• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

neohwa

hitomi can't possibly be this cute! very happy.

pretty soon the new costumes for the girls will cost more than the game lol.

1719284_orig.jpg

Helena's, Momiji's, Rachel's and Kasumi's old costume are pretty much a sure buy

I agree with your first 3 picks. They are the ones I'll be buying too (along with Bass and Akira).
I dont see the appeal in either of Kasumis outfits though.

I hate that people can see your winstreak numbers.
I went into a fight (which I ended up losing) with a 16 game streak and now the guy wont fight me again, (Im pretty sure) because of it.
In a country with so few players, I really dont want to scare people away, by telling them how many consecutive wins Ive had :mad:

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Okay, so I've come to accept that the Vita will never get DO5U, so I need to get it for a console. I have both the 360 and PS3.

Are there any differences in content or function between the two versions?

No, but there's going to be more people on PS3 since the free version is available.

I can still see DOA5U coming to Vita, too- Koei-Tecmo seems to be very solidly-behind supporting that platform. A lof of the stuff that they have been announcing is multiplatform for PS3/Vita or PS4/Vita.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
No, but there's going to be more people on PS3 since the free version is available.

I can still see DOA5U coming to Vita, too- Koei-Tecmo seems to be very solidly-behind supporting that platform. A lof of the stuff that they have been announcing is multiplatform for PS3/Vita or PS4/Vita.

Thank you for the response. On the outside looking in, this entire thing is somewhat confusing. DoA5 is obviously the vanilla release. If I'm understanding the rest, DoA5+ was the Vita release that had extra costumes? Then DoA5U came out which added...I don't know what. The stuff they added to the Vita version?

Then there is a F2P version (which I am currently enjoying). But now I don't know what to download to unlock as much of the content on that as possible. There is a 40 dollar unlock for the full version, but does that add the costume packs from DoA5+? Or are all the costumes separate? Can you unlock the costumes via play?

Dantis

Thank you for the response. On the outside looking in, this entire thing is somewhat confusing. DoA5 is obviously the vanilla release. If I'm understanding the rest, DoA5+ was the Vita release that had extra costumes? Then DoA5U came out which added...I don't know what. The stuff they added to the Vita version?

Then there is a F2P version (which I am currently enjoying). But now I don't know what to download to unlock as much of the content on that as possible. There is a 40 dollar unlock for the full version, but does that add the costume packs from DoA5+? Or are all the costumes separate? Can you unlock the costumes via play?

DOA5+ only added four costumes. Those costumes (And a lot more) are included in the full version of DOA5U.

WanderingWind

DOA5+ only added four costumes. Those costumes (And a lot more) are included in the full version of DOA5U.

Sweet. So unlock the DoA5:U and that should about cover it all. I'm seeing a crapton of costumes in the PS store. Those unlockable or just microtransactions?

Mostly micros. There are some packs from 5/5+ that are free in U, but there's also a full 5/5+ unlock pack for another $40. Then they also start adding the U outfits to it.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, there's a $1 unlock for the DOA2/3/4 music each, but those can be unlocked through normal play (or at least they did for me).

ShinMaruku

I hate that people can see your winstreak numbers.
I went into a fight (which I ended up losing) with a 16 game streak and now the guy wont fight me again, (Im pretty sure) because of it.
In a country with so few players, I really dont want to scare people away, by telling them how many consecutive wins Ive had :mad:

I love seeing those streaks. Because when you break them it feels either great or horrible.

solid mike

I agree with your first 3 picks. They are the ones I'll be buying too (along with Bass and Akira).
I dont see the appeal in either of Kasumis outfits though.

Idk man, I think it's pretty good since Kasumi's wearing a one piece beneath those princess garments. And there's no skirt or anything to cover it. Also, it's better than the red palette swap of her initial blue. The first Kasumi is shit though (upper leftmost)

KasumiDOAUC8.jpg

EDIT: On second thought, you were right. She looks fat in the DOA5U rendition

3886868_orig.png

synce

Idk man, I think it's pretty good since Kasumi's wearing a one piece beneath those princess garments. And there's no skirt or anything to cover it. Also, it's better than the red palette swap of her initial blue. The first Kasumi is shit though (upper leftmost)

KasumiDOAUC8.jpg

3886868_orig.png

It's a consequence of TN using the same body model for every female character, even the textures are identical if you look closely.

I wish in the next game they get at least the Japanese bodies right. Ayane used to be my favorite until I saw what they did to her in 5U. In the future she can keep the boob job (they're not uncommon in Japan) but at least lose the thunder thighs.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
It's a consequence of TN using the same body model for every female character, even the textures are identical if you look closely.

I wish in the next game they get at least the Japanese bodies right. Ayane used to be my favorite until I saw what they did to her in 5U. In the future she can keep the boob job (they're not uncommon in Japan) but at least lose the thunder thighs.

Wait, what changes did they make to Ayane? I demand photo analysis

thundr51

I want to learn certain characters just because of certain outfits. :/

Same here. I just learned that Helena and Christie have a special tag throw so I'm going to start learning her now.

Yes, I'm that slow. And no I've never played them together as a team.

Thunder thighs? Seriously?

You're telling me that this:
DOA%2B%2B_Ayane_C3.jpg

And this:
AyaneDOAUC7.jpg

Are that much different from this:
DOA5U_Ayane_Dengeki.jpg

in the thighs?

You're crazy, yo.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Shit I am really tired of seeing online:

Lag messing up Holds
People who spam Hayabusa's teleport move
Kokoro players (all of them)
People who taunt after every round

Skilletor

You're crazy, yo.

Not to mention she's always had one of the biggest busts in the game according to the bio.

Ayane <3

Shit I am really tired of seeing online:

Lag messing up Holds
People who spam Hayabusa's teleport move
Kokoro players (all of them)
People who taunt after every round

Being in critical state is terrible online. My counter always comes out AFTER my opponent attacks, and then they hit me, putting me in critical state again. So frustrating.

Pimpbaa

Thunder thighs? You are fucked up in the head. Every girl looks many times better than they did pre DOA5. ALL OF THEM.

KasumiDOAUC8.jpg

3886868_orig.png

I dont really like the look of the outfit, overall. Your picture reminded me of how much I dislike Kasumis fighting stance too. It looks awkward to me and I'd love to see TN come up with something better. That goes for Ayane and Tina too.
You're right about the outfit though. She does look a little frumpy :D

Skilletor

Agreed. It's actually been a long time since I've seen stage design this good... I'm somewhat new to DoA, has it always been like this?

BTW, I finally have the full game now (about time)

It's been much better in the past. DoA2U and 3 have some of the best stages in a fighter ever.

WanderingWind

I always forget how much I actually enjoy playing this series. 6 hours today of nonstop ass kicking. Finished the story mode. Unlocked all of Rachel's costumes and spent a crap ton of time trying to get the timing of counters down. Still suck at that (outside of Lei Fang for some reason) but I'm getting slowly better.

1) Rachel
2) Sarah
3) Kasumi
4) Leon
5) Hitomi

solid mike

And this:
AyaneDOAUC7.jpg

Are that much different from this:
DOA5U_Ayane_Dengeki.jpg

in the thighs?

You're crazy, yo.

I admit that there's something about the DOA5U rendition that makes it appear she has bigger thighs. Perhaps the transformation of her boots from DOA2U from a sort of pointy style to a circular variation makes it looks so.

MrMephistoX

Am I the only one hoping this gets announced for next-gen or PC? I just can't bring myself to buy anything on PS3 at this point but would buy this in a heartbeat on PS4.

raven777

Am I the only one hoping this gets announced for next-gen or PC? I just can't bring myself to buy anything on PS3 at this point but would buy this in a heartbeat on PS4.

I have both DOA5 vanilla and Ultimate, but I wish the game comes out next-gen.

I want better graphic and take photos and videos with share button.

Top Bottom