• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
You think they're going to give seasonals away for free. *chuckle*

You'll take your $5.99 Halloween pack and you'll like it.

Could anyone post up all the songs you get in the DOA2 and DOA3 packs, please? Can't seem to find a list anywhere, and don't have the full game to unlock them...

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
You actually need to put your opponent in critical stun and then do a powerblow

Critical stun => critical burst => powerblow
That way you'll have enough time to put the powerblow ..otherwise the computer will just block or counter your attempt.

Is there a specific move I should use to put them in Critical Stun? I tried a few and I still can't get the Power Blow to connect, they just fall over before I can hit them.

Skilletor

Is there a specific move I should use to put them in Critical Stun? I tried a few and I still can't get the Power Blow to connect, they just fall over before I can hit them.

Most moves on counter hit will put them into critical and then, while in critical, you use moves to extend. There is no specific or best combination to use. If you do the same move twice in a row during a critical stun, you'll knock the opponent down or away.

You also don't want to use a powerblow before a critical burst. It's too slow and won't connect/will get countered.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So I sent an email to tecmo customer support about my cross buy being broken. how long did it typically take them to respond?

How much?

Shouldn't take more than a week at most. Depending on how slammed they are, but they don't work weekends so take that into account.

JordanN

Banned
You almost had a wall of DOA!
ibxWwHPlw76jZO.png

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Still takes fucking forever to find a ranked match. I get plenty of throw downs but searching is so slow.

Kumubou

So I decided to go through the Akira combos in training mode... and who thought it was a good idea to make his combos harder than his VF5:FS combos? Quadruple knee combos? Holy crap. Although the game lets you juggle 2P into FC 46P, which makes double palm enders a LOT easier.

Seijuro

Can I unlock costumes by playing online? read that somewhere, seems to be unconfirmed though.... Or is grinding through the single player modes the only way?

Man, how the fuck do you do Jan Lee's Power launcher combo in the combo challenge? I seriously just miss the final punch in PPP -> P! AND IT'S THE LAST MOVE. Arrrgh.

And fuck diagonals. I always feel like I hit them perfectly, but NOPE. You hit a side, motherfucker. Apparently. So irritating when it happens in these combo challenges. Especially the tag ones.

Anyway, I feel proud of this, just because I like using Bayman and I'm usually bad at most combo challenge stuff.

And just because:

Rig and Jan seem fun, but some of their combos are so easy to mess up because of how fast you have to be.

Can't wait for next-gen DOA :p

So I decided to go through the Akira combos in training mode... and who thought it was a good idea to make his combos harder than his VF5:FS combos? Quadruple knee combos? Holy crap. Although the game lets you juggle 2P into FC 46P, which makes double palm enders a LOT easier.

gave up at early HT into 466PK. i don't want to break my hands.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Man, how the fuck do you do Jan Lee's Power launcher combo in the combo challenge? I seriously just miss the final punch in PPP -> P! AND IT'S THE LAST MOVE. Arrrgh.

And fuck diagonals. I always feel like I hit them perfectly, but NOPE. You hit a side, motherfucker. Apparently. So irritating when it happens in these combo challenges. Especially the tag ones.

Anyway, I feel proud of this, just because I like using Bayman and I'm usually bad at most combo challenge stuff.

And just because:

Rig and Jan seem fun, but some of their combos are so easy to mess up because of how fast you have to be.

Can't wait for next-gen DOA :p

Next-gen DOA will play like current-gen DOA which plays like last gen DOA.

xion4360

Momiji is intermediate but she's hard to master I think. She has some great stuns and juggles. And she has great movement.

I think she's pretty easy to learn. I tried her for just a little while and got okay with her.

Next-gen DOA will play like current-gen DOA which plays like last gen DOA.

thats not true.. Ive played DOA for a long time. There was more notable change in 5 than between 2-3-4.

gave up at early HT into 466PK. i don't want to break my hands.

I think Eliot's is the one with the least completion on my part, because of his repeated palm hit's...what a pain.

xion4360

keep entering into tag rooms coming up as single during search... they need to fix this.

EDIT-Shoot didn't notice my post was last, sorry.

Top Bottom