• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

branny

So, I've been out of the loop for a while and haven't really been keeping up with DOA5U like at all despite my love for the series. I just tried the Core Fighters thing and feel like the game seemed somehow more energetic than vanilla. It's almost as if stuff feels faster or maybe the camera's shaking effects are enhanced or something. Am I imagining this? I've been playing boring games lately, so I could just be remembering wrong.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I don't really pay attention to the DOA community -outside of GAF, of course- are people calling Rachel broken, or is this just due to Lopedo (sp) winning The Fall Classic with her?

I played one ranked match against this guy. It was a lagfest, but even then all he did was mash the punch button with Akira, so I won by blocking and retaliating with basic combos or parrying. And man, was he SALTY, lol. (Note- he is responding to me taunting at the end of the last match)

26Bx4Ch.jpg
pMFaqAQ.jpg

iMW8L5j.jpg
YPiNFpw.jpg

M04xRUK.jpg

Reminds me of the good ol' days of vanilla SF4, when the hatemail came by the truckload.

IconGrist

Reminds me of a Lisa player I encountered playing Ranked on the vanilla version. I beat him with my Mila pretty convincingly. He sent me a message calling me trash for using so many takedowns and said I couldn't beat him playing his main. So he creates a lobby and I accept his invitation. He picks Jann Lee and again I beat him. He's on his mic screaming at me and we go again. This time, I do nothing but randomly throw standard kicks out. Obviously he beats me and he's hootin' and hollerin' calling me a bitch and telling me how skilled he is. Ugh, if it wasn't so sad I might have been somewhat entertained.

I've received no hatemail in Ultimate though so that was nice.

Lyte Edge

Reminds me of a Lisa player I encountered playing Ranked on the vanilla version. I beat him with my Mila pretty convincingly. He sent me a message calling me trash for using so many takedowns and said I couldn't beat him playing his main. So he creates a lobby and I accept his invitation. He picks Jann Lee and again I beat him. He's on his mic screaming at me and we go again. This time, I do nothing but randomly throw standard kicks out. Obviously he beats me and he's hootin' and hollerin' calling me a bitch and telling me how skilled he is. Ugh, if it wasn't so sad I might have been somewhat entertained.

I've received no hatemail in Ultimate though so that was nice.

LOL, I don't care if I'm getting my ass beat...I'm usually laughing my ass off if someone gets so upset that they plug in a mic and start screaming! One time in TTT2 I responded to guy's hate mail with the Bison SF2 live action movie "what was the greatest match of your life was just Saturday for me" line, then ran into him again in a match. He plugged in a mic and raged "JUST SATURDAY HUH!? JUST SATURDAY HUH MOTHERFUCKER!?!?" I burst out laughing and still won anyway.

The last series of messages I had with someone in DOA5U was the exact opposite of what just happened, too- the guy sent me a GG message and ended up sending a friend request.

Josephl64

Transitioning from Hitomi to Ayane probably helped you learn her better.

ah, that might explain it...either way I'm probably pretty rusty seeing as I haven't played DOA in several months until now.

Also about that other guy...I'm surprised he even got to the rank he did. Also, if you were that good, you wouldn't complain about other characters and just try to adapt to the situation...

Lyte Edge

By the way, are you guys all playing on 360? I never see anyone on PSN...

I try to get hatemail and have never gotten any.

I'm not even trying, I swear! I guess some people just find my play style, in all games, annoying. XD

Niitris

I love the salt. I don't get enough of it though, even when I taunt obviously bad opponents. :(

So, I've been out of the loop for a while and haven't really been keeping up with DOA5U like at all despite my love for the series. I just tried the Core Fighters thing and feel like the game seemed somehow more energetic than vanilla. It's almost as if stuff feels faster or maybe the camera's shaking effects are enhanced or something. Am I imagining this? I've been playing boring games lately, so I could just be remembering wrong.

Team Ninja actually received flak for that; that's why some of the new stages are "brighter." Also, they gave the option to use previous game's music after the negative reception from 5 vanilla's OST.

IconGrist

The last series of messages I had with someone in DOA5U was the exact opposite of what just happened, too- the guy sent me a GG message and ended up sending a friend request.

Yea, I've had a few "gg" messages in DOA5U. I send them from time to time as well if I just simply get outplayed. I'm not great at the game or anything but I can hold my own well enough.

Theres only one guy I ever play, here in Aus (the online is completely dead here).
He won about 80% of the games we played on the weekend and still put this message in the lobby... "stop running away OMG".
Some people are never happy.

xion4360

I get salty messages and I just reply "GG" and block them for a couple hours.

Oh and I dont particularly have a problem with rachel, the thing with her is she has limited strings but she gets you off the ground pretty quickly, and her stomp can be an issue if you dont tech roll well.

Only one I like is Tina's. Which is fortunate since she's my fave. Disappointed by the Rachel outfit, she's my second fave and I only like 2 of her outfits. :(

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
I don't really pay attention to the DOA community -outside of GAF, of course- are people calling Rachel broken, or is this just due to Lopedo (sp) winning The Fall Classic with her?

I played one ranked match against this guy. It was a lagfest, but even then all he did was mash the punch button with Akira, so I won by blocking and retaliating with basic combos or parrying. And man, was he SALTY, lol. (Note- he is responding to me taunting at the end of the last match)

Reminds me of the good ol' days of vanilla SF4, when the hatemail came by the truckload.

People been calling her broken since release in lobbies I've been in and on PJS stream. She's good but definitely not broken imo.

Also for hatemail I usually just say, "Love you too."

That sends them over the deep end for some reason and get a barrage of crazy hatemail after.

Is there some secret to Hayate's super crazy throw? 41236T, 6482T, 9173T. I'm using a PS3 controller and I can barely get the second part down. It's got me stumped in the combo challenge. ;_;

Josephl64

I have fought against a ton of Jann Lee's in this game. Almost every other match. I have gotten quite could at beating Jann players because of it, lol.

yeah I can see how that will hurt me in the future...but for me, everybody uses Rig so I am getting pretty good at reading him

IconGrist

I feel like I'm living in an alternate reality now, but yeah his kick range is pretty decent and that was what I had to first catch onto

Lol we are having two different experiences online. I see Ayane more than anyone though and I haven't gotten any better at stopping her from handing me my ass.

Josephl64

Lol we are having two different experiences online. I see Ayane more than anyone though and I haven't gotten any better at stopping her from handing me my ass.

*tries to hide the fact that Ayane is one of my 2 mains* ...but that is something we do see in common. I am getting good at beating other Ayanes because of it

Dantis

Kasumi's and Hitomi's new DLC outfits are nice. Momiji's is disappointing (GOTTA GET THAT COSTUME SWAP IN, HUH TN?). Don't care much for Kokoro's, but it's neat at least that they've put her old uniform in, rather than cheaping out like they did before.

What the hell is wrong with me!?

I used to be reasonable at this game, but I was struggling so I decided to go back to DoA5 Vanilla to unlock a few more titles and Alpha and then restart DoA5U while it was still only a few days old. Well, I've gone back and done a shitload that I hadn't bothered with before (all command training was a bitch, especially Sarahs!) and then noticed I'd barely touched Arcade, Time Trial and Survival so I thought I'd give them a go.

I've been getting creamed in Arcade and Time Trial equally, but still managed to complete up to Hardcore with the help of a metric shit ton of continues. Survival is another story altogether though. I can't even get past Easy!!! best I've done is 15 fights.

I feel like such a failure despite everything else I've been through over the past few days. It's really depressing.

Played a few matches online and managed to win some.

Man, my execution goes to shit in a real fight :( I know what combos I want to do, but my mind and fingers don't agree sometimes. I look like such a scrub (which I am, admittedly). This is why I'm bad at fighters but continue to buy them anyway.

Anyone want to help me train Bayman? My PSN is dragonlife29. I'll know you're from GAF 'cause I don't get friend requests, haha.

I fought an Ayane and I was pretty much her little bitch. I couldn't really get in and attack, and the rare times I did... one-two hits are what came out and nothing resembling a combo existed. 2fast4me

Dantis

So the ingame news feed is saying that the new DLC is out. UK doesn't even have the last pack. It'll be ages until we get this one.

Complete shambles. They really need simultaneous releases.

Also, it refers to them as 'naughty uniforms'. If someone told TN that a thick winter coat counts as 'naughty'... well...

Also it looks like Momiji is wearing a thong. Not sure why, but that seems unusual to me.

Top Bottom