• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

ShinMaruku

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIKSSbuvFYA#t=3681

Had a session with a friend for the first time in forever. Saw something strange with Ein at the timestamp. Looks like he cancels his H+K into a sidestep? Immediately cancelling the animation of the attack into a move. Anybody seen this? Is it just a random glitch or can it be reproduced?

Did he hit free right after the attack and side stepped? Because on one poke if you hit free you cancel the move.

Timu

Now I'm gonna play DOA 1, 2, 3 and 4 all on my 360 before Last Round comes out.=p Misty aka Kasumi will be my main for those games.

IbukiLordSA

Can't seem to find an answer for this but is the DLC that was bought for DOA5 compatible with this version? I know for Ultimate if you got DLC it would be available in Last Round but never had Ultimate and need to see if I should just buy this on PSN or get the game locally if my DLC will be present.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Can't seem to find an answer for this but is the DLC that was bought for DOA5 compatible with this version? I know for Ultimate if you got DLC it would be available in Last Round but never had Ultimate and need to see if I should just buy this on PSN or get the game locally if my DLC will be present.

Yes DLC from PS3 will transfer to PS4 and 360 to Xbox One.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIKSSbuvFYA#t=3681

Had a session with a friend for the first time in forever. Saw something strange with Ein at the timestamp. Looks like he cancels his H+K into a sidestep? Immediately cancelling the animation of the attack into a move. Anybody seen this? Is it just a random glitch or can it be reproduced?

Looked funny with your reaction.

Send it to TN on Twitter/Facebook or something - they might possibly reply and tell you. Or fans there could.

ShinMaruku

He straight up cancelled the H+K, neither one of us were expecting it. It hit, and then he was walking. It looked like a VC cancel from SC3.

If he uses free to side step that could be it. Some characters can straight up cancel but that's mainly off hits.

m0t0k1

Dunno if this was already posted but here is a balance change post for Last Round. Its in Japanese but using google translate you might discover some new things.

JP
http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/doa5/ultimate/arcade/information/info_20150205.html

ENG with googletranslate
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamecity.ne.jp%2Fdoa5%2Fultimate%2Farcade%2Finformation%2Finfo_20150205.html&edit-text=&act=url

Dunno how i should feel about koko atm she had some nerfs and Looks like gen fu didnt get any real nerfs always have trouble fighting him.

Kumubou

Dunno if this was already posted but here is a balance change post for Last Round. Its in Japanese but using google translate you might discover some new things.

JP
http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/doa5/ultimate/arcade/information/info_20150205.html

ENG with googletranslate
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamecity.ne.jp%2Fdoa5%2Fultimate%2Farcade%2Finformation%2Finfo_20150205.html&edit-text=&act=url

Dunno how i should feel about koko atm she had some nerfs and Looks like gen fu didnt get any real nerfs always have trouble fighting him.
I think the Gen 6P and 6PP delay nerf could be significant, depending on how much it was tightened up.

Kokoro getting nerfs makes me tight, Toom Nonjo plz.

Seeing Marie get buffs is pretty lolz too, even though they look all minor (unless some of the juggle potential adjustments lead to more damage, of if the new strings are good). Same thing with Lei-Fang (they made 9KKK do what, 1 extra point of damage per kick? Why?), although the BT P+K change could allow for some fun (if marginal) shenanigans, now being +1 on block.

Most of the adjustments seem rather minor all around, to be honest.

Eolz

Seems like good changes overall. Some seem to have been made specifically to be a bit more accessible.

MK9 is a great game.

Oh, I agree that it is a great game, but the style of NetherRealm games imo is so vastly different from the Bloody Roar games aesthetically and gameplay-wise. The only thing they really have in common is fighting and blood. Then again, if they wanted to try it, I wouldn't really mind.

Loona

I guess it is blatantly obvious you haven't even watched the video.

I didn't before because I tried to watch it on my phone, and since I wasn't logged in on YT it wouldn't let me.

Watched it now after checking SRK.com, were it was embedded. Again, the restriction I came across before was baffling because the content of the video was pretty harmless.

A nice approach, although those lights in the background were distracting, and there was no mention that those moves and delays were specific to Kasumi, which might have helped put things into perspective.

Eolz

Waited too long before ordering the Gamecity limited edition from Nippon Yassan (now out of stock) and it would be too expensive via a forwarding service. :/

As I'm buying the "regular" collector edition now instead, is there any good place left apart from Play-Asia still having it?

ShinMaruku

I saw a post in a thread about departures of devs hurt a game and they said Itagaki and I laughed and said the opposite too can be said. XD

AAK

... That's cool, but I really should prepare myself to get some terrible netcode.

The one DOA player that was in my city has moved out. Not sure if I'll be playing this that much if I won't be able to have tolerable online matches.

Kumubou

Hopefully ps4 and live will be better
I think if they improved the online play substantially, that would be hyped to the high heavens. I would expect the worst.

I like that KT is investing some money into the community... now how about some investments into the online modes! :<

I haven't pre-ordered Last Round yet, I guess because I'm waiting to hear reports of the next gen-netcode; to see if it got any better.

I'll still get it, but if the netcode turns out to be just as bad, then that will be supremely disappointing.

ShinMaruku

I think if they improved the online play substantially, that would be hyped to the high heavens. I would expect the worst.

I like that KT is investing some money into the community... now how about some investments into the online modes! :<

First off better return for more money and the US infrastructure is shit. I find too much bitching about bad netcode and not enough on shit infrastructure . Should be good code and a good network.

Vade

First off better return for more money and the US infrastructure is shit. I find too much bitching about bad netcode and not enough on shit infrastructure . Should be good code and a good network.

VF5 has great code; how can Sega who do not even seem to working on a new game have a better netcode?

ShinMaruku

That was a way older game and for all the shit people give sega they are very technically proficient, just have a bad history and shit management.

Good netcode can't fix shit connections. But of course if you have a good connection and you still have issues that is unacceptable.

Kumubou

I always hate this excuse. Do I expect better netcode to fix awful connections? No. Is the Internet infrastructure in the US godawful? Yes. However, things should work way better than they do in DoA5!. I think a lot of people don't understand just how much better things can be with the better netcode. It's also a lot easier to fix than the US's infrastructure issues. :x

I can play something like Fightcade or Skullgirls coast to coast at 0-1 delay, and I can have decent games against people in Japan and South America (if you're willing to tolerate a little warping). DoA lags for me with people in the same city. That's straight garbage. Hell, the hacked netcode clients for games like IaMP, EFZ and MBCC work way better than most commercial games online, which is just sad.

Skilletor

This excuse doesn't work when there are PLENTY of examples of good netcode out there in fighters.

ShinMaruku

I personally have not had too much issues with this game and sf's netcode but I always chalked that up to my connection being utterbullshit.(100mb/s) but I see some people having some issues, that said when I see people saying sf4 has ass netcode when they are playing ona fisher price connection just makes me just go >_>.

If you guys had the early doa netcode this would probably make you even more mad, although the games code is different.

Kumubou

I personally have not had too much issues with this game and sf's netcode but I always chalked that up to my connection being utterbullshit.(100mb/s) but I see some people having some issues, that said when I see people saying sf4 has ass netcode when they are playing ona fisher price connection just makes me just go >_>.

If you guys had the early doa netcode this would probably make you even more mad, although the games code is different.
Bandwidth means nothing in terms of how well online games work -- it's all about latency. You could have sub-speed Internet that still plays well online as long as the ping times are solid. On the other extreme, you can get chunks of bandwidth from a satellite connection but it's AWFUL for playing online, due to the round-trip delay.

SF4's netcode is pretty goddamn bad. :p It's not at the same level of MvC3 or KoFXII levels of awfulness, but it definitely sucks out loud compared to what could be done.

I actually played a lot of DoA2U and DoA4 online -- and I remember those games playing better online than 5 does, although I don't know how much of that is due to rose-tinted glasses.

God, DoA4 was so goddamn bad.

Skilletor

Bandwidth means nothing in terms of how well online games work -- it's all about latency. You could have sub-speed Internet that still plays well online as long as the ping times are solid. On the other extreme, you can get chunks of bandwidth from a satellite connection but it's AWFUL for playing online, due to the round-trip delay.

SF4's netcode is pretty goddamn bad. :p It's not at the same level of MvC3 or KoFXII levels of awfulness, but it definitely sucks out loud compared to what could be done.

I actually played a lot of DoA2U and DoA4 online -- and I remember those games playing better online than 5 does, although I don't know how much of that is due to rose-tinted glasses.

God, DoA4 was so goddamn bad.

Me and Huy were just talking get about those days, lol.

This is probably old news, but after seeing the commands for a Raidou vid, I only just realized his uppercut thing looks to be a JF. I wish ALL characters had some kind of JF attack options. They are fun to try and pull off.

ipSflw2rhP6wH.gif

Kumubou

Me and Huy were just talking get about those days, lol.
Damn, that was a looooooooong time ago -- shoutouts to #skilldoa. Making me feel really old now. D:

This is probably old news, but after seeing the commands for a Raidou vid, I only just realized his uppercut thing looks to be a JF. I wish ALL characters had some kind of JF attack options. They are fun to try and pull off
That's not just any JF -- it looks like they gave him EWGF. lololololol why would they do that???

Top Bottom