• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

GG's to everyone I played against today! I gotta take a break lol, been playing way too much of this today. Also gotta work on my Helena tomorrow when I get back from being busy and stuff.

Yeah, good games to all. I had this lobby on for 6 hours straight... 9pm to 3am lol.

Would be awesome to get some more people in at once next time! Maybe do a tournament and some Tag matches. I really enjoyed that one Tag match we played!

Mesharey

Yeah 4 players tag was really fun. :D
I might be able to play at the same time for the next 5 days.

ShinMaruku
I watched some vidoes, your Ayane is fast. XD
She's good, you just need to add BT PP4PP7K (or 8K), and CB combos.

Anyone who played today, feel free to add me on PSN: gamefreak940

Just say who you are on Gaf in the message so I know to accept it

I've set my tag button to L1 - great for my button config because I never used it for anything else.

I still have L1 set as P+K because I do use it in some instances, like when I want to use Hayabusa or Momiji's critical burst. On another note though, I also will actually press P and K without the shortcut when I go stance changing with Helena or with Jacky's backstep and turning mini stances. It's weird I guess lol.

Endo Punk

I really hope the DOAU online community doesn't decrease. I'm gonna be spending months on it to unlock the stages and perfect my characters. I really love playing the game, was actually never gonna purchase it if not for f2p since I already own DOA5.

There is no going away from it, the main fighters will have yearly updates and I do believe a f2p model will definitely help the community.

Anyway awesome fights tonight but I don't think I can make it err tonight :p Gonna put in more hours to make Mila a pro too.

Niitris

... was actually never gonna purchase it if not for f2p since I already own DOA5.

Same here (although I never got to purchase it because I'm in a real financial crunch).

Hopefully another one of these is done soon (hopefully tomorrow when I'm off from work).

Anyone who played today, feel free to add me on PSN: gamefreak940

Just say who you are on Gaf in the message so I know to accept it

I still have L1 set as P+K because I do use it in some instances, like when I want to use Hayabusa or Momiji's critical burst. On another note though, I also will actually press P and K without the shortcut when I go stance changing with Helena or with Jacky's backstep and turning mini stances. It's weird I guess lol.

Ahh, I used to have P+K on L1 and then quickly switched it to R1, which seemed easier for me. So all movement is done with my left hand, then all attacks are on the right side of the pad. But yeah, we all have our own methods!

Ahh, I used to have P+K on L1 and then quickly switched it to R1, which seemed easier for me. So all movement is done with my left hand, then all attacks are on the right side of the pad. But yeah, we all have our own methods!

Yeah, switching L1 to R1 sounds like a good idea, that way I still have my P+K shortcut for Hayabusa and Momiji and tag, but the attacks are all on the right side of the dualshock. Thanks for the idea!

Mesharey

I use 1 button for tag if I play with a partner (P, K or H), it's easier to use P + right to force tag or left to CB.

R1 is for H+K.
R2 for taunt. :p
L1 for P+K
L2 for tag (if I'm alone)

Endo Punk

R1 is P+K
R2 is H+K
L1 is tag
L2 is taunt.

I find it better to use the attack moves on the right shoulder buttons simply because the face buttons are on the right and it feels easier for me to do. I know the triggers don't feel good but hell I don't even use H+K much, lol.

R1 is P+K
R2 is H+K
L1 is tag
L2 is taunt.

I find it better to use the attack moves on the right shoulder buttons simply because the face buttons are on the right and it feels easier for me to do. I know the triggers don't feel good but hell I don't even use H+K much, lol.

Exact same set up for me.

For face buttons, I use the DOA2 Dreamcast set up.

Square = Punch
Triangle = Kick
Circle = Throw
Cross = Hold

Just a heads-up - probably gonna be putting up a private lobby about 45 mins from now. If it's anything like last night, it will be on-going, so if you see me online, drop me a message or I'll invite you if I see you anyway. Don't worry if I don't reply straight away - it's usually because I'm stuck in a match.

Just solo matches to begin with, and then see if anyone wants to try something else if we get more people. Like a tournament or tag.

Endo Punk

Anyone know how to unlock and control which victory pose you get after a fight?

I want to get this pose to happen

iQPeYmIFQvLXH.gif

Well, I can add Rachel to my list of characters I hate fighting against. Everyone I've played against seems to do the same cheap arse moves where they launch you after 2 hits, grab you, throw you, bounce you, catch you, throw you, stand on you. Repeat.

Die.

thejpfin

It takes rather long to find rank matches, wonder if my Nat setting: Type 2 causes long search times.

Currently on 6 rank win streak, 10 win streak soon! And Azuardo god damn you are good with Kasumi :D, luckily normal lobby matches don't affect your grade.

It takes rather long to find rank matches, wonder if my Nat setting: Type 2 causes long search times.

Currently on 6 rank win streak, 10 win streak soon! And Azuardo god damn you are good with Kasumi :D, luckily normal lobby matches don't affect your grade.

What does that NAT Type 2 mean anyway? Mine's the same.

I appreciate that, but as soon as I get on Ranked or fight some other GAF people, I realise how crap I am lol. It's especially dishearting when I face other pro Kasumi players and get my arse kicked. I feel like I should be doing her better justice :(

Manp

What does that NAT Type 2 mean anyway? Mine's the same.

I appreciate that, but as soon as I get on Ranked or fight some other GAF people, I realise how crap I am lol. It's especially dishearting when I face other pro Kasumi players and get my arse kicked. I feel like I should be doing her better justice :(

NAT1 is a direct connection
NAT2 is a connection behind a router but all the needed ports are reachable from the outside
NAT3 is a connection behind a strict NAT and you don't want this

basically NAT2 is fine and it's what you want/should have if you have a router with UPNP enabled

:)

Dantis

Really like Kasumi's winter school uniform. Weird that the scarf isn't on by default though. Because of the way it's set up, you can't have scarf + hair down, which is a shame.

Dunno what the hell is up with the text chat in the lobby. Everything I type does not show up.

And why are people leaving? :( We could have had 6 people in there now.

New room. Invited a bunch of you.

FUCK. Hang on. Text chat isn't working again. I'm restarting the game.

The hell is going on ffs.

Working now.

Mesharey

Azuardo
You're good with Kasumi, you can do many CB. XD
After the CB you can do more damage than 2 kicks, like power blow and check training mode to creat a combo. @@

thejpfin
I tried all the buttons, nothing, they give the same pose. :/

Azuardo
You're good with Kasumi, you can do many CB. XD
After the CB you can do more damage than 2 kicks, like power blow and check training mode to creat a combo. @@

Thanks. That's an area I definitely need to improve on. Still need to practice juggling and any good combos. Really need to make better use of CBs.

Top Bottom