• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Dantis

It's probably obvious to everyone at this point, but the Halloween outfits are up on JP PSN, so they're today's DLC.

The pack for all of them is a whopping 2500 yen.

I admit that there's something about the DOA5U rendition that makes it appear she has bigger thighs. Perhaps the transformation of her boots from DOA2U from a sort of pointy style to a circular variation makes it looks so.

It's because she DOES have bigger thighs.

DOA5's characters are meant to look like women. DOA1-4's had an anime doll thing going on. The women's proportions in DOA5 are (To an extent) true to actual women.

Squire

Banned
pic_hwc_01.jpg

pic_hwc_02.jpg

pic_hwc_03.jpg

pic_hwc_04.jpg

pic_hwc_05.jpg

pic_hwc_06.jpg

pic_hwc_07.jpg

pic_hwc_08.jpg

pic_hwc_09.jpg

pic_hwc_10.jpg

pic_hwc_11.jpg

pic_hwc_12.jpg

pic_hwc_13.jpg

pic_hwc_14.jpg

Dude's are on the JP site 'cause no one cares.

Dantis

Kasumi's costume is weak sauce. So disappointing. Ayane's is best.

@tecmokoeieurope said:
How about this? Keep an eye on our special update today 2PM (UK time). We have something for you! #TKfamily

The potential for something exciting?

remz

Am I the only one hoping this gets announced for next-gen or PC? I just can't bring myself to buy anything on PS3 at this point but would buy this in a heartbeat on PS4.

Releasing Core Fighters for PC seems to me like it'd be easy money at this point. Like the F2P thing is huge on PC...

Mesharey

I see some of characters have different hairstyles in the various pics from costume packs; are these hairstyles connected to the outfit or can I press something to get them with any costume?

Examples:
Just press L1/LB or RB/R1 while choosing the costume, you will hear a different sound and you will get a different hair style.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
is 1.03 patch and DLCs up on US PSN store yet?

The 1.03 patch went up last night. The redone castle stage is included and it is a HUGE level. Way bigger than I remember the original being! The outfits will be up with PSN update today, likely not until the late afternoon.

Just tested out the castle in training mode, yeah this is definitely a very large map. I really like it so far.

Also I think I might need a few of those costumes at some point.

vg260

The pricing for alt costumes for this game is absolutely absurd. A lot of those costumes look really cool, and I was going to pick up some/all but the pricing is ridiculous.

The pricing for alt costumes for this game is absolutely absurd. A lot of those costumes look really cool, and I was going to pick up some/all but the pricing is ridiculous.

$2 per costume seems pretty reasonable to me.
Ive recently being playing the ARPG, Marvel Heroes. Admittedly, its a FTP game but most costumes cost $10 each. Deadpool has a couple at the $20 mark IIRC.

PS3

I bought Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate
I bought Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate - Complete DOA5 Costumes

What DLC costume sets do I need to buy now to have the complete and current set as of Oct 8, 2013?

Is it necessary to buy the Complete DOA5 Costumes pack? I thought a vast majority of those were included in Ultimate, right?

Westlo

Is it necessary to buy the Complete DOA5 Costumes pack? I thought a vast majority of those were included in Ultimate, right?

Well just using Kasumi for an example

12 costumes included (10 as unlocks)
7 DLC costumes (on disc)

Than the DLC comes in, think you need combat packs for these?

Team D costume
Ultimate Sexy costume
School Uniform costume
Intimate Costume (aka Famitsu Magazine DLC)
Warriors Orochi 2 Ultimate costume
Halloween costume

And whatever else they do from this point.

So you get quite a few costumes thrown in the Ultimate package, they also have a lot you have to purchase which they put on disc, and they're started to release a stream of new costumes.

Endo Punk

Is Brad supposed to be a rat or a wolf :\ Could have been done much better, pretty much only costume I will purchase is Franken's Monster-Bayman. It's great they made the stage free btw.

DOA5's characters are meant to look like women. DOA1-4's had an anime doll thing going on. The women's proportions in DOA5 are (To an extent) true to actual women.

Really happy they aged the female characters, was getting sick of Ayane and Kasumi being 14-15 across 3-4 games. I said it before but Itagaki leaving is the best thing to happen to DOA. He treats DOA women as "can't remove from box dolls" if you know what I mean. A bit of fat, some dirt and sweat is a damn fine thing.

vg260

$2 per costume seems pretty reasonable to me.
Ive recently being playing the ARPG, Marvel Heroes. Admittedly, its a FTP game but most costumes cost $10 each. Deadpool has a couple at the $20 mark IIRC.

I feel like $1 per character is the norm for fighters. Double that is way too much.

synce

It's probably obvious to everyone at this point, but the Halloween outfits are up on JP PSN, so they're today's DLC.

The pack for all of them is a whopping 2500 yen.

It's because she DOES have bigger thighs.

Japanese women look nothing like their portrayal in DOA5. Tecmo just replaced one fetish (anime faces) with another (plump bodies). I can understand that Americans would prefer the latter but don't say it's any more realistic than doll faces. To me it looks just as goofy to see a 5'1" Japanese girl with the body of Beyonce.

Skilletor

Japanese women look nothing like their portrayal in DOA5. Tecmo just replaced one fetish (anime faces) with another (plump bodies). I can understand that Americans would prefer the latter but don't say it's any more realistic than doll faces. To me it looks just as goofy to see a 5'1" Japanese girl with the body of Beyonce.

I find it hilarious that you consider these women to have plump bodies.

http://deadoralive.wikia.com/wiki/Kasumi/Outfit_Catalogues

But anyway, the proportions aren't really all that different, the faces just look different.

Erm anyone else have this problem?

Playing in a lobby with someone right now and none of my DLC costumes are selectable.

No Pop Idol and no Blue Bikini for Kasumi.

Erm anyone else have this problem?

Playing in a lobby with someone right now and none of my DLC costumes are selectable.

No Pop Idol and no Blue Bikini for Kasumi.

False alarm. Restarted the game and my DLC costumes are back and selectable. Not sure what the hell happened there.

Only thing I'm pissed about on f2p version is not being able to unlock OMG

Eh, it's really only worth having for a quick laugh then never using it again. I remember unlocking it so I decided to see how it was in comparison to DOA, chose random for my opponent, random gave Tina to be the opponent, hilarity ensued. After that I just went down to DOA and thought "Well that wasn't strange at all" lol

Top Bottom