• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Skilletor

Thank you, that worked.

Edit:

Oh god why is this game so hard. Now it's asking me to press hold and kick at the same time, but release hold after one frame.

WHAT THE HELL IS A FRAME.

Akira is one of the most technical characters in any fighting game. If you're just learning the game, you've chosen a bad character with which to do so. :/ It's not the game that's hard, it's just Akira. I imagine you're at his knee. What you want to do is press kick and guard at the same time, but release guard almost immediately after pressing both buttons.

A frame is what it sounds like. The game is 60fps, so you want to do k+g, and release guard in 1/60th of a second from pressing both.

If you're playing on a pad, it's A LOT harder (imo) to do than on a stick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdZV_YkXKVI

DR2K

Banned
Looks like the reason singles ranked isn't working is due to overcrowding. According to TN Twitter. They're working on it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Looks like the reason singles ranked isn't working is due to overcrowding. According to TN Twitter. They're working on it.

:lol wut

I'll believe that when I see the receipts. Which they aren't going to provide.

DR2K

Banned

Could be more than they prepared for. There's definitely something wrong with it. I doubt it would be this difficult to find a match this early on.

yea with core edition the PS3 user base could be significantly bigger than 360 version. (even DOA5 vanilla had more users on PS3 if i remember correctly?)

Yep. Although Europe got DOA5 for ps plus for a while.

TheSeks

How do you activate the special danger zone in the stages.

Main menu->Training->Tutorials->Special: Danger Zones->????->PROFIT!

Could be more than they prepared for. There's definitely something wrong with it. I doubt it would be this difficult to find a match this early on.

With the amount of
2 bar
lobbies I see online in the past two days? I can't believe that the F2P version would flood the ranked to where it's freaking out. Surely if the online was freaking out like that some people would create lobbies instead and that would freak out on trying to find matches/rooms as well.

DR2K

Banned
Main menu->Training->Tutorials->Special: Danger Zones->????->PROFIT!

With the amount of
2 bar
lobbies I see online in the past two days? I can't believe that the F2P version would flood the ranked to where it's freaking out. Surely if the online was freaking out like that some people would create lobbies instead and that would freak out on trying to find matches/rooms as well.

Regardless there's something causing some sort of congestion for ranked. I'll take TN word, doesn't look good either way.

How do you activate the special danger zone in the stages.

Do a power blow in the direction of the danger zone.

Squire

Banned

There probably aren't any more receipts than usual, which is the thing. Core Fighters being F2P could very well be a shot in the arm for the player base.

I tried some online. That lag, damn.

I'm not really sure how I feel about Hitomi's changes at the moment. 214P is pretty cool and I like how 4KK re-floats during juggles but the change to SSK sucks as do the changes to the ground game (though that applies to everyone). Then there's just bizzare stuff like 4PPP causing an absolutely useless bound state. I'm not sure what TN was thinking there. Overall I don't think she feels worse I'm just not sure if she's any better either.

TheSeks

Regardless there's something causing some sort of congestion for ranked. I'll take TN word, doesn't look good either way.

"Congestion" was causing Cross-platform to fuck up between 5/5+, then?

It's them being completely bonkers in regards to netcode and matchmaking. Sure, they're improving but the online is still half-broke for me.

TheSeks

I dunno. 2U's was pretty butter smooth and the gold standard in regards to dealing with lag (AKA: it slowed the game down in lag situations! why doesn't more fighters do this!?) for me, still is.

They got the most important part right- when you get a game, it's good.

The other stuff is fixable.

Disagree. 3-5 bars advertised to me are 2-1 bars in game/character selection and then the 2-3 bars maybe have random lagspikes.

Squire

Banned

Polar opposite in my experience. Reminds me of Skilletors posts about the online in the vanilla version's OT. The lag basically makes countering impossible for me.

I dunno. 2U's was pretty butter smooth and the gold standard in regards to dealing with lag (AKA: it slowed the game down in lag situations! why doesn't more fighters do this!?) for me, still is.

Oh sure, I meant them in their current form (minus Itagaki and the team members he took) specifically.

Mesharey

I'm not really sure how I feel about Hitomi's changes at the moment. 214P is pretty cool and I like how 4KK re-floats during juggles but the change to SSK sucks as do the changes to the ground game (though that applies to everyone). Then there's just bizzare stuff like 4PPP causing an absolutely useless bound state. I'm not sure what TN was thinking there. Overall I don't think she feels worse I'm just not sure if she's any better either.
I agree, but I think she's worse here, there are combos that doesn't work here and 33T doesn't work sometimes.
Ayane 4P does what!?

this damn game
What's wrong with it? @@
You can still use it to launch like in DOA5.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
And done:

Au44tdV.jpg

Now to go back to practice mode and get a single match every 30 minutes.

I mean damn

Diebuster

I think it's better than vanilla (in that, I couldn't even enter a lobby most of the time), but it's still far from 'right'. More often than not, I either have matches with lag spikes, fights that are noticeably slower than normal, or games where my inputs aren't even read properly.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Is core fighters up in the UK? Can't find it in latest games, or by searching for dead or alive or core fighters?

Dantis

There probably aren't any more receipts than usual, which is the thing. Core Fighters being F2P could very well be a shot in the arm for the player base.

I tried some online. That lag, damn.

Hmm? What bar connection was this? To me, anything from 3 bars and up is really smooth.

So if I buy the retail game for 40 bucks

and buy the 40 dollar costume pack thats currently on PSN (the one labeled as "DOA5U costume pack" specifically)

is that every costume released between the vanilla launch and the launch of this except for the CE swimsuits?

I know ultimate comes with some of the first set of costumes but also that there are more outside of that and the DLC listing for this game is kinda weird

Mesharey

Yes, you will get the remaining costumes that aren't included in ultimate. You will have all the costumes except for the CE and pre-order costumes.

CmdBash

omg awesome there's actually options to tune down the breast physics; best feature added, was so annoying in doa5vanilla.

Dantis

omg awesome there's actually options to tune down the breast physics; best feature added, was so annoying in doa5vanilla.

They changed them in one of the patches on vanilla DOA5. Ultimate adds the option to turn it down to how it was at launch.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Woah WTF.

I leave consoles for 3 years and now Akira is in DOA? What is going on over there? We just got Skullgirls over here.

AlStrong

I'll believe it when they give us another free Round 1 thank you pack.

>_>
<_<

------

Is there an "easy" character for completing the combo challenge?

Mesharey

How can I unlock "your character system voice"? >.>

They're working to fix ranked match, from their twitter account:

"@TeamNINJAStudio: Along with improvements to Ranked Matches, we've decided to make costume unlock conditions the same for #DOA5U and DOA5U: Core Fighters."

"@TeamNINJAStudio: We'll let you know more once we have the final dates & details! #DOA5U"

alstein

Woah WTF.

I leave consoles for 3 years and now Akira is in DOA? What is going on over there? We just got Skullgirls over here.

Sarah, Pai, and Jacky as well

They might as well bring the entire VF cast over and make it a true crossover. I really want to angry black man knee loli ninjas.

Dice

Sarah, Pai, and Jacky as well

They might as well bring the entire VF cast over and make it a true crossover. I really want to angry black man knee loli ninjas.
PAI IS IN DOA?! WHY DON'T I BUY 360?!

Dice

You know, between this and Virtua Fighter, Tekken, UMvsC3, Soul Calibur, BlazBlue, and Persona 4 Arena all not having a chance in hell of ever coming to PC... and me not upgrading my PC for new games next year... and me owning a $200 360 arcade stick... I think I'm going to get a 360 with my tax return next year. The XBone coming out should make finding a cheap 360 easier, so it should work out alright.

ShinAmano

You know, between this and Virtua Fighter, Tekken, UMvsC3, Soul Calibur, BlazBlue, and Persona 4 Arena all not having a chance in hell of ever coming to PC... and me not upgrading my PC for new games next year... and me owning a $200 360 arcade stick... I think I'm going to get a 360 with my tax return next year. The XBone coming out should make finding a cheap 360 easier, so it should work out alright.

You will also be able to pick up Ultra Street Fighter 4 at that point :)

Top Bottom