• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I played about 40 games last night. Won 31 out of 40.

No hatemail. When I was obviously better than a person, I would play as dumb as possible. No hatemail.

In fact, several people sent me messages. Ggs, nice Tina.

What the fuck. I want the salt to flow. :/

lol

:(

Sometimes I think I'm just a salt magnet or something- decided to have a quick set of matches in SFxTK on Vita last night, got kicked from a lobby for winning and hate mail followed, lol.

u salty m8
r3ZpmOrl.jpg

LOL!

Lyte Edge

That reminds me, I got some more hate mail last weekend. Was using Lisa IIRC.

Got kicked by the lobby host after winning a match and sent him the message "LMAO: Kicked...for winning?"

CHk4vl1.jpg

xuIyk54.jpg

His responses were mostly anger over throws, it seems. For some reason or another, he never attempted to counter throws. When I noticed this, the last round was just me throwing him over and over again. He couldn't figure out why the same two strings he was doing with Kokoro weren't effective!

JaG7KNT.jpg

Always fun when the guy you beat says you suck and downplays your skills!

stn

Anyone wanna be kind and tell me which costumes Jann Lee has? Is there a link with pics anywhere? Thanks.

OSHAN

So anyone know how much this is going to cost? All these costumes, new stage, I can't help but think it is going to be like 20 goddamn dollars :(

Dantis

So anyone know how much this is going to cost? All these costumes, new stage, I can't help but think it is going to be like 20 goddamn dollars :(

I'm assuming that the stage is free.

If they charge for it, it becomes redundant, because you can't guarantee everyone has it.

Z3M0G

Question for the group... so does Ultimate contain a lot of content that the original DOA5 (PS3 and Vita, I have both) can never have?

Lyte Edge

Question for the group... so does Ultimate contain a lot of content that the original DOA5 (PS3 and Vita, I have both) can never have?

Ultimate has the following over DOA5:

• Rachel, Momiji, Jacky, Leon, and Ein have been added to the roster
  • Additional stages added (mostly from older DOAs/Ninja Gaiden games)
  • Much-improved netcode
  • Tag mode fully-available in lobbies, allows players to team up as well
  • Ranked matches now allow for solo or tag play
  • New "vertical power blow" system added
  • Lots of extra outfits added, mostly as DLC
  • The music system from DOA5+ was added, letting you select stage or character-specific BGM

The thread OP has more detailed information.

GrayFoxPL

Today I had many more matches. I wonder why today of all?

There's hope. I was close to dropping the game, but no.

I don't see much if any dlc costumes on players online.

JP

Yes; most people play DOA5U online instead now. You can't play DOA5U players using original DOA5, so you need either DOA5U or Core Fighters to do that.
Thanks a lot, not THAT bothered about the online stuff but I may as well have a look at the new version as it is free.

ShinAmano

OK I might have to crack on the no purchased DLC for this game and pick up the Halloween costumes...they are awesome. Is there a date/price?

Also is the Ayane underboob costume part of the pack?

xion4360

OK I might have to crack on the no purchased DLC for this game and pick up the Halloween costumes...they are awesome. Is there a date/price?

Also is the Ayane underboob costume part of the pack?

No its the Intimate costume pack with just her and kasumi for 1.99 each. Thats out now.

ShinAmano

No its the Intimate costume pack with just her and kasumi for 1.99 each. Thats out now.

Cool, I think that will be included in my purchase once the others are out.

I really wish they had a preview outfit feature in game so I could figure out if there are others I would like.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.

I really wish they had a preview outfit feature in game so I could figure out if there are others I would like.

YouTube?

Mesharey

You can download the free catalog and view the costume when you choose the character.

frogg609

So if I pick this up, to get all costumes, can I get them from just playing the game, or do you need to purchase a bunch as well?

Ermac

So is two bucks gonna be the standard for costume price now? I hope not
LLShC.gif

Lyte Edge

So if I pick this up, to get all costumes, can I get them from just playing the game, or do you need to purchase a bunch as well?

You still have to purchase a large amount of outfits if you want to use them. Compatibility catalog packs can be downloaded so that you can see others using them, though.

You can choose to buy all of the vanilla DOA5 outfits in bulk for $40, buy separate packs for individual characters or sets for certain characters, or buy most of the outfits a la carte.

system11

So is two bucks gonna be the standard for costume price now? I hope not
LLShC.gif

Four cans of soda, give or take. Actually, it's closer to 2 cans where I live. I'm pretty sure the costume will give me more enjoyment than 2 cans of Coke. I think my opinion would be different if the compatability downloads didn't exist, because you get to see other people using things you wouldn't have bought.

Ermac

Four cans of soda, give or take. Actually, it's closer to 2 cans where I live. I'm pretty sure the costume will give me more enjoyment than 2 cans of Coke. I think my opinion would be different if the compatability downloads didn't exist, because you get to see other people using things you wouldn't have bought.

It's funny, I budget pretty much everything in my life, but DOA costumes I will always buy without even thinking (not that they are expensive in the grand scheme of things anyway). Anything for my waifu Rachel

Skilletor

It's funny, I budget pretty much everything in my life, but DOA costumes I will always buy without even thinking (not that they are expensive in the grand scheme of things anyway). Anything for my waifu Rachel

Same.

New outfits? Bought.

I even bought all of outfits on both consoles for vanilla doa5.

I stopped doing that. lol. PS3 only.

system11

Helena for me, I'm a pretty terrible player so I should probably stick to characters with fast cheap launchers (Hitomi and Ein seem the most broken), but I just like how she moves. I'd probably still buy costumes for her at 9.99 each, but don't tell Tecmo that.

Helena for me, I'm a pretty terrible player so I should probably stick to characters with fast cheap launchers (Hitomi and Ein seem the most broken), but I just like how she moves. I'd probably still buy costumes for her at 9.99 each, but don't tell Tecmo that.

helena_3ds_render_11_special_size_by_x2gon-d6pum6i-png.2795

Yeah, she's got some of the best in the game now :)

ShinMaruku

Make it for next gen. I'd buy their dlc again.
I think they have cracked the free to play fgc thing IF the dlc revenue is great.

I mean if there is any company that can do it , it's Team Ninja. They have good artists.

thundr51

I'd be interested in playing another Helena (been using her since DOA on Saturn...and I still stink) hit me up if you want to play some matches PSN ThundR

system11

I'm on the wrong system I'm afraid, and probably the wrong continent too. Even playing people on a different ISP seems laggy, I actually wouldn't have a problem with buying the game twice, but the idea of all the DLC twice too? No thanks.

Top Bottom