• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Aye, I never said TN should do VF anyway - I was saying buy the rights so they can use the full roster in DOA, if SEGA ain't ever gonna do anything with the IP again.

Next best thing is just continuing the deal they got now, having them in DOA6 as guest characters.

Either way works fine.

As for PC - no knock on it from me; I've just always been a console gamer, and I actually think I save money by not splashing out on hardware for gaming PCs. And I love my physical copies. Plus, there are still a lot of games I play on console that aren't on PC, so it wouldn't be worth it. I don't think I'm missing out on much by my own tastes, except better graphics.

Just happy PC gamers now get to play DOA legit, too.

Kumubou

He meants VF in the main part. They would fuck up Virtua Fighter to the point Tekken 4 would look good. Thats what I gather.
Yeah, that's what I meant, and a "duh" to me for not making that clear. I think if Team Ninja tried to make an actual VF game, they would mangle it to the point where it was unrecognizable. May as well have Netherrealms make the next Arcana Heart game at that rate.

I'm not one of those "PC Monster Race" types, but there's lots of upside to PC games and I'm glad more traditionally console-only series are getting a shot on the platform.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Yeah, that's what I meant, and a "duh" to me for not making that clear. I think if Team Ninja tried to make an actual VF game, they would mangle it to the point where it was unrecognizable. May as well have Netherrealms make the next Arcana Heart game at that rate.

I'm not one of those "PC Monster Race" types, but there's lots of upside to PC games and I'm glad more traditionally console-only series are getting a shot on the platform.

They didnt ruin the VF characters on DOA5. Pretty much they would be copy pasting the coding and adding pretty graphics only. lol

Hubb

I would get a good laugh at Netherrealm's finishers being in Arcana Heart. I'd feel bad afterwards, but I'd laugh.

What an odd statement. DoA originated in arcades. The inputs are almost exactly the same across the games. Its origin is in arcades. DoA5 is in arcades, played with sticks.

I don't play any fighter on a pad.

Ya to each their own.

I played DOA4 just fine on the 360 pad but once I played 5 on stick I was hooked. Now that it's almost muscle memory, using a pad feels like I'm playing with my feet.

KT Europe just told me that Core Fighters is not associated with PS+ as far as they know.

If that's the case, that's pretty brilliant. Anyone without PS+ on PS4 could just get the free Core Fighters and still play with/against people who bought the full game and are on PS+.

Vazra

KT Europe just told me that Core Fighters is not associated with PS+ as far as they know.

If that's the case, that's pretty brilliant. Anyone without PS+ on PS4 could just get the free Core Fighters and still play with/against people who bought the full game and are on PS+.

So it works like Warframe?

Anyhow.
Team Ninja is making tutorial videos. They uploaded this.
Embrace the Delay: Basic Strikes - Get Ready Fight #1

shaowebb

So it works like Warframe?

Anyhow.
Team Ninja is making tutorial videos. They uploaded this.
Embrace the Delay: Basic Strikes - Get Ready Fight #1

This embrace the delay makes me wonder if a lot of folks who don't get this game are not getting it because its core design doesn't support Capcom style input everything in one long string styles of combos. So many fighters are setup where you try to input all the moves in one long string and things with delays mess with folks used to that.

I always enjoyed the tempo of Brad Wong combos and of Ein combos.

This embrace the delay makes me wonder if a lot of folks who don't get this game are not getting it because its core design doesn't support Capcom style input everything in one long string styles of combos. So many fighters are setup where you try to input all the moves in one long string and things with delays mess with folks used to that.

I always enjoyed the tempo of Brad Wong combos and of Ein combos.

The delay has always been one of the best things about DoA. The Tekken 10 hit system just never clicked with me.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
So what does the $30 PS3 upgrade get you? So far I know:

-New characters
-Balance changes (free anyway)

Does it include the costume contest outfits?

Also does anyone know if it upgrades your game or if it's a separate app?

Vazra

So what does the $30 PS3 upgrade get you? So far I know:

-New characters
-Balance changes (free anyway)

Does it include the costume contest outfits?

Also does anyone know if it upgrades your game or if it's a separate app?

I believe you get the characters and the outfits (No hairstyles and no new stages)

Skilletor

Malick[AI];150438977 said:
The delay has always been one of the best things about DoA. The Tekken 10 hit system just never clicked with me.

You never use 10 hits in Tekken. :p

Tekken has tons of strings you can delay as well. It's a 3D fighter thing.

Of course, it's not as many as in DoA or VF in Tekken (that'd be pretty cheap, you could hitco CH stuff really easily and never have to commit to stuff to be punished), but it's definitely prevalent.

ShinMaruku

It is one step forward. While an extremely basic tutorial video there is no TnA in there at all. It is kasumi in a normal costume.

I think they went safe with the IP on youtube and did not want oppurtunists to blame them. I bet some lawyer told them to age gate all their vids regardless of content.

Give Bloody Roar to Netherrealm. Afterall Konami doesnt care about those series.

NetherRealm???? Maybe ArcSystem, Namco, Team Ninja or Capcom, but I don't think it would feel or look anything like the old Bloody Roar games if Injustice and Mortal Kombat is anything to go by.

ShinAmano

Can someone clarify the USA preorder bonuses to me. I am picking up teo copies and want to make sure I get all the bonuses. Thanks.

Can someone clarify the USA preorder bonuses to me. I am picking up teo copies and want to make sure I get all the bonuses. Thanks.

In North America, pre-orders at GameStop will include the “Ninja” (for Ayane, Hayabusa, Hayate, and Kasumi), and Aloha (for Ayane, Hitomi, Kasumi, and Mila) costume sets. Pre-orders at Amazon and Best Buy will include the “Showstopper” (for Christie, Helena, Lisa, and Tina) and “Beach Party” (for Kokoro, Leifang, Momiji, and Rachel) sets.

In Europe, pre-orders at GAME will include the “Ninja” (for Ayane, Hayabusa, Hayate, and Kasumi) and “Aloha” (for Ayane, Hitomi, Kasumi, and Mila) costume sets. Pre-orders at ShopTo will include the “Ninja” and “Showstopper” (for Christie, Helena, Lisa, and Tina) sets. And pre-orders at Centresoft and independent retailers will include the “Ninja” and “Beach Party” (for Kokoro, Leifang, Momiji, and Rachel) sets.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=135557059&postcount=5535

Hubb

I wonder why this isn't up for pre order on the Xbox one. Has it even gone gold yet?

Can't do it on PSN yet either. If they are keeping the 17th as a release date I think they'd have to have gone gold. Between making and shipping all the units, they can't get that done in 2 weeks.

Top Bottom