• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Manp

this is fucking awesome. on the official site it says there are two DLC packs released on 11/9 and 18/9 but neither is available on the PSN store.

and of course both packs are already available for the 360 version.

Skilletor

this is fucking awesome. on the official site it says there are two DLC packs released on 11/9 and 18/9 but neither is available on the PSN store.

and of course both packs are already available for the 360 version.

Which DLC? All I see are the sexy pack and the schoolgirls and both of those are up on PSN.

Wow! I always theorized that Jacky's quote was Sega trying to give a "country twang" to his character. I guess boxing has a lot more influence in video games then I thought.

First it's characters in God Hand quoting Mike Tyson, and now Jacky Bryant was quoting Muhammad Ali all along?! I feel very happy to know this information. Thank you!

To keep on topic, I recently picked up the Core Fighters version of this game. I did play older DOA games back in the day, but I never really did take the time to properly learn the series on a mechanical level. This new DOA is pretty different from what I remember, but I like the way it plays. It's very reminiscent of Virtua Fighter, which I guess explains why Itagaki gave VF so much praise. Maybe he just wanted to make a more cinematic VF?

I'm glad that Leon has returned to DOA, as he's my favorite character, so being able to buy him for $5 on Core Fighters is a good deal. It's like a rental I keep forever. Because of that, I'll download the full game off of PSN; it's looking mighty fun.

Manp

Which DLC? All I see are the sexy pack and the schoolgirls and both of those are up on PSN.

Ultimate Sexy and School Uniforms. as far as i can tell they're still not up on EU PSN, i just checked and they're not there.

edit:

No, but from Tecmo EU's Twitter, 4 hours ago:

#TKfamily is important to us. Sorry for the #DOA5U missing DLC & Core Fighters delays on PSN. We're resolving this - will keep you updated!
yeah...

They are still releasing clothes DLC. I think I should wait for Dead or Alive Mega.

I feel the next version will be on Next gen systems....and that will be when I purchase anymore DLC pending something going on sale. But congrats for Tecmo supporting the title with costumes more than any other fighting game this gen.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
The first iteration of a fighting game on next gen systems are usually barebones. They never port over the completely decked out editions that come at the end of the previous system because that would expose the lack of content in their next installment, which is supposed to be loved based on hype, graphics, and whatever new mechanics they thought up.

Pretty irrelevant question, but what exactly is the button symbol used for Taunt, when you look at the button config menu?

You have P for Punch, K for Kick, H for Hold, etc. But there's a grey button that looks like it says AP (a large A and smaller P) for Taunt.

Like I say, completely irrelevant, but just curious what exactly it might stand for or represent.

Go to control settings - customize control, and you can assign a button for taunts.

I know :) The button config menu is where I first noticed the symbol used for Taunts.

I'm just wondering what exactly the "AP" button means. I know it represents the Taunt function, but why the letters "AP"? I get they couldn't really use "T", since Throw uses that. Just wondering why it's AP.

Yep, irrelevance that will never let me sleep.

Pretty irrelevant question, but what exactly is the button symbol used for Taunt, when you look at the button config menu?

You have P for Punch, K for Kick, H for Hold, etc. But there's a grey button that looks like it says AP (a large A and smaller P) for Taunt.

Like I say, completely irrelevant, but just curious what exactly it might stand for or represent.

Annoying prick

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Does anyone else have problems with their character taunting instead of tagging out? I'm not sure if I'm hitting an extra button on accident or something. I have tag set to R1 and taunt is L2.

Does anyone else have problems with their character taunting instead of tagging out? I'm not sure if I'm hitting an extra button on accident or something. I have tag set to R1 and taunt is L2.

You must be doing a taunt input on the d-pad by accident before you hit R1.

Skilletor

Tagging is just h+p+k. Taunt is 646 or 464 h+p+k, so something is definitely off.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
My first hate mail!!!

jTHFHt9.jpg

So after having a bit of fun with Core Fighters, I bought the disc today. Been digging around with Momiji and Ein, gonna test Jacky and Rig out a bit too.

Silky

Banned
Pciked up Core Fighters today. Fucked around with Eliot, but was bummbed that I couldn't play as Mila because the DLC isn't working. :( Hope it's resolved soon, but otherwise the game is solid!

I love that you can now buy individual swimsuits for $2.
Both Helenas gold swimsuits are so amazing, Im going to try to learn her.
I think TN shot themselves in the foot by not allowing people to buy those swimsuits, direct from the marketplace, in the character selection screen.
I think alot of casuals would impulse-buy there.
I really love the Desert stage too. Its as nice as the sky island one, for me.

thundr51

Anybody else having problems with the new school uniforms not working? I bought them and downloaded them but they are not showing up.

Just got the platinum trophy. I dunno why but I wasn't really expecting it to be as easy as it was.

Also I'm so glad I picked up the full game, having a lot of fun with Momiji, Helena, Jann Lee, and Jacky. Can't wait to dig into more of the cast and see what they can do

akaoni

Banned
Finally got around to trying this one out. Still the same old problems with the online interface and such in that I spend maybe 3-4 times the amount of time watching the searching thing while listening to that awful song looping. I'm not interested in lobbies, waiting/watching other people play, non-English languages etc. This isn't a problem in TTT2/SCV (really good netcode + always someone playing + practice room in TTT2), VF and the like, even if they just gave me a VF interface where I could see who's waiting on a match and jump straight in, then all would be resolved. Just want a few no strings games here and there, but I can't do it. Really depressing that they changed almost nothing on the online front. :(

Kumubou

Man, even after the patch the matchmaking in this game is awful. Ranked still seems completely dead, and the ping filtering seems complete broken -- set a search or lobby to only show 4+ or 5, and everyone comes up with that connection quality. Then you get in game, and it drops to a 1-2 and lags like shit. I haven't played a single match with a good connection since the game came out. I'm pretty sure it's not on my end, since this crap doesn't happen in VF5:FS or TTT2/TR. Makes the game completely unplayable IMO -- the game has points where you have to blindly guess. Throw in the lag and it feels like every point in the game degenerates to that.

That and I wonder if anyone in Team Ninja has ever done any UI/UX work, as it feels like you spend way too much time in menus dicking around between fights. Ranked isn't too bad (when you actually find a match), although there's no reason to ask the player to keep selecting characters in a double blind situation. Lobbies are awful though. OK here's the match-up chart, OK everyone needs to select a character, lag lag now select an outfit lag lag now select a stage delay some more. Why can't people select characters/outfits/stages in the lobby? Man, when a fight ends what I want to do is get into another game. Guh. It seriously feels like I spend more time looking for or dicking around with games than actually playing them.

Skilletor

Yeah, not impressed with the netcode at all. If you don't care about blocking, countering or punishing on reaction, it might be serviceable.

My DOA5 collection, I didn't want to do a collection, but it happened, my first collection too.

What's the book on the bottom left, where the page is open on Kasumi and Ayane costumes?

I don't suppose you could be a dear and scan the Kasumi costume page? >_> If I know what to search for, though, maybe they're already uploaded somewhere. Are there any other cool Kasumi artworks in there?

Top Bottom