• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Ninja Dom

Tecmo on twitter says digital version of DOA5U coming on EU PSN in "next few weeks." I've asked if that goes for Core Fighters as well, but no reply. I'm assuming it does.

I'm gonna have to get the retail version I suppose.

I know I should support the game by buying retail but I only play as the Ninja's. So Core Fighters would have been fine for me. I would have dropped my spare change in my PSN wallet on Momiji and have been happy. I've already blasted through Story Mode on vanilla DOA5.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Has anyone found any new appearance modifiers? I noticed that you can finally remove Ayane's headband and Christie has an alternate hairstyle.

Dantis

Has anyone found any new appearance modifiers? I noticed that you can finally remove Ayane's headband and Christie has an alternate hairstyle.

Hitomi has a ponytail, Lei Fang has pigtails, Pai has a new hairstyle.

EDIT: Is solo fixed? I seem to be able to find games reasonably easily.

Squire

Banned
I just realized the GoD version of this comes out on Friday.

I'll just keep playing CF and wait for a sale. It's all about GTA V next week.

Yeah, I'm rocking the DOA2 menu music. Brings back memories.

it's amazing how much having the old music tracks improves the game. Vanilla DOA5 had a super bland soundtrack. I just wish that they would release the DOA1 (both arcade/sega saturn and playstation) and DOA++ soundtracks as DLC.

i'm also impressed at how in depth the tutorials are in this game. i'm also glad that Leon is back, dude was my main in DOA3 and DOA4. I hope they give him his DOA3 c1 and his ancient Rome outfits.

I just did an experiment and put Vanilla back in and earned a new title that I definitely don't have in Ultimate.

Put Ultimate back in and... no update.

Seems it only reads your previous titles just the once.

Didn't know if anyone knew that, or wanted to know, but thought I'd see what happens anyway. Now we know.

YYYEEEEEAAAAAAH!

Anyone else else fi... YEEEEEEAAAAAH - find Jacky to be extremely annoying?

YYYYYYEEEEEEEAAAAAH!!!

What I find most annoying about Jacky is that if you do a mid punch and the person controlling Jacky does NOTHING he'll automatically counter. Really fucking annoying. YEEEEEEEEAAAAH!

What I find most annoying about Jacky is that if you do a mid punch and the person controlling Jacky does NOTHING he'll automatically counter. Really fucking annoying. YEEEEEEEEAAAAH!

reminds me of when I would play VF4 against AI back in the day. I would tell myself not to punch him because the AI would do the counter to every damn punch..

Pimpbaa

I feel ashamed of myself. I was too lazy to look for what DOA5 costumes I had already bought, so I bought that all in one costume unlock. On the plus side it was just a 100kb unlock key rather than the mess of keys and actual downloads that were for DOA5 vanilla.

Dark Octave said:
They really should lose the sweat. It makes no sense with the way they are trying to dress them up.

Shut your mouth. I want sweat glistening titties!

I do wish SEGA had better sounding audio for the VF characters to use because, man, Jacky's samples sound even worse than the others.

Also, the more I play this the more awesome it feels. There's so much VF in it that I wish they would just dump the rest of the cast into it for some DOA5U+ or something so we can get a proper vs game.

This is me hoping the arcade character is Aoi or Irene, but betting if it's a VF character it will end up being Kage or Wolf.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So, if I have successfully converted the save from the vanilla DOA5, as well as the DLCs, is it safe now to permanently delete the old DOA5 folder on my HDD that contains my DLCs? Or should I move the DLCs first to the DOA5Ultimate folder (how though, hahaha)?

Shut your mouth. I want sweat glistening titties!

Same here. Love that shine :)

Anyone know if you still cant see DLC costumes that your opponent is wearing, if you havent purchased them yourself?
Now that all the costumes are on the disk, I thought TN may have reconsidered their stance on this.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I turn off the dirt because I don't like it.

So, if I have successfully converted the save from the vanilla DOA5, as well as the DLCs, is it safe now to permanently delete the old DOA5 folder on my HDD that contains my DLCs? Or should I move the DLCs first to the DOA5Ultimate folder (how though, hahaha)?

I think that you have keep the one that says DLC data or whatever. You can delete the install for vanilla if you installed it.

Something to note for those looking at the DLC, there are now THREE entries for the DLC on Sony systems:

DOA5 (PS3)
DOA5+ (Vita)
DOA5U (PS3)

That's funky about this is that even if you own a piece of DLC from DOA5, it will show as cross-buy for DOA5+ but not for DOA5U. It seems kind of silly that the DOA5U equivalents don't just show up on the DLC list as purchased, but them's the breaks. Make sure you check this before you going complaining to TK about your DLC not working!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Anyone know if you still cant see DLC costumes that your opponent is wearing, if you havent purchased them yourself?
Now that all the costumes are on the disk, I thought TN may have reconsidered their stance on this.

Bigger and more pressing question is if they're going to drop the outfits you don't own from the list. Yes, yes, it's nice seeing there is DLC outfits still to buy for the characters. I don't give a damn and it eats up online timer choice time. GET RID OF IT.

Question for Momiji users...

I'm doing command training and there's one where you do half QCF P+K, PP into a throw. Is that throw a 360? Ugh...I hate 360s :(

Something to note for those looking at the DLC, there are now THREE entries for the DLC on Sony systems:

DOA5 (PS3)
DOA5+ (Vita)
DOA5U (PS3)

That's funky about this is that even if you own a piece of DLC from DOA5, it will show as cross-buy for DOA5+ but not for DOA5U. It seems kind of silly that the DOA5U equivalents don't just show up on the DLC list as purchased, but them's the breaks. Make sure you check this before you going complaining to TK about your DLC not working!

So does that mean if I buy something from the DOA5 section of the store now, it won't work in DOA5U if I've already done the initial save conversion?

I wanted to buy the Hot Getaway set, but it's single costumes only in the DOA5U section and you can get it as a pack that's way cheaper under DOA5.

So does that mean if I buy something from the DOA5 section of the store now, it won't work in DOA5U if I've already done the initial save conversion?

I wanted to buy the Hot Getaway set, but it's single costumes only in the DOA5U section and you can get it as a pack that's way cheaper under DOA5.

The hot getaway pack is the one where the girls dont wear shoes IIRC.
IMO, they look much worse shoeless, and I regret spending $20 on it.
Check out some youtube vide of the costumes, before deciding to spend the money, is my recommendation.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Im stuck on 2 tutorials.

Hitomi Delay P + K P (need to wait for an attack)

The other its a Hitomi and Hayate combo where its supposed to end with Hitomi entering with her attack (not force out) but it seems my timing its off or im doing something wrong.

Also who has the easiest combo challenge?

AlStrong

Right, here's the ones I'm missing:

Helena 4
Lisa 2
Sarah 2
Pai 3

For Lisa, it's split between "Lisa" and "La Mariposa", so you just have to try the controller face buttons (3 each).

For Sarah (maybe Pai also), you may need to win a match without taking damage (great/greatest). I soooort of recall something like that.

Helena's... I can't remember. I definitely didn't play in story mode for her, so that leaves tag match or perhaps perfect match.

:s

Vade

My copy finally arrived and have started to work my way through the training modes. I played a good amount of VF 4 back in the day, not that it actually translated to skill, but I digress. Does Sarah play as she did in VF 4 with all your aggressive options with some flamingo defense?

Mesharey

My copy finally arrived and have started to work my way through the training modes. I played a good amount of VF 4 back in the day, not that it actually translated to skill, but I digress. Does Sarah play as she did in VF 4 with all your aggressive options with some flamingo defense?
She plays like she did in VF5: FS.

Monkeylord
There's one for Helena if you win "greatest", you need 2 rounds.

For Lisa, it's split between "Lisa" and "La Mariposa", so you just have to try the controller face buttons (3 each).

For Sarah (maybe Pai also), you may need to win a match without taking damage (great/greatest). I soooort of recall something like that.

Helena's... I can't remember. I definitely didn't play in story mode for her, so that leaves tag match or perhaps perfect match.

:s

I already have all the La Mariposa ones, so it's definitely Lisa. Strange that they didn't separate out Bass and Mr. Strong the same way.

I've also definitely got all the "Great" and "Greatest" with everyone, so I guess I better start mashing buttons at the end of matches.

I think I may stop playing for a bit, whilst I'm only a couple of days in. Instead I'll go back to Vanilla and finish off some stuff there. Still haven't unlocked Alpha, the 3 special swimsuits... hell, I never even went online AT ALL.

I'll unlock as much as I can over the course of a week or so, and then come back to Ultimate with more unlocked from the start and maybe dip my toe in the online pool too.

Top Bottom