• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Thanks for noticing.

you're welcome.

Just got my game in the mail , played a couple of minutes ..( what 10 % trophies already ??? ) and then proceeded to install the game after deleting my DOA install because the loading are annoying with the disc .. i like the instant part of DAO5...

Then ONline i guess ?? ( i might go for the tutorial in order to wake up my DAO5 memories a little )

The hot getaway pack is the one where the girls dont wear shoes IIRC.
IMO, they look much worse shoeless, and I regret spending $20 on it.
Check out some youtube vide of the costumes, before deciding to spend the money, is my recommendation.

Hrm, yeah the feet to look a little odd. I wonder why they did that. Seems like more work than just giving them shoes.

Still, I like the suits better than in the other pack and it's only $13 now. I just don't know if it'll work with DOA5U since I already did the save conversion. Don't want to delete my progress either, because I've unlocked all of 5U's outfits.

Can someone give me some tips for lesson 18.1 ?
I 'm angry right now .... i can't seems to input forward backward Throw with the right timing...
What am i doing wrong??
is this a long input ? do i have to charge the forward or the backward ? i'm lost ...

Everytime i try to do the move i either do a 360 (wrong )
or she does the regular backward throw ...what am i missing ? i hate throw in this game....

The End

So uh

have they patched the matchmaking issues?

I've left throwdown on every time i play core, but not a single match

meanwhile, i'm very tempted to throw the $26 I got on the injustice trade-in towards this.

Hubb

So uh

have they patched the matchmaking issues?

I've left throwdown on every time i play core, but not a single match

meanwhile, i'm very tempted to throw the $26 I got on the injustice trade-in towards this.

Singles still seem slow/messed up. Tag is pretty fast for me (or was last night). Might not be the answer you are looking for but lobbies have been very populated the last two days if you want to jump in one.

VariantX

Can someone give me some tips for lesson 18.1 ?
I 'm angry right now .... i can't seems to input forward backward Throw with the right timing...
What am i doing wrong??
is this a long input ? do i have to charge the forward or the backward ? i'm lost ...

Everytime i try to do the move i either do a 360 (wrong )
or she does the regular backward throw ...what am i missing ? i hate throw in this game....

It's a quick, smooth input if I could best describe the initial part of the throw. The rest of the combo is just piss easy and all you literally have to do is wait until the "COMBO THROW" text show up and enter the next input then.

Hrm, yeah the feet to look a little odd. I wonder why they did that. Seems like more work than just giving them shoes.

Still, I like the suits better than in the other pack and it's only $13 now. I just don't know if it'll work with DOA5U since I already did the save conversion. Don't want to delete my progress either, because I've unlocked all of 5U's outfits.

You'll be fine. The DLC detection isn't even an import, it's a straight up folder detection for DOA5 if you bought it as DOA5 DLC. I had a few of the cheerleader outfits not downloaded previously because of how the download queue limits the number of downloads and the way the pack adds them to the queue for background downloading (seriously? why force DOA5+ too?) and downloaded them separately to make sure they showed up.

The "issue" I mentioned before was more to keep people from going to download a previously bought DLC item and inadvertently purchasing the outfit again since it's listed under a 3rd title and apparently the license for DOA5U doesn't carry over from DOA5/+ in the store.

TL;DR
Download any previously bought DOA5 DLC as the DOA5 entry and you'll be fine for DOA5U.

It's a quick, smooth input if I could best describe the initial part of the throw. The rest of the combo is just piss easy and all you literally have to do is wait until the "COMBO THROW" text show up and enter the next input then.

Thanks i did it ...i went away 3 hours and did it rihgt after 2 tries .. thanks again

For thesame reason i HATE lesson 32.8..
i really hate those kind of inputs

Celcius

°Temp. member
Only 2 trophies away from the platinum. The "combo challenge" and "complete all lessons" trophies seem impossible for me :(

Only 2 trophies away from the platinum. The "combo challenge" and "complete all lessons" trophies seem impossible for me :(

i've started with the lesson one ( to be done it it first )

i'm 4 lesson from the trophy the tag combo throws..it's doable but damn if it's not frustrating at times.

They did a terrible job with the bare feet.
I think they were trying to present more of a "day at the beach" image by going bare foot. The shoes/heels had more of a stripper or runway model implication, IMO (which is one reason why I preferred it).
Also, maybe there was vocal part of the community with a foot fetish in Japan, that TN listened to?

TL;DR
Download any previously bought DOA5 DLC as the DOA5 entry and you'll be fine for DOA5U.

Okay great, thanks for the clarification. I'll probably hold off on buying anything until I see what's going on with the Japanese CE stuff, but the Hot Getaway pack is high on my want list.

Edit: Nevermind, Japanese stuff is out, yay!

They did a terrible job with the bare feet.
I think they were trying to present more of a "day at the beach" image by going bare foot. The shoes/heels had more of a stripper or runway model implication, IMO (which is one reason why I preferred it).
Also, maybe there was vocal part of the community with a foot fetish in Japan, that TN listened to?

Heh. If that's the case theater mode in future titles is going to be bizzzzzzzarre.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Soo... I've been trying to unlock more victory poses for the movie player, but it seems the game perhaps detects if you are playing against the computer in the easiest difficulty setting, and thus only gives you the same pose over and over and over and over again for a character you are using... OR MAYBE winning pose is based on the amount of health left, OR MAYBE based on the ones your character you are facing? (Ayane's "I am sorry" victory pose only appear for me after fighting Hayate)

Uhhhhhrgh.

Btw, Hitomi's new hairstyle makes her the cutest girl of the bunch.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Leifang, Hitomi, and Helena's new swimsuits are great. I approve. Momiji's and Rachel's are nice too. Even if Momiji's is the same as Hitomi's first one :x

Hitomi's combo challenge is really easy imo.

I hope they can give Ein some good DLC costumes down the line. I like his default outfit well enough (though it's annoying having to remove the sunglasses every time) but the gi is really bland and I have no idea what they were thinking with that third outfit. I can't picture anyone actually using that thing.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I haven't unlocked the third outfit yet but if it's the fishnet: That's been standard for ages in the series.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ah, the jail-one. Yeah, that's been standard since DOA2.

Mesharey

So is there a place that shows what DLC looks like? I want to see if there is anything worth using some free credit on.
http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/ultimate/us/home.html#dlc
There's also this one:
http://8wayrun.com/threads/dead-or-alive-5-ultimate.8227/page-252
Soo... I've been trying to unlock more victory poses for the movie player, but it seems the game perhaps detects if you are playing against the computer in the easiest difficulty setting, and thus only gives you the same pose over and over and over and over again for a character you are using... OR MAYBE winning pose is based on the amount of health left, OR MAYBE based on the ones your character you are facing? (Ayane's "I am sorry" victory pose only appear for me .
After the match and before victory pose try to press different buttons, each one gives a different victory pose.
Also, great, greatest, and playing against certain characters (Bayman vs. Leon) gives a different one.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
I have an Amazon Preorder code, if anyone wants to trade for Gamestop, pm me.

I hope they can give Ein some good DLC costumes down the line. I like his default outfit well enough (though it's annoying having to remove the sunglasses every time) but the gi is really bland and I have no idea what they were thinking with that third outfit. I can't picture anyone actually using that thing.

How do you remove the damn sunglasses? It's not right with them and I haven't been able to figure out the button for it. :/

EDIT: Oh, and I hope his DOA Dimensions bomber jacket gets in. That was baller.

How do you remove the damn sunglasses? It's not right with them and I haven't been able to figure out the button for it. :/

EDIT: Oh, and I hope his DOA Dimensions bomber jacket gets in. That was baller.

Just hold left or right on the D-pad when selecting the costume and it will remove the sunglasses.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
After the match and before victory pose try to press different buttons, each one gives a different victory pose.
Also, great, greatest, and playing against certain characters (Bayman vs. Leon) gives a different one.

What?

Mindblown.

So I just button mash then after winning but before the victory pose scene launch?

What?

Mindblown.

So I just button mash then after winning but before the victory pose scene launch?

Only if there's an alternate (some only have 3 victory poses).

Don't button mash, hold one of the face buttons as soon as you defeat them.

Also;

Great (flawed 1st round, perfect second round)
Greatest (2 perfect rounds)
Character specific matchups (Ayane Vs. Hayabusa or Hayate, Leon Vs. Bayman... couple more I think)
Story Mode (there are at least 2, Hitomi's fight against Elliot and Ayane's fight against Bayman).

Have a look at the viewer. If there's only 3 to unlock then it's Great, Greatest and one standard pose. If there's 4 or 5 then it will either be an additional pose by holding a button, a special matchup or a story specific matchup.

Why is this out everywhere but Australia? Another two weeks? C'mon. I'll lose interest by then.

Yeah, its pretty damn annoying.
My guess is, someone, somewhere stuffed up :mad:

Only if there's an alternate (some only have 3 victory poses).

Don't button mash, hold one of the face buttons as soon as you defeat them.

Can you force the below win pose to kick in?
In vanilla DoA5, you could only see this win pose, when you won a perfect final round.

ibnXb3ltcvMfEc.gif

Ninjimbo

Can anyone explain to me why Pai's holds deal shit damage? Even in vanilla DOA 5.
Because they wanted to keep it true to VF5? I don't use Pai in DOA. In VF5 though, Pai's reversals leave her with a significant advantage over her opponent despite doing little damage.

Top Bottom