• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Kumubou

You're a bit late. It ended a few mins ago. :p
So yeah that was a nice giveaw...

4d13543ad0.gif

aaaaaafrdgdfghfdhfdhfdghhdd

Thankfully, I already secured a copy of DoA5:LR on Steam
and Bad Rats D:

Hubb

Yes I should clarify I meant for DoA5 they aged everyone up. It may have even happened on Demensions' release. Not 100% sure, I never picked the 3DS game up.

Yes I should clarify I meant for DoA5 they aged everyone up. It may have even happened on Demensions' release. Not 100% sure, I never picked the 3DS game up.

Dimensions was a sum up of the series' story so everyone was still the age they were when 4 was out.

Gotcha, it looks like the issue started with Demensions and moving forward they aged everyone up. If Wikipedia is correct., under the controversy part.

That indeed did happen. I think that's a nice part of why they did age them up.
But I think for progression sake I wouldn't mind them to get older.

DOA1 to 4 has felt like one big time hole. So much has happened from 1 to 4 and Kasumi was still 17 lol.

Hubb

I'm sure it was a set it and forget it kind of thing. Unless they actively sought a time gap in their story, they probably didn't pay attention to the ages.

If that is defo final, the JP box art is pretty ass. Hope they do something better for the West. But saying that, Ultimate's Western art was gash, too.

Eolz

There is a story gap between 4 and 5 anyway (destruction of DOAtec etc).
The western boxart seels pretty final with Kasumi and Phase 4, we know it since about the same time than the JP cover. Not a fan of it tbh.

JP box has only just been revealed and Western Kas/Phase-4 has always said 'temp', so I think it can change. Either way - both are lame/lazy.

Eolz

Eh, I'm pretty sure we know of the asian box art since several weeks. Same for the west, there's no temporary box on amazon (for example) anymore.

Don't think a DOA game ever had a really great or impactful cover anyway :/

'Package not final' on UK and France Amazon pages. Not saying it will defo change, just that it's possible. So scruffy. As a "Last Round" the box is shit. DOA5+ was much better.

Griss

Horrible box art, but surely this is the kind of game everyone's going to buy digitally? You really want to have to switch discs every time you want a couple of games? And it's not like you're ever reselling a DoA game ever, right?

So it's bad, but it's not really an issue for me. Dat rise of Marie, though.

Also, I thought everyone had aged 2 years from DoA4. Did Kasumi really 'catch up' to Hitomi? I thought Hitomi was now 21, but I never really looked into it.

ShinMaruku

I am not one of those digital only people. I don't mind changing discs. Also lost value with buying digital.. Ewww.

It is indeed 2 years after with some other changes. It's a really great progression on the characters.

Eolz

Will never buy digitally games that have a good collector edition, and on consoles that have trouble staying online so I can download the game.

ShinMaruku

2016 is possible. Depending on how much last round is just prep work to be able to crank out content, 2016 is very feasible. But that depends on how Ninja Gaiden comes along and what pipeline they have.

Eolz

Yeah, I'm thinking about the same. Fall 2016 for DOA6, fall 2015 to early 2016 for NG4, and
DOAX3
sometime in 2016.

Hubb

All of the DoA5 covers have been shit, I wouldn't expect it any other way. I'd rather no characters on the front cover whatsoever, but I suppose marketing or something dictates putting at least Kasumi on the front.

I am not one of those digital only people. I don't mind changing discs. Also lost value with buying digital.. Ewww.

Can you even sell a used DoA5U for anything? I went physical for DoA5 and DoA5U, but I will most likely go digital for Last Round. It also helps that I have some PSN credit and nothing to spend it on right now. No idea what is coming out between now and February though.

ShinMaruku

I used my membership bonus to give my trades value as well as using a special trade day. If you use the days properly you can get some good store credit.

thebigword

Neo Member
It's happening, lads. Marie is becoming the face of DOA.

LET THE RED ROSE OF BLOOD BLOOM FORTH

51RrcgbiNOL.jpg

God, I hope this cover doesn't come to the US. I'd feel kinda pervy buying this. More so than usual...I buy physical whenever possible. Might go digital to avoid this.

Hubb

I used my membership bonus to give my trades value as well as using a special trade day. If you use the days properly you can get some good store credit.

Well that totally depends when you trade it in. I would be surprised if you could get $5 for DoA5U at this point, no matter how many deals you throw into it.

Top Bottom