• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
What on earth is Jacky wearing btw lol

Female Pandering.
2f32b39a1b.gif

Loona

New LR vid.

Mila vs. Jacky

Mila's theme so good.

A lot of things have been making me weary of the direction the game is going: too many bikinis and fetish outfits, Marie Rose, clones, and most recently this new character pandering to the same crowd that Marie did along with her recycled attacks.

Making me log on YT to watch a video I assume to be fairly innocuous is not helping...

I thought it was a t-shirt rolled behind his neck, but it's completely designed to be cut short. Need a female version of it.

A lot of things have been making me weary of the direction the game is going: too many bikinis and fetish outfits, Marie Rose, clones, and most recently this new character pandering to the same crowd that Marie did along with her recycled attacks.

Making me log on YT to watch a video I assume to be fairly innocuous is not helping...

I just hope the next new characters are more Mila and less Marie. I don't mind the two girls so much now - I've defo got used to Marie - but yeah, hopefully some effort goes into the next lot of characters. No clones, no copy-pastes, etc.

Koei Europe on twitter told me they will have a feedback survey for DOA5LR :)

Let's make sure we share ideas and points we want to pass along to them - the good and the bad, wishlists for DOA6 etc.

Skilletor

Have we seen a single new move for old characters yet?

I'm buying it because it's on PS4, but as far as updates go, this one seems low on new content for people that have been keeping up with the games.

Vazra

Koei Europe on twitter told me they will have a feedback survey for DOA5LR :)

Let's make sure we share ideas and points we want to pass along to them - the good and the bad, wishlists for DOA6 etc.

You mean like they did with DOA5 for DOA5U which still ignores the most important ones to focus on cutesy outfits?

ShinMaruku

Ayane got back a move from 4 but I never played 4 too much.

Also you guys need to not only do the survey but the community feedback that gets sent to Team Ninja. Those ones they def read. And when they don't add something often times they do go into why they can't add x or y feature.

Loona

I just hope the next new characters are more Mila and less Marie.

Pretty much this - to me Mila pretty much represented a direction for DoA I was optimistic about, what Tina was to me on my first arcade contact with DoA1, as opposed to what that character degenerated into since.
Now they seem pretty firm about sticking with Marie as a template of sorts... I can only hope it's not too late to hope for some balance. You know, like giving Mila a version of that outfit where she's wearing actual pants instead, I figure she'd look cool in camo gear.

Squire

Banned
Since they're dropping support for the last-gen systems soon, I hope we can get some costumes that are rendered at a slightly higher fidelity/more detailed than on PS3/360. They've been pretty lazy, but one can hope.

I wonder if Honoka has VF character moves, but probably not. Would've been nice to get another VF character. I wanted Aoi or Vanessa.
They probably would've picked Eileen, given current trends. :|

What on earth is Jacky wearing btw lol
Something sexy for once.

I forgot how good looking Jacky is.
I hope you can turn off that red... thing... whatever it is, it looks ridiculous. I know the girls have some equally stupid looking costume pieces but at least they're generally used to cover naughty bits.
DON'T TAKE THIS AWAY FROM ME. O_O

The female characters are swimming in ridiculous sexy outfits. Some of the costumes are literally just ribbons tied around their boobs and pelvis. You can find it in your heart to support this.

(For those unaware, the shirt behind the head thing is a common look in beefcake/fitness modelling.)

Something sexy for once.

The female characters are swimming in ridiculous sexy outfits. Some of the costumes are literally just ribbons tied around their boobs and pelvis. You can find it in your heart to support this.

(For those unaware, the shirt behind the head thing is a common look in beefcake/fitness modelling.)

Looool okay if it's a legit fetish thing then whatever, I guess that makes a bit more sense. :p
It still looks hideous, sorry. ^.^

Skilletor

PS4 or Xbox one what platform should i get it on.

i would guess the fighting game community at large will be on ps4 this generation.

Something sexy for once.

I fully support fan service for people of all sexual preferences. You're absolutely right about the ridiculous female outfits, and there's no reason there shouldn't be at least a small amount of equivalent outfit for the males.

ShinMaruku

PS3 had the most for 5 and 5u so it would be wise to get on ps4. There should be some xbone people but about 60-70% will be on os3 and 4

Eolz

Yeah, unlike the previous gen, heard many (like me) that will transition from 360 to PS4.

Don't forget PC though, you never know (even if it will obviously be not as used as PS4, some people will double dip).

Can't wait for Last Round. Hopefully some of you are getting it on XB1. ..cant go for PS4 since I cant transfer the dlc from 360.

I'll be getting the game for Xbox One, as I won't be getting a PS4 for a long while yet.

My skill at DOA is pretty meager as I don't get to play very often, but I'd totally be down for playing!

Skilletor

Yeah, unlike the previous gen, heard many (like me) that will transition from 360 to PS4.

Don't forget PC though, you never know (even if it will obviously be not as used as PS4, some people will double dip).

I'll get it on PC, for sure. Whether that will be at launch or at steam sale prices depends on the port. But I will be there eventually.

But yeah, most of my fighting games were in 360 last gen. This gen will definitely be ps4.

Vazra

I'm actually a huge 3D fighter fan (mainly have stuck with Virtua Fighter and Tekken) and I've heard good things about the Dead or Alive series, but I've just never had the time to check them out

Well make sure to visit Last Round OT when the game comes out :p

Top Bottom