• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Download the PS3 versions on your download list. If they aren't there, take a screenshot of your downlist and give your PSN ID to Tecmo-Koei's support number/e-mail to fix because cross-buy is broken for you.
The PS3 versions are there but it says they are 99 cents each.

EDIT: The vita versions are in my download list.I was confused by what you meant by download list at first.

So, I'm watching a stream of this and I need to have it. Badly.

One important question: do the men have any costumes to unlock that have them shirtless and/or otherwise have them show upper body skin? Or do I really have to buy DLC costumes for that? And I mean multiple dudes, not just Ein.

Second: did they add a bunch more music this time around? I remember 5's soundtrack being kind of blah, but I've been hearing the music on the stream and it's pretty damn good. Remixes?

The netcode seems pretty damn good in this lobby on the stream. Is that the norm, usually? I'll take the occasional laggy match if it's usually pretty decent
I play Brawl online just fine.

The price and all the content make me want to bite soon.

Mesharey

So, I'm watching a stream of this and I need to have it. Badly.

One important question: do the men have any costumes to unlock that have them shirtless and/or otherwise have them show upper body skin? Or do I really have to buy DLC costumes for that? And I mean multiple dudes, not just Ein.

Second: did they add a bunch more music this time around? I remember 5's soundtrack being kind of blah, but I've been hearing the music on the stream and it's pretty damn good. Remixes?

The netcode seems pretty damn good in this lobby on the stream. Is that the norm, usually? I'll take the occasional laggy match if it's usually pretty decent
I play Brawl online just fine.

The price and all the content make me want to bite soon.
1. Yes, they all have one (except Leon, Eliot, Gen Fu and Jacky if I remember correctly).
2. Many soundtracks from DOA 2,3 and 4 (1 track from DOA1) are in the game.
3. Netcode is really good this time.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The PS3 versions are there but it says they are 99 cents each.

EDIT: The vita versions are in my download list.I was confused by what you meant by download list at first.

Then cross-buy is broken. Again: Take a screenshot of your download list and your PSN-ID and give them to Tecmo-Koei because they need to fix it.

Skilletor

Two questions regarding Jann Lee:

1. When do you B, F + B on the 360, the dragon kick won't come out by mistake, right? I don't know why that kept happening. Was never an issue in DOA4.

2. Does his UB+B launch like it used to in DOA4?

What is B on default settings? Kick? Yes, it launches, but don't remember the properties in doa4. I'm sure it's better in this game because launchers in general are better in this than on doa4.

I've never had an issue with getting his dragon kick, so can't answer that.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
What's up with Jan Lee and Hitomi being unlocked?
I never bought them, but I can play with them suddenly?
I thought you could only play with the ninjas.

Ninja Dom

This. People acting like it isn't a ninja fest online in a game by team Ninja with the ninja(s) from Ninja Gaiden. Lol

Hah, yeah nice.

On a completely different note, any Ninja Gaiden players see this game on Android/iOS? Only available in Japan.

Ninja Gaiden of 1 million people

iTunes link http://itunes.apple.com/app/id569077061

I haven't got DOA5U yet so just checking the screenshots on the official website. What happened to Rachel's ass?? Or lack of it?

e4434aa47fd4d70878862f3b62904ac7_zpsf2c2abb2.jpg

ShinMaruku

Rachel's ass was always that flat. Only 5 characters from Japanese games have asses. Mai R Mika,Bayonetta ,Mathilde and Sasha.

Skilletor

Exhibition mode is the most brilliant thing ever in a fighter, btw. Seriously. Access to everything without needing to play single player modes I have no interest in playing? Victory.

Skilletor

I'd dare say this is a better upgrade than SF4AE was.

I dislike the way they animate, but momiji and rachel are both awesome characters. Ein got a new move. The new bound state stuff gives more opportunities for damage... I am for real digging this game right now.

I might agree. Need to play a bit more.

Here's hoping that the arcade version offers a type of AE 2013 update opportunity. Especially since it's getting a new character.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I just fought someone with a 96-win streak in ranked tag matches. Needless to say, I added one more to their streak :(

90% of games i see are tag, which sucks for me because i can't be bothered to learn a second character.

considering buying leon. from what i read, he has good midrange tools. i wish they gave free training mode at least. hate goin in blind :(

ShinMaruku

Not been on Core Fighters much, so what is this new 'bound' stuff you speak of? Thanks.

Bounds are basically attacks that make your oppenents upper area bounce from the ground allowing you to continue your combo. A bound that allows Mila to get to a wall in tag is dangerous.

Bounds are basically attacks that make your oppenents upper area bounce from the ground allowing you to continue your combo. A bound that allows Mila to get to a wall in tag is dangerous.

Ah thanks, I know what you mean now! I remember seeing this in videos and thinking "this was never in vanilla." It looked really unnatural and weird they way they bounced up in slow-mo, almost.

So far everything has been such an improvement. It honestly feels closer to VF like I was hoping vanilla would be, without BEING VF.

Momiji is everything I was hoping.
Letting me change the music around for some of the better music from 2 and 3 is superb.
Combo challenges are ALWAYS fun.

Veggy

The online has been great for me so far. It's a noticeable improvement over vanilla. The only problem is solo ranked matchmaking but they say tyey're working on it.

Great to hear, my copy should be arriving on Tuesday. Should pass some time until GTAV is out haha

Grisby

Kind of weird playing all these tag matches. On the plus side I'm using Tina to round out my Mila. The wrestling duo rides again.

Mesharey

Can't say specifically right now, because I'm at work, but off the top of my head:

1 of Jan Lee's
2 of Ayane's
1 or 2 of Hitomi's
1 of Sarah's
1 of Pai's

That's all I can remember for the moment.
Hitomi has one in story mode, I think Jann Lee too.

For Sarah try to press K before the pose, each button gives a different one.

AlStrong

Can't say specifically right now, because I'm at work, but off the top of my head:

1 of Jan Lee's
2 of Ayane's
1 or 2 of Hitomi's
1 of Sarah's
1 of Pai's

Jan Lee is in story mode. You probably have to just fight Hayate with Ayane (Vs. match) and also fight Bayman in story mode (ice level). Try fighting Ein with Hitomi (Vs. Match), edit: yeah it was story mode for Hitomi - I forgot I mentioned it earlier in the thread. XD

Sarah - Fight Jacky.

Pai... can't remember. :p Might be a win pose with Leifang just to unlock it.

Jan Lee is in story mode. You probably have to just fight Hayate with Ayane and also fight Bayman in story mode (ice level). Try fighting Ein with Hitomi (Vs. Match).

Sarah - Fight Jacky.

Pai... can't remember. :p

I've done Hitomi Vs. Ein in a Vs. match and nothing special happened. Got her "V is for victory" finish.

I'm sure I've done Ayane Vs. Hayabusa and Ayane Vs. Hayate... or was it Kasumi? I forget. Best do them again tonight I spose.

I hate using Pai. She's the one character in the entire game (holds true for 5 Vanilla too) that I struggle with playing as and CONSISTENTLY have trouble fighting against. Akira and Jacky are similar, but no-where near as much trouble as Pai.

Gotta do what I gotta do, though.

Cheers for the help. If I'm still missing any I'll post the movie numbers after I get home.

AlStrong

I've done Hitomi Vs. Ein in a Vs. match and nothing special happened. Got her "V is for victory" finish.

derp, yeah, Hitomi's is in story mode (i got it after fighting Eliot, second fight of Part 40).

I hate using Pai. She's the one character in the entire game (holds true for 5 Vanilla too) that I struggle with playing as and CONSISTENTLY have trouble fighting against. Akira and Jacky are similar, but no-where near as much trouble as Pai.

Just do tag match vs com level 1? :D I'm only guessing though because I only ever used Pai during tag arcade just to unlock the costumes.

:)

Tecmo on twitter says digital version of DOA5U coming on EU PSN in "next few weeks." I've asked if that goes for Core Fighters as well, but no reply. I'm assuming it does.

Top Bottom