• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

raven777

5480297F3B680C0036

Based on the new vid and pictures, I do like...

1. Swimsuit designs. Nice and skimpy. Interesting designs. I will surely buy 90% of these. Especially like Christie (inspired by costume contest design?) and Lisa... of course :)
2. Hayabusa looking hilariously over-equipped. Pretty sure I'll eventually buy this costume too.
3. Random details like Helenas new hairstyle (gorgeous), Lisas jewelry, Tinas hat and gun, Nyo's ice cream and Hayabusas scary boots :O
4. The Steam icon. Can this really be happening?

Dont like...

1. Lack of footwear on swimsuit outfits. Super long lower legs look crap. I cant understand how the devs can find this kind of deformity acceptable :mad:
2. The prospect of the new character being a kid. The red hair makes me think it will be Kasumis "little sister" clone or something. I was hoping for Rio. Oh well.
3. Rachels tattoo. Yuck.

Overall, Im really looking forward to LR. I havent got a next/current gen console yet and now with this game coming out on PC, I dont think Im going to.

Eolz

Love all the preorder costumes and the pc release silent confirmation for now.
The ninja pack is based on the vampire war isn't it? Will probably main Ryu's new costume.

Not sure what to think of this new character yet. Seems like a rival to Marie Rose in a sense, but doubt she's like her apart from some clothes/character traits.

Loona

The first thing that came to mind at the glimpse of the new girl was Jenet from Garou, but that's too unlikely, of course, and she unfortunately sounds too young - might be a good fit for the Haunted Lorelei stage, at least, and I hope her style manages to be interesting without being overly complex or execution-heavy...

I take it Hayabusa's new outfit is referencing as many weapons as possible from the latest Ninja Gaiden games?

I might ending buying this 3rd version of the game if it's on Steam, but I wonder how the price will turn out, considering the DLC appears to be a major part of the business model...

m0t0k1

I was wondering is the PC version going to get all the stuff the new gen has? Think i am holding off to see where the player base is going to be. PS3 or PC and then decide which version to buy. One thing i always notice on PC is that fighting game communities tend to die out faster then on PS. And i am not really a fan of steam so try to avoid it as much as possible.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
In the new trailer, what does it say in the corner? Is it something like Soft Engine ON?

Great to have this confirmed for Steam.

still can't believe this is actually getting a pc release. or do they secretly want to see the modders go crazy?

seriously, what are they thinking?

m0t0k1

I think you can be absolutely certain it will have everything new gen gets. No way would PC version be on the PS3/360 level.

Yeah it is kinda what i am expecting, but was hoping for some kind of confirmation. I'll just play the waiting game for now :p

Griss

Wow, are they really going to do another 'loli' character? You've got to be kidding me, I'm amazed they got away with Marie Rose. What that tells me is that someone at TN looked at the revenue all the new characters were bringing in and said 'Whatever we did with Marie Rose, do it again.' Her prominence in the advertising material for LR tells me the same thing.

Also, it looks like she has Kasumi's old hair colour. I wish they hadn't darkened it so much on Kasumi.

Thing is, that while they might get by with questionable looking girls on console, the second there's a nude mode for Marie or this girl there really could be a massive shitstorm, and I can't say it would be entirely undeserved. I mean, that new swimsuit for Marie Rose... get the fuck out of here with that. That's gross.

Eolz

still can't believe this is actually getting a pc release. or do they secretly want to see the modders go crazy?

seriously, what are they thinking?

They want to expand their audience and DW8 PC was probably considered as a success internally (heard it was a test to see if there was an audience for their games on PC).

Edit:
Do we know if the preorder costumes are exclusive to preorders or will they be available separately at a later date?

Just like before, they'll be available later on, probably 3 months later as usual with Tecmo.

ShinMaruku

Only on certain pcs. There will be an optomization mess and people will say "Lazy dev" Mind you, they are aiming for a massive range of hardware which makes it very difficult to achieve.

The logo kinda looks like something out of Skullgirls.

Yeah, I'm trying to think why it looks so familiar.

I could only match it up to Ein's Halloween hat, but there are minor differences, like the star-shaped eye, and probably has no significance at all. Or it could, you know, be Ein's little pirate sister...in turn making it Kasumi's little pirate sister. Well, there ya go. Kasumi sisters confirmed.

800px-DOA5U_Ein_Halloween_2014.jpg

Eolz

I don't know why, but with the Senran Kagura collaboration, I can see this character being a bit like the ones in this IP: young/anime style, but with a lot of life.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I don't know why, but with the Senran Kagura collaboration, I can see this character being a bit like the ones in this IP: young/anime style, but with a lot of life.

This is actually the first thing that came to mind. Is the new girl's voice actress possibly a SK voice actress? She sounds familiar.

Skilletor

Going to be sad if this is a senran character.

Worried about the future direction of characters if they keep adding these types. Harder to get excited about the update now.

Vade

Kumubou, I know you use a stick. Do you know if there are Quality sticks that are both PC and PS3/Xbox compatible or even PC and next Gen compatible?

Skilletor

Kumubou, I know you use a stick. Do you know if there are Quality sticks that are both PC and PS3/Xbox compatible or even PC and next Gen compatible?

PC/PS4 you can buy a RAP4 or TE2.

PS360 You can buy something like a Qanba, or mod an stick with a ps360+ board.

Not many things out of the box that are ps360 compatible (for obvious reasons).

Top Bottom