• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Ninja Dom

Trailer is really bad quality even if you set the YouTube playback to 720p or 1080p. It's a shame that they aren't putting 60fps trailers up.

I'm liking the new costumes though. The new Sexy Girls costumes and Ninja 2015 costumes are great!!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
"Additional Notes: Online modes for Dead or Alive 5 Last Round will be added in a patch within 3 months of release."

Well, that's some money saved.

Or maybe it means they are actually working on the netcode rather than half assing it like the original DOA?

Also Im paying 15 only for the game so no big deal.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Or maybe it means they are actually working on the netcode rather than half assing it like the original DOA?

Also Im paying 15 only for the game so no big deal.

That's cool. I'll wait and see how it turns out before buying. Will get my DOA fix with the PS4 version anyway.

Vade

PC/PS4 you can buy a RAP4 or TE2.

PS360 You can buy something like a Qanba, or mod an stick with a ps360+ board.

Not many things out of the box that are ps360 compatible (for obvious reasons).

Thanks, have a basis to start looking now. Assuming sega puts about that new VF5 update I will be ready to dive in.

Squire

Banned
Wow, are they really going to do another 'loli' character? You've got to be kidding me, I'm amazed they got away with Marie Rose. What that tells me is that someone at TN looked at the revenue all the new characters were bringing in and said 'Whatever we did with Marie Rose, do it again.' Her prominence in the advertising material for LR tells me the same thing.

Also, it looks like she has Kasumi's old hair colour. I wish they hadn't darkened it so much on Kasumi.

Thing is, that while they might get by with questionable looking girls on console, the second there's a nude mode for Marie or this girl there really could be a massive shitstorm, and I can't say it would be entirely undeserved. I mean, that new swimsuit for Marie Rose... get the fuck out of here with that. That's gross.

Agreed.

ShinMaruku

B4Bkz75CMAADmAE.jpg

Misty mmmmm

histopher

I cant believe its another kid. I really thought we were getting an older curvier woman. I guess i can just replace marie and the new loli with more kasumi clones on PC.

Kumubou

It's anecdotal evidence, but when I was in Japan a while back (a couple of months after DoA5U:Arcade launched), I swear about half of the playerbase there I saw in arcades was playing Marie Rose (and about half of my games played were against her, as well). She was the new character and all, but that's absurd. So the new female character supposedly pandering to that otaku market is hardly a surprise. Watch as DoA6 starts looking like Arcana Heart. D:

I don't think the PC version being based on the PS4/XBone versions is a stone cold lock. This is the same company that ported the PS3 version of Dynasty Warriors 8 to PC instead of the PS4 version.... That and the online mode not being on PC at launch is wack, but hopefully it means they're completely rewriting it and coming up with something better than the trash in DoA5U. That would also explain why Core Fighters wasn't announced for PC (yet?).

PC/PS4 you can buy a RAP4 or TE2.

PS360 You can buy something like a Qanba, or mod an stick with a ps360+ board.

Not many things out of the box that are ps360 compatible (for obvious reasons).
One thing worth noting is that the new PS4 sticks (the RAP4 and TE2) also work natively on PS3s (there's a switch on the stick for PS3 or PS4 mode), so it's not too bad if you're buying a new stick.

People should start bugging Koei-Tecmo about LabZero's USB HID drivers for the PS4, though. :<

Vade

One thing worth noting is that the new PS4 sticks (the RAP4 and TE2) also work natively on PS3s (there's a switch on the stick for PS3 or PS4 mode), so it's not too bad if you're buying a new stick.

People should start bugging Koei-Tecmo about LabZero's USB HID drivers for the PS4, though. :<

Skilletor and Kumubou is getting one of these sticks all about timing? Amazon and their own site (RAP4) are sold out. Also do you need to buy replacement buttons/sticks right away or can you pick those up when needed?

Sorry for all the questions about this in the doa thread not trying not to cluttered it up ; not sure if there is a better place for this discussion.

Kumubou

Skilletor and Kumubou is getting one of these sticks all about timing? Amazon and their own site (RAP4) are sold out. Also do you need to buy replacement buttons/sticks right away or can you pick those up when needed?

Sorry for all the questions about this in the doa thread not trying not to cluttered it up ; not sure if there is a better place for this discussion.
Yeah it's partially about timing; they were announced a while back and there's some demand especially with Xrd coming out now and with more games coming in 2015. It's a temporary issue though, as I expect both Hori and Madcatz to make more. I wouldn't expect any deals on them until late next year at the earliest, though.

Madcatz stock parts on their TEs are all Sanwa parts and are perfectly functional -- you may not need to swap those out for a long time. (Generally, any arcade stick that comes with Sanwa parts stock is probably "good enough" for most people). Hori went back in-house with their RAP4 and they claim their new stick (Hayabusa) and buttons (Kuro) are arcade-spec. I've never tried either, but from what I've heard the sticks are legit but the buttons can be a bit sketchy with squeaking and sticking issues. If you don't run into those, you should be OK (some people don't like how they feel, though) -- and in the worst case, they're easy enough to replace.

If you have a bunch of questions, check out the NeoGAF Arcade Stick thread. MarkMan may work for Madcatz, but his love for the hardware is 100% legitimate.

Dantis

If the new character is as young looking as her sillhouette...

Well, it might be enough for me to give the game a miss.

Squire

Banned
I cant believe its another kid. I really thought we were getting an older curvier woman. I guess i can just replace marie and the new loli with more kasumi clones on PC.

I really thought Mila and Nyotengu were setting the expectation for the new girl.

How wrong I was. And Marie is popular? JFC, DOAs rep is deservedly bad enough as is.

Loona

would be nice to have a 40y old. soft skin engine with a few wrinkles pls. i'd love to see the reactions :D

30's would be a step forward considering recent directions...

Of course, the best possible troll would be a guest Goketsuji elder twin from the Power Instinct games - then again, those do have younger transformations in most of the games...

The Steam page has this reward thing where the more people preorder the more outfits are unlocked, which is interesting - I'm fine with the first set of outfits, but not really with the rest - kinda divided, since there's no way to stop other people from preordering once the decent ninja outfits are unlocked, to help ease the bikini outfit reputation...

Hubb

30is would be a step forward considering recent directions...

Of course, the best possible troll would be a guest Goketsuji elder twin from the Power Instinct games - then again, those do have younger transformations in most of the games...

The Steam page has this reward thing where the more people preorder the more outfits are unlocked, which is interesting - I'm fine with the first set of outfits, but not really with the rest - kinda divided, since there's no way to stop other people from preordering once the decent ninja outfits are unlocked, to help ease the bikini outfit reputation...

Eh I responded to you in the other thread, but you are joking right? You just want to get far enough for what you want, and then you want the ability to stop people from getting what they want.

If the other costumes unlock just ignore them.

Squire

Banned
Looking at the silhouette in the trailer, she seems to be moderate height.

Taking that and Hayashi's comment into account, she probably just has a whiny voice.

that's good to know. still, you can't really trust them anymore. i remember how they said that they would never sell extra fighters because competitiveness etc.

yea, right.

Well, Hayashi said the new female character has the biggest breast size in the cast so she might be different kind of loli.

That would be way worse. At least MR's default costume is modest. If this new character, who sounds 8, has massive bouncing tits, I probably won't buy it. :/

At least until there's a mod that removes them both.

Edit: Also, I'd love a new elderly female! Give me Obaba from Ninja Gaiden, the skimpier bikinis the better.

What I wonder is...

... did the team develop the models with nipples and vaginas in mind? I remember either in FFX or FFX-2 the female models were naked with nipples and such.

TN said the new girl is the "biggest" amongst all of the characters so far, without actually mentioning breasts. It's most likely breasts, but still... she could have massive ears or something.

Loona

TN said the new girl is the "biggest" amongst all of the characters so far, without actually mentioning breasts. It's most likely breasts, but still... she could have massive ears or something.

They shows a hands and part of the head - no silhouette... it would be kind of fascinating if DoA, of all series, introduced a female version of SF4's Rufus, with a mostly jiggly belly... that might actually justify some skin-processing tech they've mentioned the character uses...
I do wonder if that would play well with every other character's throws though...

Yea, in her bio page.

She's gonna get samebodied like everyone else.

&#8220;I have started to find how/what I can do for my daughter/DOA. Straightly speakin&#8217;, my daughter was totally ruined, spoiled. I can&#8217;t/shouldn&#8217;t avert my eyes from that fact. Many DOA fans here are crying, I will do something for DOA after I finished Devil&#8217;s Third.&#8221;

I will do something for DOA after Devil's Third? What's that about?

Top Bottom