• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Anyone have any tips for Mila? I want to get better with her but she feels so stiff. I feel like I'm playing as Tofu from RE2

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
And bought the Halloween pack. I just can't resist costume DLC for this game for some reason.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Glad I'm not the only one who's part of the problem lol

Would've been $22 for all the costumes I wanted, but decided to just pay the extra $3 for the whole pack.

Endo Punk

Anyone have any tips for Mila? I want to get better with her but she feels so stiff. I feel like I'm playing as Tofu from RE2

First go to command training followed by combo challenges, learn the combo's. Aim of the game(with Mila), take down foes and keep 'em guessing, highs and lows. Chain combo's into take down throws. I'm still learning with her but getting better with these tactics each day. Another throw when you do taken down is safer but the punch and kicks do more damage if you're good with the timing and the opponent isn't.

Also this goes for every character but get a good grasp of high, mid and low holds, and remember a mid kick is a forward hold and not back.

Mila's MMA style, she was meant to be a pro at take downs and holds so that's where you focus, imo.

system11

There's a compatability pack, I didn't think they'd been in the store yet, the game has only just come out really and they were retailer exclusive bonuses.

ShinMaruku

Anybody else find it funny that the 'pervy' free to play games nail the model the best? From this and Tera I keep finding goldmines that I am willing to pay for things with no regret.

Ermac

There's a compatability pack, I didn't think they'd been in the store yet, the game has only just come out really and they were retailer exclusive bonuses.

Hmm, I coulda sworn I sw them for $6 last week.

Pimpbaa

You know what would be nice? An option to allow characters to only wear the halloween or xmas outfits and another to make sure they never wear either. That way you wouldn't be seeing xmas outfits in the middle of july and helping you into the xmas spirit when it's actually around the holidays. Anyway, hope we get some new xmas outfits this year. Maybe some xmas themed lingerie for the girls (different ones for each).

So I took a look at that Halloween costume trailer and ended up with these.

iboqvRXJqIefnc.gif

iD7b4Vcp2uoJX.gif

iGKQb8a82hNkZ.gif

ib25YnCI65zrrw.gif

Ermac

How do I hit my opponent and force them to to tag out?

Also how do I tag someone in from the sky and have them jump on a downed enemy?

Auskeek

How do I hit my opponent and force them to to tag out?

Also how do I tag someone in from the sky and have them jump on a downed enemy?

Force tag is 66 H+P+K (forward forward, tag) correction; its 236 tag for force out

The downed attack is 8 H+P+K (up, tag)

...from memory, not completely sure.

Jesus, these Halloween costumes are expensive.
They are $3 each here in Aus, whereas all the previous costumes have only been $2.
I might forget about Bass and Momiji.

Well, I went ahead and bought the whole Halloween pack for $25. Each outfit works out at about 90c, this way. $3 each, was heading into ripoff territory, IMO.
There were 8 or 9 outfits I liked (but wouldnt have bought otherwise) and a few are good for variety and humor (like the Dragon and Ratman), even though I have have no intention of ever playing that particular character.
Im glad I have the DLC but I do feel a little resentful towards TN, for pushing me into buying the complete pack due to their single outfit pricing.

ifj5BNQnqeHnh.gif

Rachel is deadly!

Almost forgot about these last few:

iMWw47k3CTaLJ.gif

BTW, nice giffing, guys :)

The Halloween DLC is so awesome. The stage is AMAZING (I love how the jack-o-lanterns roll down the stairs, and all the hidden sections), and most of the costumes are excellent.

It's nice to see DLC that includes all the characters. (Well, except poor Alpha, who couldn't even get an orange/black hue...)

Erm anyone else have this problem?

Playing in a lobby with someone right now and none of my DLC costumes are selectable.

No Pop Idol and no Blue Bikini for Kasumi.

The same thing happened to me, but with the preorder costumes. I had to input the PSN code again and they came back and never disappeared again. Very strange. Maybe it was a glitch or something.

Manp

am i the only one that can't find them or are the sexy ultimate and Halloween packages not available on EU PSN?

only separate costumes are available, not the packages. this is fucking incredible, how stupid can SCEE even be?

Dantis

am i the only one that can't find them or are the sexy ultimate and Halloween packages not available on EU PSN?

only separate costumes are available, not the packages. this is fucking incredible, how stupid can SCEE even be?

They only go up today, so maybe the full packs will be up later?

Manp

They only go up today, so maybe the full packs will be up later?

i've never seen more than one update on the same day. if something is not up by now usually it's next week business.

EDIT: the Halloween pack is available but doesn't come up with the search and is only listed under core fighters.
can't find the sexy ultimate package anywhere so they probably forgot about that after being more than a month late.

Loona

The Halloween DLC is so awesome. The stage is AMAZING (I love how the jack-o-lanterns roll down the stairs, and all the hidden sections), and most of the costumes are excellent.

It's nice to see DLC that includes all the characters. (Well, except poor Alpha, who couldn't even get an orange/black hue...)

What I really love is the music in the trailer, which hopefully comes with the stage - does that apply to the free version as well?

Also, Alpha should have gotten a white, ghost-like transparent skin for the occasion.

Blueblur1

Wanted to ask you guys a couple questions. IS there any tangible difference between the 360 or PS3 versions of the game? And which one has the larger online population? What do you guys play on?

raven777

Wanted to ask you guys a couple questions. IS there any tangible difference between the 360 or PS3 versions of the game? And which one has the larger online population? What do you guys play on?

I don't think there are noticeable differences between the 2 versions afaik. But PS3 usually gets the patches faster than 360 I think.

I assume PS3 version will have larger online population since PS3 version has the free core fighter edition while 360 don't.

Endo Punk

Some of these costumes are so goddamn revealing. To top themself I'm expecting duck tape or leaf covering privates DLC in the future.

360 version runs slightely better and has minor frame rate advantage, may not be noticeable but still an advantage. I'd go for that one for purchase and PS3 for F2P version.

Top Bottom