• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

VariantX

This is one of the games that would greatly benefit from MiiVerse.

It's a real shame Tecmo was too lazy to port it over.

Just not enough people willing to buy it or play it yet who own a Wii U right now. The poor sales console, doubled with the poor performance of 3rd party sales are whats scaring the larger publishers away at the moment. Its not really a case of laziness here.

Could someone help me out, apparently I'm completely clueless.

In Kasumi's combo training, the very second one called "Basic move (DIFFICULTY 1).

How the hell do I do that? I seriously don't get it.

Edit: The commands are: forwards forwards K (when guarding or hitting K).

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
And done:

Au44tdV.jpg

Now to go back to practice mode and get a single match every 30 minutes.

In Kasumi's combo training, the very second one called "Basic move (DIFFICULTY 1).

Press Up K on the second hit so its forwards forwards K up K.

press k (kick) as soon as the first k connects (works if the opponent is blocking or gets hit, as opposed to some moves that can be followed up only on hit).

Press Up K on the second hit so its forwards forwards K up K.
is the command up + k or just k? i don't remember.

pollysee

Neo Member
its just k but up helps with timing.

It's a timing thing. There's another string, forward, forward K, K (66KK) that will come out instead if you press K the second time too fast. So you have to do 66K, then wait for the kick to hit, and then hit K again.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Now to go back to practice mode and get a single match every 30 minutes.

It shouldn't take that long. Throwdowns came within 15 mins for me. Doing lobbies even faster.

I'm 40/100 matches played. Just gotta do another 60 and then ignore the online forever. >_<

It's a timing thing. There's another string, forward, forward K, K (66KK) that will come out instead if you press K the second time too fast. So you have to do 66K, then wait for the kick to hit, and then hit K again.
Yeah, I assumed his issue was timing so I recommended he input 8 as it doesn't change the string but will work as a discipline until his timing is accurate, I taught my brother a similar thing, sorry if their was any confusion.

Grisby

Yeah, finally got to play online by just doing tag matches. Wish they wouldn't have taken out the casual/non rank mode as it was fun to fight the same dude over and over.

KAOS

I don't have any complaints about how the characters look in DOA5/Ultimate. The drab look I'm referring to comes from the stages looking less vibrant and colorful. DOA4 just looks better to me! Maybe it's the stages themselves or Itagaki's and X-Team Ninja's touch.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I don't have any complaints about how the characters look in DOA5/Ultimate. The drab look I'm referring to comes from the stages looking less vibrant and colorful. DOA4 just looks better to me! Maybe it's the stages themselves or Itagaki's and X-Team Ninja's touch.

IMO the stage concepts and designs in DOA5 are rather good. But the texture work is muted, with a lot of low quality textures.

It may be hardware limitation of the current consoles and the new art style they went with. It's more realistic, thus falls victim to the aged hardware and photorealism trap.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
For those not getting matches with throwdown turned on, change the setting to tag matches- I was getting nothing with single enabled.

So I've been playing a bit of this for some time now, and I gotta say just playing Core Fighters is selling me on the full game. While I'm mainly having fun with Ryu (dem Izunas), I'm also enjoying the two temporary characters a lot. Since I'm gonna want to keep them and eventually get Momiji, Rig, and Bayman, I might as well just go for the full game key.

Just wish it didn't take around 20 minutes to find a ranked match :/

Getting this tomorrow just for Ein.

Is he unlocked from the start or do I need to do anything to unlock? If so mind sharing what that'd be?

dreamfall

Just triple dipped from GameStop, but they gave me a "new copy" that was open and picked the box off the wall :/ Were there any inserts outside of the booklet?

I was hesitant but it was the only copy around the stores here.

Kincaido

Just triple dipped from GameStop, but they gave me a "new copy" that was open and picked the box off the wall :/ Were there any inserts outside of the booklet?

I was hesitant but it was the only copy around the stores here.

Nope, it just comes with the small booklet.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Just wish it didn't take around 20 minutes to find a ranked match :/

Again, turn on throwdowns and set it for tag matches. People don't seem to care about single character matches now that tag is fully available, at least not in ranked.

Why there is not an option to search for single and tag matches together is beyond me.

Kincaido

Yeah, Single matches take forever to find. I get a Tag match every other minute. Kinda tired of them for now though.

Hayabusa's "Senko-Izuna".

I'm calling bullshit on that one, no way in hell someone ever managed to pull that counter hold off in a real fight. I've literally been trying to pull it off in practice for the past 20 mins, and I still haven't done it.

I'm calling bullshit on that one, no way in hell someone ever managed to pull that counter hold off in a real fight. I've literally been trying to pull it off in practice for the past 20 mins, and I still haven't done it.

Not gonna lie, I was mashing a couple of times and I got it to work, I just forgot to put in the 360 part for the spins lol

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

I wouldn't say that, there is some Hayabusa's that are really good. I dunno about the rest of us though. :p

Skilletor

It's super easy. lol

I wouldn't question it at all.

Is it 3/4 of a turn or a complete turn?

I've been doing 3/4th, maybe that would be it?

Edit: GOT IT! ^T%$#g$#REGFD stupid f*ing move.

Edit2: HAHAHAHAHA OH GOD THERES ANOTHER ONE!

Edit3: Cleared both the ones that came right after in like 3 seconds... apparently it was a full circle and I've been doing nonesense for close to an hour.

Oh well, done with Hayabusa's training!

Skilletor

what's the command? i haven't tried hayabusa yet. is he like standing 720 zangief in terms of execution?

Nowhere near. I'm not even sure of the command. I've been doing it the same way since DoA2. I think it's 426+throw, 862+throw, 6247+throw, but like I said, I just input 360s for the 2nd and 3rd part. Works fine and has forever.

what's the command? i haven't tried hayabusa yet. is he like standing 720 zangief in terms of execution?

For the counter hit one, iirc it's 6,7+Hold for the counter, then 23698+Hold, then 360+hold

man if people don't use number notation for this game I'm gonna look soooo stupid

normal iirc is 41236+Grab, 23698+Grab, 360+grab

then you have one done by 236P+K, P, P, 360 Grab

This is one of the games that would greatly benefit from MiiVerse.

It's a real shame Tecmo was too lazy to port it over.

Honestly, I doubt DOA5: U was worth porting over because I think it wouldn't sell too well on Wii U. If Tekken Tag 2 bombed miserably, I am not sure if less popular DOA5 has a chance.

Anyone have both console versions? Which is better?

Controller is no issue, I use a stick.

I only have the PS3 version of DOA5:U, but I have both versions of DOA5 and they are very close in graphics, netcode and performance. I am assuming that the same applies to Ultimate. I think the X360 version looks 5% better in some areas which is barely noticeable, but you can't go wrong with either version of Ultimate. The PS3 version most likely has the more active online community though. Oh yeah, I think you can also fight the players from DOA:U Core online which probably will add many more players than the X360 version.

Aaaand now I'm having a hard time with a really stupid one.

Akira's Chouda Chouchu.

Hold down forwards, -pause- forwards punch punch.

I get the first punch ok. But no matter how hard I mash the punch button, the second punch won't come. I don't get it.

Skilletor

Aaaand now I'm having a hard time with a really stupid one.

Akira's Chouda Chouchu.

Hold down forwards, -pause- forwards punch punch.

I get the first punch ok. But no matter how hard I mash the punch button, the second punch won't come. I don't get it.

stop mashing and time the second hit. :)

Should press the button on impact of the first punch.

stop mashing and time the second hit. :)

Should press the button on impact of the first punch.

Thank you, that worked.

Edit:

Oh god why is this game so hard. Now it's asking me to press hold and kick at the same time, but release hold after one frame.

WHAT THE HELL IS A FRAME.

Edit2: JESUS WHAT SORCERY IS THIS? WHERE'S MY EXECUTION FREE DOA?!?

Top Bottom