• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Femto.

Anyone got tips on how to play Rachel?

I normally play speed characters in fighters but I really dig her fighting style.
I seem to do alright online, with winning and losing some matches.

I tend to start countering too early with her and end up being punished more than I should be.

Espada

Goddamn, Momiji is so fun to use. She's all acrobatic like the ninjas, but it much easier for me to track and use (the worst is Ayane, that girl is all over the place). I found a really easy combo that leads into a critical stun.

I'm slowly getting the hang of that, but I hate the MASH AND SPIN way of getting out of it.

So the ingame news feed is saying that the new DLC is out. UK doesn't even have the last pack. It'll be ages until we get this one.

Complete shambles. They really need simultaneous releases.

Also, it refers to them as 'naughty uniforms'. If someone told TN that a thick winter coat counts as 'naughty'... well...

Also it looks like Momiji is wearing a thong. Not sure why, but that seems unusual to me.

It's out on XBL, and is called "School Uniform Pack" and is £8.79.

There's also a free "Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Costume Catalog #02" (but curiously no Catalog #01).

Josephl64

wow forgot critical stuns and bursts were a thing again. Looks like that's one more thing I need to relearn how to do. Most of my victories just come from staying out of reach and slowly poking at my enemy every single time they get open

karasu

How in gods name do you stop people from rushing you and hitting you constantly?! My characters keep having this sever reaction to being struck where they crumple in slow motion and the opponent precedes to kick the shit out of me.

Dantis

Yup looks like Rachel can switch the jacket off.

I wonder if they'll add a customization mode for the arcade release. So many costumes you can mix and match.

Looks like you can maybe take Kasumi's scarf off too. The picture on the official site doesn't show it, but it's clearly in the video.

AlStrong

Kinda makes Ayane's outfit that much more "lazy". :/

New DLC outfits are lame. There is enough schoolgirl outfits in the game already.

I'm still waiting for more from the NG games. :] Lots of good ones (mostly NGS2/+), even if it's just for the 4 characters. :(

gr...
OyhTsbx.jpg

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Will gladly pay 5 bucks for Rachel's purple fiend costume. Make it happen TK

GrayFoxPL

Btw would you guys welcome in DOA customization like in VF or Tekken 6?

I honestly prefer "official" designed costumes but sometimes makers decisions of some costume elements piss me off then customs can be useful.

Mesharey

I don't want customization, but I want edit mode for colors and small accessories.

When I saw Rachel's costume I though that it's going to be good without the jacket, good thing you can remove it.

Btw would you guys welcome in DOA customization like in VF or Tekken 6?

I honestly prefer "official" designed costumes but sometimes makers decisions of some costume elements piss me off then customs can be useful.

I'd love it if DoA had customization. Moreso, if it was like SC5's.
Coming up with unique and cool looking outfits was heaps of fun. Most of my SC5 designs looked like the girls you see in Frank Frazetta art. Awesome :)
From a business standpoint, I think TN could do well from it. Instead of selling costumes, they could just sell a bunch of accessories for players to add to characters.

Niitris

I don't want customization, but I want edit mode for colors and small accessories.

This.

I'm not a fan of complete outfit customization. Just give me alternate hairstyles, accessories, and color edit, and I'm good.

I wouldn't have a problem with it though.

Squire

Banned

I wonder if they'll add a customization mode for the arcade release. So many costumes you can mix and match.

I think that's a pretty logical next step for DOA6. Works with an F2P structure, too.

I do think if they did it, it would be more along the lines of the customization that's in Sleeping Dogs and GTA V, where the characters can only wear things (relatively) in tone with their personality, as opposed to what's in Soul Calibur.

I kind of expected that one to be in the base game.

I have spent so much on the DLC in this game.

Same here. I'm not exactly proud of it. ~_^

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
I justify all the money I've spent on DLC by telling myself I am helping fund DOAX3.

mao2

Kinda makes Ayane's outfit that much more "lazy". :/

I'm still waiting for more from the NG games. :] Lots of good ones (mostly NGS2/+), even if it's just for the 4 characters. :(

gr...
OyhTsbx.jpg
Kasumi did get her default black ninja suit from Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge, but yeah this costume would have been so much better. I want Momiji's "Summer Police" outfit too.

Dantis

Kasumi did get her default black ninja suit from Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge, but yeah this costume would have been so much better. I want Momiji's "Summer Police" outfit too.

Other way around. Kasumi's black suit in Razor's Edge is from DOA5.

Also Momiji's Police outfit is in, just not for her. Christie has it.

I kind of expected that one to be in the base game.

So did I, considering that Ayane's and Hayabusa's were in.

mao2

Other way around. Kasumi's black suit in Razor's Edge is from DOA5.

Also Momiji's Police outfit is in, just not for her. Christie has it.

So did I, considering that Ayane's and Hayabusa's were in.
Oops, my bad. Thanks for the correction.

Top Bottom