• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Loona

I forgot to ask - the the DLC characters ever get character-specific tag team attacks with anyone?
I also wonder if Raidou and the new girl will... doesn't sound like a lot of people in the game would be in good enough terms with Ayane's dad for that, but who knows... Lisa? Christie?
Rig?

gelf

Lol they can simply not use her but making this drama over the character is funny and gives me reasons to main her.

That doesn't solve everything. I dislike having to fight against Marie since I don't like having to beat up a little girl. It would probably be easier for me to accept playing as her then against.

Eolz

I forgot to ask - the the DLC characters ever get character-specific tag team attacks with anyone?
I also wonder if Raidou and the new girl will... doesn't sound like a lot of people in the game would be in good enough terms with Ayane's dad for that, but who knows... Lisa? Christie?
Rig?

In Ultimate no (apart from Marie calling Helena differently), but new tag team entrances/endings/interactions/moves were teased in previous Last Round trailers (like Marie and Eliott or Ayane and Nyotengu).

In Ultimate no (apart from Marie calling Helena differently), but new tag team entrances/endings/interactions/moves were teased in previous Last Round trailers (like Marie and Eliott or Ayane and Nyotengu).

What does Marie say to Helena? And why..?

omlet

Whaaaat. This is news to me.

I can't remember where I read that... I checked the wiki to see if it clarified and all it says is this:
Marie seems to be respectful to Helena, referring to her as "my lady" in their tag team alliance when Marie calls her. In Dead or Alive 5: Last Round, their friendly relationship is made quite clear, as they are both seen giving a curtsy to their opponents in their tag introduction.

raven777

Christmas costumes

5486845834641F0032

009.jpg

Squire

Banned
....................................................................................................................................................

Whatever. Let's just get to January so se can see the new character.

Eolz

Sweet Jesus at those christmas costumes.
I know some people love it but I don't think lewd costumes like this fit Momiji. Nyotengu obviously wears it better.
Lol at Ein.

I thought I'd like the ribbon outfits, but after seeing the video, I think they kinda suck.
The girls are covered in so much ribbon, I wouldnt even classify these outfits as skimpy (by DoA standards). No bare ass or anything. Im not buying this stuff.
I will concede that Helena looks great in red though.

omlet

Marie calls Helena lady because Helena is nobility and Marie knows the old European forms of address. :)

Is that all there is to it? I mean, what I read could have easily just been some speculation and not anything official. Maybe they'll add some story mode to explain in more detail later.

Also, can't say I'm a fan of those new Christmas costumes. I already have Marie's other one, won't be getting this one.

Eolz

Is that all there is to it? I mean, what I read could have easily just been some speculation and not anything official. Maybe they'll add some story mode to explain in more detail later.

Marie Rose is canonically Helena's maid.
TN already said they won't add new story details before DOA6
(or DOAX3 lol)
, but I'm pretty sure we'll see her come back, and maybe get some details on why she's a systema user while being a maid for Helena.
Same for Nyotengu that came to the game, supposedly for a mix of being bored and wanting to fight the one (Ryu) who killed Bankotsubo.

You can get more details on the official website.

Bedecked in a maid uniform and shrouded in mystery. Despite her sweet and childlike appearance, Marie Rose is a formidable fighter in the Russian martial art of Systema. Who is she really, and what other secrets are hiding behind that devilish smile?

Deep in the mountains of Japan, legends of a mysterious and beautiful female Tengu have been passed down from ages old. She is said to have descended into the human world out of simple boredom, but what could her true motives be...?

Dantis

I thought I'd like the ribbon outfits, but after seeing the video, I think they kinda suck.
The girls are covered in so much ribbon, I wouldnt even classify these outfits as skimpy (by DoA standards). No bare ass or anything. Im not buying this stuff.

You are the worst.

ShinMaruku

I will concede that Helena looks great in red though.

I'd be behind you but only Kstoute's wife has an ass.

Hubb

DoA on PC just passed the 2nd reward tier. Guess enough people aren't put off by the "no online" for however long they decide. No idea how much they low-balled the PC preorder numbers. Here's to hoping they hit the 3rd as well.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
DoA on PC just passed the 2nd reward tier. Guess enough people aren't put off by the "no online" for however long they decide. No idea how much they low-balled the PC preorder numbers. Here's to hoping they hit the 3rd as well.

I preordered and made my fan work of spreading the word of the PC version. Some friends jumped in and some dont mind about the online as we mostly play local.

ShinMaruku

Black and gold however make them different enough to some people. And as for me kinda reminds me of this
flag-640x425.jpg

So it's special to me. :E

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
All costumes should be a dollar >_>

Actually they should make tons of outfits and recolors of outfits and sell them for 50 cents. Money flying towards them and no one would complain about recolors considering how dirty cheap it would be.

Squire

Banned
They're just recolor costumes.

I didn't think they could get any lazier, but here we are.

I really like Christies though, I admit.

These are included on the disc for LR, btw. You can see Helena and Nyo fighting each other in these costumes in the US version of the trailer.

Those recolors are pretty terrible overall. The Rachel one looks the worst. Very amateurish.
Christies black costume is the exception and looks pretty good though.

Top Bottom