• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Squire

Banned
qZPfvv8.jpg

Any word on whether the steam version will be based on the current gen or last gen version of the game?

That's a very good question. One that TN haven't answered so far AFAIK :mad:
Not sure how much that lack of confirmation is hurting Steam pre-orders though. The pre-order gauge is almost completely full now.

Skilletor

I'm not buying until I've got word about PC resolution options and other things. JP devs have burned me twice. Not happening a third time.

ShinMaruku

I'm not buying until I've got word about PC resolution options and other things. JP devs have burned me twice. Not happening a third time.
Assume the worst. Team Ninja's first outings on a new platform would take some time. Which is why it will be months for online to be added

Dammit, I forgot about that.

With that in mind, I might just wait for a deal ln Steam before I dip for the PC version.
That is what I suggest.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
It's gonna be based on the PS4/XBO versions.

Come on guys.

Isn't the Dynasty Warriors currently on Steam based on the PS3 version of the game? It's a worrisome precedent.

It's Kasumi as designed by the Senran Kagura artist.

I'm convinced that the SK artist has something to do with it.

I suspect this as well. There's something about the little design that we've seen that makes me think of Yaegishi Nan. The voice is cute and there's that rumor that she has the largest bust.

AAK

It's gonna be based on the PS4/XBO versions.

Come on guys.

May be a coincidence...but none of the XB1/PS4 exclusive stages are displayed on the steam store page. But it still has the original trailer that has snippets of those stages... so it's a toss up.

It doesn't make sense to me to use the PS3 version because of how different the architecture is compared to a PC... but the XB30 version is definitely fair game.

ShinMaruku

May be a coincidence...but none of the XB1/PS4 exclusive stages are displayed on the steam store page. But it still has the original trailer that has snippets of those stages... so it's a toss up.

It doesn't make sense to me to use the PS3 version because of how different the architecture is compared to a PC... but the XB30 version is definitely fair game.

PS4 and xbone are different achitecture as well. I think people over played the similarity of the chipsets. But as for which version the pc is. Probably the one they did the most work on. This is a margins thing so it could be any version.

Squire

Banned
PS4 and xbone are different achitecture as well. I think people over played the similarity of the chipsets. But as for which version the pc is. Probably the one they did the most work on. This is a margins thing so it could be any version.

They're both x86 derivative, which is all anyone says. They're much closer together than the PS3 and 360, which is true.

DR2K

Banned
If they show an new alternate hair style or stage for the PC version then it's based on the Next generation version.

histopher

Isn't the Dynasty Warriors currently on Steam based on the PS3 version of the game? It's a worrisome precedent.

I suspect this as well. There's something about the little design that we've seen that makes me think of Yaegishi Nan. The voice is cute and there's that rumor that she has the largest bust.

That would be hilarious if true. I came across a rumor on a Japanese message board saying the new character is a 19 year old Korean called Ichigo. Fights using 5 animal kung fu lol, and has the largest breasts/butt.
A Korean with a Japanese name and Chinese fighting style... prob just bs but we will see soon!

Skilletor

That would be hilarious if true. I came across a rumor on a Japanese message board saying the new character is a 19 year old Korean called Ichigo. Fights using 5 animal kung fu lol, and has the largest breasts/butt.
A Korean with a Japanese name and Chinese fighting style... prob just bs but we will see soon!

If this were true, I would be forced to use her, no matter what the character design looked like.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Stop calling her Misty dude. You're confusing the hundreds of people who read this thread but don't post.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Would be very surprised if it's a character designed by Senran Kagura staff. That collaboration is likely to be outfits and the like.

Chastten

Banned
Anyone know what costume bonus packs X360 owners get since there is no retail version for that and I can't find a pre-order link anywhere yet on the 360 dashboard?

Just noticed the Steam-version is nearing it's final tier so I might just go for that otherwise.

Endo Punk

Do we know if the core fighters downloaded content will carry over to current gen version of core fighters? I am looking forward to getting back into doa and playing with you awesome folks again, after some practice mode, been a long and im sure to be rusty.

Since team ninja seem to be a small team I hope bringing doa5 over didn't take all of their time. I really want see a fully fledged current gen game from them this year, at least a confirmation. Please be ng4, I still sorta believe they have it in them to bring the franchise back from the grave, they gotta have learnt something from the ng3 cock up.

aw man now I hope the character has animal kung fu style or I'll be disappointed, would buy such a character in a heart beat.

Skilletor

Do we know if the core fighters downloaded content will carry over to current gen version of core fighters? I am looking forward to getting back into doa and playing with you awesome folks again, after some practice mode, been a long and im sure to be rusty.

Since team ninja seem to be a small team I hope bringing doa5 over didn't take all of their time. I really want see a fully fledged current gen game from them this year, at least a confirmation. Please be ng4, I still sorta believe they have it in them to bring the franchise back from the grave, they gotta have learnt something from the ng3 cock up.

All dlc will carry over to current gen.

Eolz

Team Ninja has 2 teams. One of them is working on ahem
Otogi
others are on DOA and another team.

Weird, I've heard that they were more than that since the restructuration. Small team on DoA, small team helping other Koei projects, big team on NG4, and 1-2 small teams on side projects (1 might have become your spoiler).

Anyone know what costume bonus packs X360 owners get since there is no retail version for that and I can't find a pre-order link anywhere yet on the 360 dashboard?

Just noticed the Steam-version is nearing it's final tier so I might just go for that otherwise.

You should probably take the Steam version, most people on 360 are switching to another platform.
But anyway, I think it's the same DLC included in the other versions ( if you don't get an upgrade from 5U that is, since you don't get anything in this case, it's only a free balance/compatibility patch).

Top Bottom