• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Ninja Dom

I find it comical when people who play KOF poo-poo doa's perviness when they have King and Mai....

Gotta love Mai's bounce. And Yuki & King's clothes ripping off when they get KO'd in KOF 94 & 95.

Besides, Mai and Momiji look a bit similar. Except for the outfits. Right?

Skilletor

I think she's pretty easy to learn. I tried her for just a little while and got okay with her.

thats not true.. Ive played DOA for a long time. There was more notable change in 5 than between 2-3-4.

I think Eliot's is the one with the least completion on my part, because of his repeated palm hit's...what a pain.

She looks super fun.

xion4360

Is the ps3 or 360 version better? Or are they pretty much the same?

mostly the same. In story mode cutscenes there are a few times on 360 where there will be some screentearing and framedrops that dont happen on ps3. The 360 version has a far more convenient method of listing your saved replays. Thats the differences of note.

thejpfin

Core Fighters (f2p version) isn't even out on EU PSN.

Yeah, had to get US Core Fighters version, but it didn't transfer costumes, titles etc... from vanilla DoA5 save (EU version).

Then I ordered the full DoA5 ultimate version, because I can't wait for f2p EU release.

Syrinx

Bought this today and have been playing through the story mode. Haven't played this series in a while (and I hardly play fighting games anyway), so it took some getting used to. I dunno what the consensus on the new fighters is, but I kinda like fighting as Mila.

Josephl64

Imported the Red & Blue edition, should be getting it in several days, for now I'll continue on the trek of 1000 online battles in vanilla

Timu

I only have Core Fighters, but I mainly use Kasumi, Tina, Lei Fang, Rachel, Momiji and Kokoro. Some pics I took with my hd capture card:

fc1d9158_MediaCaptureGame1X2013-09-0604-43-15-866.png

812d63b6_MediaCaptureGame1X2013-09-0604-46-29-392.png

IconGrist

Only 30 online fights away from the Platinum trophy. That Tutorial trophy was a headache though as I have very little experience with Hitomi.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Only 30 online fights away from the Platinum trophy. That Tutorial trophy was a headache though as I have very little experience with Hitomi.

Tell me about it. My thumb was in pain by the time I finished it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
how do you check how many fights online you've done ?

Player Data option in Extras.

Or at the main menu press square to open a mini info box.

Or online in player lobbies with "show fighter data" and highlight yourself.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
I was actually surprised how easy the combo challenges were. Ended up doing Hitomi, Kokoro and Helena for shits n giggles. The execution in this game ain't nothin.' :)

..except for Kokoro's 214T-4T-46T. I can only do that like 30% of the time. :p

IconGrist

Finally got the Platinum and I realized I have no intention of ever playing this online again except against friends. Core Fighters just brings nothing but ninja after ninja in the online mode. I'm so sick of fighting Ayane it's unreal, lol.

Downloading the free version atm. I plan on buying the retail disc copy when its on sale, will the core fighters free version's save file be compatible?

Skilletor

Finally got the Platinum and I realized I have no intention of ever playing this online again except against friends. Core Fighters just brings nothing but ninja after ninja in the online mode. I'm so sick of fighting Ayane it's unreal, lol.

I played 10 games last night and saw only 1 ninja.

/shrug

Player Data option in Extras.

Or at the main menu press square to open a mini info box.

Or online in player lobbies with "show fighter data" and highlight yourself.

Since it said only "fight" i wasn't really sure it it was only the online fights or every fight actually.

xion4360

I was actually surprised how easy the combo challenges were. Ended up doing Hitomi, Kokoro and Helena for shits n giggles. The execution in this game ain't nothin.' :)

..except for Kokoro's 214T-4T-46T. I can only do that like 30% of the time. :p

Right.. now finish Eliot's combo challenge, or Gen Fu's, or Akira's and come say that again.

Yes, from core fighters to full version it will work, I'm not sure about retail disc copy but I think it will work.

I played core fighters before I got my retail disc and it read it as if it were the same thing.

santeesioux

Does renting the retail disc unlock anything in Core Fighters? I have Core Fighters installed, and the disc is supposed to come in the mail from Gamefly tomorrow. Will i like get all of the characters or something after i send it back?

DR2K

Banned
Does renting the retail disc unlock anything in Core Fighters? I have Core Fighters installed, and the disc is supposed to come in the mail from Gamefly tomorrow. Will i like get all of the characters or something after i send it back?

Nope.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Since it said only "fight" i wasn't really sure it it was only the online fights or every fight actually.

No, that mini-stat box should count ONLY online fights. The player data will count versus/offline rounds in the fight stats but it should separate the two as an offline/online tab in that menu.

Skilletor

I've decided Momiji will be my new main. I didn't watch TFC yet, but I expect it will do nothing but make me hype to play her. Her and Rachel are very cool. I still think they look out of place, but I can't deny they bring something to the DoA games.

ShinMaruku

I think they are great in Tag myself. I find getting critical bursts easier in tag which can allow for some NASTY combos. I am very pleased with this game.

Which characters are good for beginners? How hard is Momiji to learn?

Momiji is an intermediate character I think. Easier to play than Christie or Helena, but harder than a Hitmoi or Ein. So far it seems like she has some great tools for combos and is a tricky fighter to play against.

I think Jann Lee, Hitomi or Ein are good characters for beginners.

ShinMaruku

Ein teaches footsies. I suggest him definatly as well as Hitomi they have the tools to get them solid and teach you the game. My crazy ass too Ayane as a beginner but I played in doa2 (Skipped the last few because I was not buying a xbox for 1 game)

Thanks to the awesome showing at TFC, I finally got around to digging into Ultimate. The only problem I do have is Showdown, Dead or Alive or Rhyme Star are nowhere to be found in the custom music section. I shall have a go at Sarah since she's my main in VF and dig into some Hitomi after that.

Josephl64

Oh no. She is hella unsafe and some of her moves take some practice to learn. She's quite good at footsies though.

Oh, I started with Hitomi, then went to Ayane...I guess after using her for awhile, I just got so used to her mixups that I assumed she had to be extremely easy.

That being said...I still have to go back and practice with Hitomi for tag battle sakes

mao2

This might sound silly but I wish they added more items that you can pick up in Survival mode, and also the ability to view them like in DOA2HC.

ShinMaruku

Oh, I started with Hitomi, then went to Ayane...I guess after using her for awhile, I just got so used to her mixups that I assumed she had to be extremely easy.

That being said...I still have to go back and practice with Hitomi for tag battle sakes

Transitioning from Hitomi to Ayane probably helped you learn her better.

Top Bottom