• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Skilletor

Just saw on FB that DoA is unlocking 10 characters for free. Does that mean that they're permanent like you paid for them?

That's crazy if so. People that just want to try DoA out on PS4 would essentially have 15 characters.

https://www.facebook.com/deadoraliv...587866.20252.126851554085605/625788250858597/

As our way of saying "Thank You" for another amazing year, we're unlocking 10 characters in DOA5U for free from 12/24 to 1/4! May the bells of good fortune ring for you in 2015! Please try out some characters that you've never played with before. Team Ninja ‪#‎DOA5U‬

I'm pretty sure it's not permanent. They've had characters unlock for a few days during holidays before, but they're just temporary unlocks, just like the usual rotation of free characters...but just more at once than usual.

Something I noticed on the PS Store. The Tropical Sexy costumes from back in February were relisted on PSN back in October, apparently. The system says I don't own them despite my having them from the original release. Anyone else seeing this problem?

histopher

Preordered on Steam and I rarely preorder anything. Really anxious to see the new character. Seemed like the wait between Raidous teaser and his reveal was a lot less.

Dantis

By my count, that's about 180 DLC costumes. How many were in the original game? We should be able to work out how many new ones there are based on that.

EDIT: Apparently there were 114 in DOA5. So 294 old ones in DOA5 LR?

Surely there's not over 100 new ones?

ShinMaruku

There is people that say DOA4 is better fighter than 5. Let me giggle.

tumblr_nbycj5GYD81tj6fuvo9_500.jpg

Is my reaction to that thought.

There is people that say DOA4 is better fighter than 5. Let me giggle.

I really liked DOA4 back in the day and I love DOA5 also, but the only thing DOA4 has has over DOA5 is better looking backgrounds, textures and image quality. Besides that, DOA5 is definitely the better game. All of a sudden, DOA5 is featured at tournaments and taken more serious. Doesn't that say something?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I really liked DOA4 back in the day and I love DOA5 also, but the only thing DOA4 has has over DOA5 is better looking backgrounds, textures and image quality. Besides that, DOA5 is definitely the better game. All of a sudden, DOA5 is featured at tournaments and taken more serious. Doesn't that say something?

Exactly and what I find funny is that people who usually trash DOA5 cant say why the game is inferior to 4 in the gameplay department. The hilarious response once was that DOA4 being faster automatically made it the better than DOA5. DOA5 has proved a lot in the gameplay department and its more competitive than previous games and while its not perfect yet it is damn good at where its at right now.

Eolz

Thumbs down for Christie's new costume, but thumbs up for her new haircut.
I like Sarah's new outfit as well, despite the lack of helmet.

Squire

Banned
Real talk: The best stuff has come from the costume contests. It's not even like it's all shitty g-strings, like most would expect. The community is soooooo much better at this than TN.

Vazra

Are those costumes included in the PS3 upgrade?

I dont think so. I believe the upgrade will be just balance patch and you gotta buy the 2 new characters. I think they said the last DLC for the game was the Xmas DLC unless that was only referring to Ultimate and not Last Round.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
I dont think so. I believe the upgrade will be just balance patch and you gotta buy the 2 new characters. I think they said the last DLC for the game was the Xmas DLC unless that was only referring to Ultimate and not Last Round.

I see. Do we know if they are included with the PS4 version then? Or will they be DLC.

Vazra

I see. Do we know if they are included with the PS4 version then? Or will they be DLC.

Game has over 400 Outfits and some are new. Also why use the outfits like that on a regular match before release when they could make a full "futuristic" DLC trailer when the game is out or near release.

Eolz

I'd say 50/50. 0% on old gen though.
They said they were looking into it for next gen but didn't give an update about this since some months now (unless I missed something).

Yeah, I think it's implied that costumes used in promo trailers for Last Round will be on-disc. That is, all those fan design costumes we've seen in-game footage of like valkyrie Kasumi and monkey Ayane, etc - they should all be on the disc. So these Christie and Sarah cossies should be non-DLC, too.

Top Bottom