reanimate the characters, so that everybody new animates and looks much different in motion than older characters.

Top Bottom