• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Pimpbaa

Isn't Rachel's the fiend outfit from NGS2+?

lolllllll

Why are you laughing, it's fucking awesome. They are all awesome, except for Kasumi and Mila. Mila's shitty outfit is especially disappointing, cause she is such an awesome character.

edit: Pai's costume kinda sucks too.

*looks at the Halloween outfits*

Hmmmmmmmmmm...

Top 5...
Bayman
Hayate
Ein
Ryu
Pai

Bottom 3...
Rig
Eliot
Alpha-152 (For lack of anything. Couldn't even give her an orange hue?)

P.S. I like Mila's outfit, because it's so dorky.

Why does Ein's costume have to be so awful? I know this is just silly Halloween dlc but he's really lacking in the outfits department at the moment so if it was at least halfway decent I probably would have got it.
I like his costume, I think it's one of the best. (I appreciate the juxtaposition with Hayate's outfit.)

I'm glad they at least tried to sex up some of the male costumes. A step in the right direction IMO.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Stand and be counted... or shamed

jDwQQVp.jpg

I cant understand why they gave Helena a thong (awesome outfit BTW)), but not Christie? Christie is meant to be the "bad girl" of the pair of them, afterall. It fits her character to at least show as much skin as Helena. You just lost yourself $2, TN :mad:
Akiras samurai outfit looks pretty good. I only ever use the guy in training (to play through his move list, for the achievement). I might consider playing him, when I can get a better look at that armor.
Lisa and Tina dont show enough skin and I think Gen should have milky white skin and white eyes, so he looks more undead for his Chinese vampire/zombie costume too.

Halloween could have been Alpha's chance to shine. :(

I will probably pick up Rachel's new costume. Not sure about any of the rest. There are some pretty funny ones that would be fun to use but I don't know if I'd drop the cash for them.

So after looking through the halloween costumes, some of them I might just have to buy, and I don't even use some of those characters lol. Helena and Jann Lee are probably the two I'd get first.

Skilletor

Why are you laughing, it's fucking awesome. They are all awesome, except for Kasumi and Mila. Mila's shitty outfit is especially disappointing, cause she is such an awesome character.

edit: Pai's costume kinda sucks too.

Because I think it looks terrible. Laughably bad.

Cool vid. Thanks for posting. Will definitely buy...

Helena. Just like a blonde Morrigan.

ib07Qu2rarTTvL.gif

Akira. Always wanted to try him out but was turned off by his generic "karate guy" look. This armor looks awesome though. Its too good to pass up.

iIfySlJCBheGK.gif

Rachel. Obvious choice. Finally has a hot outfit. Her existing outfits are nice, but not this nice :)

iBWWgA4Bcl7X2.gif

Will also get Bass and Momiji.
There are a lot of quality outfits there. Its good to see TN have put some real effort in, after the blandness of the xmas packs.

Dantis

Kasumi's Ragnarok Odyssey one is incredibly boring.

I love the idea of them doing crossover outfits with other games though.

Squire

Banned
Kasumi's Ragnarok Odyssey one is incredibly boring.

I love the idea of them doing crossover outfits with other games though.

TK is into that lately. They're putting an emphasis on community that's reminiscent to Capcom last generation. Their CM for the UK is really cool, haha.

I could see them doing Atelier costumes at some point. I'd be down for those instantly.

Dantis

TK is into that lately. They're putting an emphasis on community that's reminiscent to Capcom last generation. Their CM for the UK is really cool, haha.

I could see them doing Atelier costumes at some point. I'd be down for those instantly.

Yeah, he's really boss. Gives away loads of free stuff. I hate how nasty people get with him though, it's embarrassing.

I'm surprised there hasn't been any Atelier costumes already. Will probably happen when that new one comes out, I guess (Escha, or whatever it's called EDIT: I guess I mean the Rorona remake. Whatever.).

Squire

Banned
Yeah, he's really boss. Gives away loads of free stuff. I hate how nasty people get with him though, it's embarrassing.

I'm surprised there hasn't been any Atelier costumes already. Will probably happen when that new one comes out, I guess (Escha, or whatever it's called EDIT: I guess I mean the Rorona remake. Whatever.).

Nah, Escha and Logy is next. We'll probably get the Rorona remake too though. They seem to be staying the course with that franchise.

But yeah, Atelier outfits would rock. Some of the characters would sync up really well.

I didn't know people were nasty to Chin. Is it because he's gay or something like that?

Dantis

Nah, Escha and Logy is next. We'll probably get the Rorona remake too though. They seem to be staying the course with that franchise.

But yeah, Atelier outfits would rock. Some of the characters would sync up really well.

I didn't know people were nasty to Chin. Is it because he's gay or something like that?

Noooo, nothing like that. It's because the DLC is always late here, and he gives away free stuff and people don't win it. People started firing off abuse when they didn't win the Meruru codes. Completely ridiculous things to get upset by. Particularly since he's just a community manager, and it's SCEE who always fuck it up.

As far as the giveaways go, some people just don't know how to respond to free stuff. ;)

And Rorona is the next game in Japan, so I think that's more likely to get a crossover.

Squire

Banned
Noooo, nothing like that. It's because the DLC is always late here, and he gives away free stuff and people don't win it. People started firing off abuse when they didn't win the Meruru codes. Completely ridiculous things to get upset by. Particularly since he's just a community manager, and it's SCEE who always fuck it up.

As far as the giveaways go, some people just don't know how to respond to free stuff. ;)

And Rorona is the next game in Japan, so I think that's more likely to get a crossover.

Oh, I see. People are silly.

And yeah, that's right. Which is good, because all the characters I was thinking of that would work for costumes are in Rorona and the sequels.

Ggs. I must say doa5u online is a chore. I played over 8 hours today and got only handful of matches. It's beyond terrible. The matchmaking during arcade is pointless because 80% of players ignore invites and searching for matches takes ages.

Lobby can be better, unless to F-E players enters someone with S. What's the point of that dude?

Diddn't have luck with creating lobby. Waiting, waiting, no one comes.

I almost beat S- Tina dude with E+ Ein. 5 rounds, in the last one I made 1 mistake with running kk and died.

agreed. i try to stick to lobbys but people rarely join. waiting kills my mojo, so that's the biggest downer for me right now. i hate waiting.

no point in buying costumes when i can't play.

Galdelico

agreed. i try to stick to lobbys but people rarely join. waiting kills my mojo, so that's the biggest downer for me right now. i hate waiting.

Feeling the same here.
I come from a pretty much underwhelming experience with vanilla DoA5... Never ever had the chance to really enjoy online play, to the point I couldn't even force myself to reach the needed amount of ranked matches for last Lisa's outfit.
I got the game for the PS3 so I felt like I had to keep trying but... Man, what a struggle.

I wonder if Ultimate provides enough single player content to justify the purchase - I like to play DoA and I don't mind to just sit down and have some fun with Survival and Time Attack (I still play Dimensions' Survival, every now and then) - or if I should just ignore it.

Dantis

This seems strange to me. I can usually get a game within a minute or two when I go on ranked.

Have you tried changing the connection quality?

Oh, I see. People are silly.

And yeah, that's right. Which is good, because all the characters I was thinking of that would work for costumes are in Rorona and the sequels.

I've never played the Atelier games (Not sure they'd be my kind of thing), but the costumes might look good on DOA characters. I'll buy pretty much any outfits for the characters I play as.

GrayFoxPL

I like Devil Ein. Definietly nod to Devil Jin.

About online - we're in Europe and it looks very poor. One lobby at a time with 3-4 players. It looks like JP has over 10 lobbys full. I imagine US guys have it decent too.
In EU it barely lives.
In 1 month 2 things can happen in EU:
1. Everyone buys DOA and online lives.

2. It's more dead then my cat which died in 1993 having rabbies.

louie

I definitely get the complaints, but man, after years of doa4 and doa2u online mode feels really crowded to me. Gone are the days of waiting for an hour or two to play someone.

Also, if any European players want to add me, my gamertag is Thunder Plunder. I can't wait to get back into after I finish working 12-14 hour days.

I wonder if Ultimate provides enough single player content to justify the purchase - I like to play DoA and I don't mind to just sit down and have some fun with Survival and Time Attack (I still play Dimensions' Survival, every now and then) - or if I should just ignore it.

single player content is the same as vanilla. you can unlock new costumes, that's it. new characters and move tweaks.

This seems strange to me. I can usually get a game within a minute or two when I go on ranked.

Have you tried changing the connection quality?

i was talking about lobbies. ranked is fine. throwdowns are hit or miss, like before in vanilla. ranked is only one match and then you most likely won't see the person again for a while. i'd like to play more though.

Skilletor

I played about 40 games last night. Won 31 out of 40.

No hatemail. When I was obviously better than a person, I would play as dumb as possible. No hatemail.

In fact, several people sent me messages. Ggs, nice Tina.

What the fuck. I want the salt to flow. :/

lol

thejpfin

Got those two Intimate costumes for 3,90 €. Kinda expensive price for just two silly costumes, but they look too good to pass up :p

So after the Halloween DLC, we'll finally get the Pop Idol DLC, right? Right?
Tecmo just said Ultimate sexy costumes coming to EU psn store October 16th. Maybe Pop Idol DLC comes October 16th too.

Forsythia

That's already out.

Am I missing something here? The DLC page in the website clearly says only the Ultimate Sexy Costumes, the School Uniform and the Intimate Constumes are out (Xbox 360, EU).

http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/ultimate/uk/home.html#dlc

The Japanese website clearly show different costumes which haven't been released yet (again, for Xbox 360 in the EU):

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/doa5/ultimate/home.html#dlc

Or maybe I have the names fucked up, I don't know. :p

I wish Ayane's intimate costume had a button option to close the front to make it look more like the original version of the (awesome) outfit. I was waiting and hoping we'd get it, it being my favorite of all of her outfits ever, and it's almost a bit much to have it open like that.

To say nothing of the shorter skirt...

ShinMaruku

I played about 40 games last night. Won 31 out of 40.

No hatemail. When I was obviously better than a person, I would play as dumb as possible. No hatemail.

In fact, several people sent me messages. Ggs, nice Tina.

What the fuck. I want the salt to flow. :/

lol

Salt mail is from the same guy. :p

JP

Started reading the thread but it's massive and I couldn't see an answer to what I wanted to know in the beginning.

I already have Dead or Alive 5 on the PS3 with the any DLC that was free so is there any real benefit in me downloading the free "Core Fighters" version of this?

Started reading the thread but it's massive and I couldn't see an answer to what I wanted to know in the beginning.

I already have Dead or Alive 5 on the PS3 with the any DLC that was free so is there any real benefit in me downloading the free "Core Fighters" version of this?

Yes; most people play DOA5U online instead now. You can't play DOA5U players using original DOA5, so you need either DOA5U or Core Fighters to do that.

Top Bottom