• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

GrayFoxPL

Did Tecmo go to war with Europe?

Game is still unavailable in my country, at least our version of ebay.

Nothing on psn. Wtf?

Jinjo

Did Tecmo go to war with Europe?

Game is still unavailable in my country, at least our version of ebay.

Nothing on psn. Wtf?

The one game I want a day-one digital for and it's not available. Apparently it will take "a few weeks". By then I'll be knee-deep in other games. I probably won't pick it up 'till a costume-bundle or pricedrop now. You dropped the ball Tecmo, all of the balls. European balls.

GrayFoxPL

The one game I want a day-one digital for and it's not available. Apparently it will take "a few weeks". By then I'll be knee-deep in other games. I probably won't pick it up 'till a costume-bundle or pricedrop now. You dropped the ball Tecmo, all of the balls. European balls.

True, true.

Finally did all the lessons ... it's kinda easy with 2 or 3 moments when i swear the game was against me...

Online here i come .....

Where is everyone on ranked ??? ( PS3 EU ? ) Is it because core fighter is unavailable ???

Mesharey

Finally did all the lessons ... it's kinda easy with 2 or 3 moments when i swear the game was against me...

Online here i come .....

Where is everyone on ranked ??? ( PS3 EU ? ) Is it because core fighter is unavailable ???
Use tag match, currently they're working to fix solo match because it takes a long time to find a player.

Use tag match, currently they're working to fix solo match because it takes a long time to find a player.

Tag match i found some people but they were quite powerfull
i finally settled for a nice lobby match with a nice Lisa player ( i had a good time ).
Then i went in Arcade i played by throwdown challenges.

Taken from Fighting Games Weekly:

BT6lBttCYAEQN_4.jpg:large

I'm sure some of you have already seen it, but I must have missed it earlier today. Really cool of TN, more games should try to do something like this.

I saw that earlier, too, and thought it was pretty cool.

I finally got all of Bayman's costumes <3 I like almost all of them, which is awesome on a dude character.

I keep fumbling with the buttons on the stick still. It's pretty disheartening, but I know I just have to stick with it (no pun intended). My main thing is that I can't alternate very well between attacking and guarding, and it's a real problem. Sometimes when I want to guard I hit throw instead and it's annoying. I even changed the button layout to make it easier (which it did), but I still fumble. I don't even want to attempt online yet.

I finally got all of Bayman's costumes <3 I like almost all of them, which is awesome on a dude character.
Bayman is love.

He FINALLY got some attractive costumes this time, instead of just a constant rehash of army/military motifs. Plus, they made his classic scuba outfit look not stupid.

Now just give him a real swimsuit, and I'll be set.

Skilletor

Eh, I doubt turnout will improve from advertising a tournament most of the player base may not be able to make, but nice I guess.

More exposure to the game is always a good thing. Maybe people don't know about streaming or that there are DoA tourneys out there. Now they might tune in. It's a good thing.

s_mirage

Man, DOA5U would look really good with AA and 1080p. Like a bullshot, only real.

This is why I've been hoping in vain for a PC port. Don't get me wrong, I love DOA 5 but its graphics are really crying out to be seen without a fistful of jaggies. Maybe the arcade version will satisfy me (although that graphics card's not exactly a powerhouse).

So how does Survival mode work then?

As I understand it, every 10th opponent acts like a beefed up "boss mode" version of themselves, but do the previous 9 all run at the same difficulty?

Also, is Legendary all set at the same difficulty, or does the difficulty level increase every 10 fights?

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Just joined a lobby where everyone had mics. Proceeded to pick Tina and Rachel and immediately heard "Nahh Fuck them Grabbing ass Bitches!!"

I won

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
More exposure to the game is always a good thing. Maybe people don't know about streaming or that there are DoA tourneys out there. Now they might tune in. It's a good thing.

I guess. But given how the "FGC" is toward the game? I doubt anything will change, but I'm cynical so don't expect me to roll over on "oh, they're advertising something that may get a low turnout for the game. Meh."

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
This is why I've been hoping in vain for a PC port. Don't get me wrong, I love DOA 5 but its graphics are really crying out to be seen without a fistful of jaggies. Maybe the arcade version will satisfy me (although that graphics card's not exactly a powerhouse).

Better ground textures and color mods?

Skilletor

I guess. But given how the "FGC" is toward the game? I doubt anything will change, but I'm cynical so don't expect me to roll over on "oh, they're advertising something that may get a low turnout for the game. Meh."

I gives a shit. This is a good thing. Seriously, you're worse than Eeyore.

TheSeks

Better ground textures and color mods?

s/color/nude

Maybe then we'd get to see Rig's tattoos under the curtain.

@Skilletor: The thing is: Advertising it in game is all well and good, but advertising it to the community at large? I haven't seen any talks on local channels/groups online mentioning this tournament. Then again they're strongly Capcom fighter focused to the point where things like DOA and 3D fighters in general are ignored so I shouldn't be surprised.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
I'm trying to get a title for Rachel and the requirement is to hit a Power Blow after a Critical Burst. Can anyone do this? I can never get it to connect, heck I can't even connect the Power Blow with no charge.

I'm trying to get a title for Rachel and the requirement is to hit a Power Blow after a Critical Burst. Can anyone do this? I can never get it to connect, heck I can't even connect the Power Blow with no charge.

You actually need to put your opponent in critical stun and then do a powerblow

Critical stun => critical burst => powerblow
That way you'll have enough time to put the powerblow ..otherwise the computer will just block or counter your attempt.

I gives a shit. This is a good thing. Seriously, you're worse than Eeyore.

it's a sad thing.

because team ninja dog is trying really hard, and FGC shits all over them. Okay- how else can you explain tecmo/team ninja on the sponsors lists for an event. they even allowed DOA5U to be played there before release...and players, commentators STILL clowning on the game. i saw that on twitch like 2-3 weeks ago.

i turned that stuff off because it was messed up.

TheSeks

it's a sad thing.

because team ninja dog is trying really hard, and FGC shits all over them. Okay- how else can you explain tecmo/team ninja on the sponsors lists for an event. they even allowed DOA5U to be played there before release...and players, commentators STILL clowning on the game. i saw that on twitch like 2-3 weeks ago.

But I'm "Eeyore" for thinking this won't change and I "know nothing of the FGC" because I've been out of it for years on the fringes because shit like this drove me away.

*cough cough*

Skilletor

it's a sad thing.

I don't think this game is worth entering tournaments for and I love the game. That's neither here nor there for me. The game is worth shitting on from a competitive standpoint, imo, but even if it wasn't, it's up to the DoA community to get out and show that it's worth taking seriously.

I'm just saying that a videogame endorsing and using fighting games as a platform to advertise community is a great thing.

But I'm "Eeyore" for thinking this won't change and I "know nothing of the FGC" because I've been out of it for years on the fringes because shit like this drove me away.

*cough cough*

You guys...jesus christ.

this game is the first before sf4/marvel at tfc. it doesn't get much better than that unless you seriously expect to's to actually put this game after sf4/marvel. or you seriously expect capcom players to play or support this/your game.

i don't honestly remember any bad things about reception with this game when it was first played at majors. it certainly didn't seem to fare noteably worse at capcom-biased events than tttt2, vf5, sc5, or even capcom's own sfxt if you wanna go that far.

Vade

Are both Sarah's power blow and burst extremely situational? I cannot find a way to fit them into any of her gameplay. Her flamingo for baiting and counter blows is still solid, but if you are not completely in the flow and playing full rush down it is over.

She just does not seem to be able to utilize the comeback mechanic they put in, which is fine just wish they could compensate her.

Skilletor

Are both Sarah's power blow and burst extremely situational? I cannot find a way to fit them into any of her gameplay. Her flamingo for baiting and counter blows is still solid, but if you are not completely in the flow and playing full rush down it is over.

She just does not seem to be able to utilize the comeback mechanic they put in, which is fine just wish they could compensate her.

At the point where you can critical burst, it's probably better with Sarah just to go for a normal juggle. She has really beefy juggles that start with midkicks. Once you train your opponent to look for the midkick, then you're all gravy to try and mix in a CB (mid punch) for some PB action.

Hmmm. This is on the GoD homepage on 360, but you can't buy it. Do they normally do that for games that only have DLC available? Or is this a sign the game will actually be on GoD in a few days?

DR2K

Banned
Patch is up, fixes single player ranked and a few glitches. Also makes it easier to unlock costumes in the Core fighter.

Skilletor

Patch is up, fixes single player ranked and a few glitches. Also makes it easier to unlock costumes in the Core fighter.

Sweet. Maybe I'll get to try online.

Played with a friend online. It said it was 4 bars, but it felt pretty bad. Couldn't counter or block very well at all.

TheSeks

I wanna see those glitches. According to patch notes it sent people flying on wrong ways.

Top Bottom