• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

bon

It's happening, lads. Marie is becoming the face of DOA.

LET THE RED ROSE OF BLOOD BLOOM FORTH

51RrcgbiNOL.jpg

I fixed it.

OYC1BBi.png

Skilletor

Should make the other side Phase 4, and then have alpha-152 in the background.

Then we can change the name of the game to Dead and Alive Kasumis.

God, I hope this cover doesn't come to the US. I'd feel kinda pervy buying this. More so than usual...I buy physical whenever possible. Might go digital to avoid this.

What in the world is wrong with that cover? I like it. Then again, some of the games I buy most people would probably be ashamed to be buying in public, so what do I know haha. Guess cover art rarely bothers me.

thebigword

Neo Member
What in the world is wrong with that cover? I like it. Then again, some of the games I buy most people would probably be ashamed to be buying in public, so what do I know haha. Guess cover art rarely bothers me.

Ah, sorry, haven't been on since yesterday. I just never cared for Marie's character design. She's supposed to be an adult but looks like a little girl (...this is considered loli, right?), and I don't care for that in general.

Yes, I do buy from Amazon, frequently, but I wouldn't want that displayed on my shelf. But, since this most likely won't be the cover art, no probs.

Looking forward to the whole bunch of new people in the new Last Round GAF topic that won't have a fucking clue what Shin is talking about with his naming conventions :)

ShinMaruku

I look forward to it too. Because nobody will get Tommy and Misty and instead think of pokemon and power rangers. My mission will be complete.

AAK

Does anybody know where I can find anti-character videos? There's gonna be a tournament in Toronto that I'm entering in 3 weeks mainly for Tekken but DOA5 is gonna be there and I'd like to enter to support the community there.

I'd like to be more than pot monster so is there any resource? It could even be a huge character overview video with one part of it talking about how to fight that character similar to how LUYG does for Tekken. I know the top 3 players there use Bass, Hitomi, and Ayane. Any resources for them?

Also, last tournament I went to I got F'd up hard by this dude playing Alpha. A guy behind me during the match just told me to keep up the pressure after a knockdown but she'd just teleport and attack me each time.

ShinMaruku

Alpha is indeed free after knock down but you need to know how to space yourself to punish the teleport it's unsafe as fuck.

Ah, sorry, haven't been on since yesterday. I just never cared for Marie's character design. She's supposed to be an adult but looks like a little girl (...this is considered loli, right?), and I don't care for that in general.

Yes, I do buy from Amazon, frequently, but I wouldn't want that displayed on my shelf. But, since this most likely won't be the cover art, no probs.

Heh, that is perfectly understandable. Honestly, I don't mind lolis and their designs, but I always preferred the older women in general, so I know where you are coming from. I have feeling that Marie Rose was considerably younger and then they increased her age for the obvious reasons. She does not look 18 imo. Maybe 13-15.

Does anybody know where I can find anti-character videos? There's gonna be a tournament in Toronto that I'm entering in 3 weeks mainly for Tekken but DOA5 is gonna be there and I'd like to enter to support the community there.

I'd like to be more than pot monster so is there any resource? It could even be a huge character overview video with one part of it talking about how to fight that character similar to how LUYG does for Tekken. I know the top 3 players there use Bass, Hitomi, and Ayane. Any resources for them?

Also, last tournament I went to I got F'd up hard by this dude playing Alpha. A guy behind me during the match just told me to keep up the pressure after a knockdown but she'd just teleport and attack me each time.

Not sure if I ever seen a genuine anti-character guide for DOA5 unfortunately. You probably seen this before, but maybe this will help a little. I wish you the best in that tournament.

http://www.doaworld.com/forums/index.php?/forum/129-character-strategy/

ShinMaruku

Yeah not too much counter ideas because it's dependant on who is your main. Like for example if I am using Ayane and Momiji, for Ayane I'd be mindful of my strings because they are gonna look to hold me out my strings so I'd have to keep the midrange game and whiff punish and crush his advances. For Momiji keep her good range and whiff punish and force him to try to hold and take Momiji's throws. Due to him being heavy I'd have to cut my juggles short to be more burst oreinted to keep him away and get some good wall damage.

Hitomi is a whole new game, for Ayane have to use your speed and get good juggles and throw punish her and know her combos and strings. For Momiji keep her out wiht long legs and whiff punish and launch and get her little loop going. And throw punish, it will really hurt her later on if she get high counter thrown with sub 15% health.

Ayane? I'm a Ayane main, throw punishing is your friend and watch for unsafe combos and watch out for her lows, some are unsafe so you can clap her as long as it's not 2P. She's light weight so get a good combo off her and be wary of the wall. She will end you off a wall.

A match from earlier:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeRZ-Cu8IqE

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
What if the new character is an alternate dimension version of Kasumi from the past? Go full anime what the fuckness.

Hubb

Hitomi is really the only English voice that annoys me. I forgot you could even select the language you wanted.

Dantis

At least most outfits have some theme or concept behind them.

There's ragged clothing, very exposed (but by design, not raggedness!) midriff, handcuffs, pink high heels and some weird metal fitted around her boobs. No cohesion or sense.

WHAT IS THIS MEANT TO BE.

Top Bottom