• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Are the Gamestop pre-order codes on the receipt or on a separate slip? I want to know what I should be complaining about when I pick up the game tomorrow.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Why did they take player matches out? I just want to play 1 on 1 with someone a bunch of times.. I tried setting up a 2 person lobby but no one joined ;_;

Are the Gamestop pre-order codes on the receipt or on a separate slip? I want to know what I should be complaining about when I pick up the game tomorrow.
On receipts.

Why did they take player matches out? I just want to play 1 on 1 with someone a bunch of times.. I tried setting up a 2 person lobby but no one joined ;_;
I wonder this too. I loved player matches and didn't care about lobbies or rank. I would have joined that lobby but the one I saw had a connection restriction. :(

Dumb question but is there any noticeable differences between 360 and PS3 vers, mainly the graphics?

Saw some PS3 footage and the backgrounds looked like there was a lot of jaggies or dithering.

Is it the same for both consoles?

Dumb question but is there any noticeable differences between 360 and PS3 vers, mainly the graphics?

Saw some PS3 footage and the backgrounds looked like there was a lot of jaggies or dithering.

PS3 might contain more users since there's a FTP demo. I noticed most people in the lobbies downloaded the FTP demo and it was their first time playing the game.

But graphics wise? I think it's the same. Can't confirm it since I didn't buy the 360 version since my 360 is dead.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.

DOA5 had 1 more frame of input lag on PS3 compared to 360(similar to how 360 had 1 extra frame of input lag on T6). Don't know if that's still the case on DOA5U.

solid mike

They took it out?? Damn. I never even played rank because nobody was there. Why would you do this Team Ninja???

Mesharey

Hitomi's throw 33T doesn't work sometimes, I can do it easily in DOA5. :/
I want to get her "V for victory" pose every time, need to know which button to press after the match. :p
Pressing "K" after the match gives "I'm getting stronger" pose.

arttq

Is 1 frame delay immediately noticeable or is it negligible and not experience-ruining?

1 frame is generally not noticeable but when you add display lag (depending on display), your performance may suffer. With near zero lag display it's not really a problem.

Mesharey

Everyone just get the PS3 version on here because... reasons.
digging+a+hole.jpg

?

AlStrong

hm... bug? I've seen all 4 of Hitomi's victory poses, but the 4th one (V for Victory!) doesn't unlock in the movie list. (X360)

Oh ok... I unlocked it through Story mode after finishing the first fight ("One more to go"). I didn't see that V for Victory was already unlocked on the next page

Probably have to do the same for Ayane (2nd and 3rd in the movie list).

edit:

Ayane
Chapter 12. Obstacles -> "The match is decided", also a tag victory pose?
Defeat Hayate -> "My sincerest apologies"

Sarah's 4th -> defeat Jacky

Is this also new DLC?

Dat 80s style bikini

1230036_503408406417857_403200836_n.jpg

Looks like a mod of one of the dlc bikinis. The default outfit has Lei wearing a red mini skirt.
I have this outfit and tried the different buttons and directional holding to give Lei her alternate looks associated with it, but none of them will remove the skirt.

Dantis

Post has been. No game.

Cheers Royal Mail, you suck.

EDIT: Scratch that, my copy just arrived. MOMIJI TIME.

thundr51

Ok, so I imported my save, does this mean that I need to play through it again to unlocks? Or should I not care since I main Helena and they(TN) pretty much ignore her anyway?

Got the game, have they done something to the graphics on 360, because the game looks more sharp than vanilla, almost to the level of DOA4, vanilla always looked a little blurry or whased out.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ok, so I imported my save, does this mean that I need to play through it again to unlocks? Or should I not care since I main Helena and they(TN) pretty much ignore her anyway?

You only need to unlock the new outfits. You have the old ones/DLC unlocked instantly if you had them in 5.

Hitomi's throw 33T doesn't work sometimes, I can do it easily in DOA5. :/
I want to get her "V for victory" pose every time, need to know which button to press after the match. :p
Pressing "K" after the match gives "I'm getting stronger" pose.

Glad to see i'm not the only one that was having trouble getting 33T to come out. I'm guessing they made the input window a little tighter though I'm not ruling out sloppy execution on my end. It's not that big of a deal though, I've already gotten used to it again. As for the pose, I don't think there's any way to make sure it comes out besides getting a perfect. I tried every button combination i could think of but nothing worked.

What the hell, they took out the little Missions from Story Mode.

I went to continue my progress since I never finished it in vanilla and the timeline isn't showing red dots on the missions I've failed and I'm not getting new ones.

What happened to all those titles you unlocked from those?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
What the hell, they took out the little Missions from Story Mode
I went to continue my progress since I never finished it in vanilla and the timeline isn't showing red dots on the missions I've failed and I'm not getting new ones.

What happened to all those titles you unlocked from those?

Bless the Bolded.

doa is a lot faster than i remember. only played a little bit of 3/4, used to play 2 a lot.

so i'm considering buying a character. who are the most footsie-based characters in the game? or good defence outside of holds?

BadWolf

Tried the photo mode at the end of my play session and was pretty impressed. The best part of course are the great character models so pausing at a cool or complex pose and then studying it from various angles is very cool and useful.

(<-- dabbles in drawing a little)

DR2K

Banned
doa is a lot faster than i remember. only played a little bit of 3/4, used to play 2 a lot.

so i'm considering buying a character. who are the most footsie-based characters in the game? or good defence outside of holds?

Footsie based. Ein and Ayane have great footsies.

Good defense? Liefang and Bayman have parries, offensive holds, advanced counters, etc...

Christie, Brad, and Helena have evasive stances. But are advanced characters relatively.

BadWolf

Is it true that Kasumi is a generally unsafe character on block?

Was reading a thread of her's on another forum and it sounded like you have to take the wait and see approach with her because she tends to be rather negative on block.

Top Bottom