• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Skilletor

Some of these costumes are so goddamn revealing. To top themself I'm expecting duck tape or leaf covering privates DLC in the future.

360 version runs slightely better and has minor frame rate advantage, may not be noticeable but still an advantage. I'd go for that one for purchase and PS3 for F2P version.

Anybody do actual testing with this? Source? Link?

system11

I'm pretty sure I saw Team A up last week for $6. I went to buy them today and couldn't find them.

Maybe it was an accident? I expect them to be up in the future but to put them up now would undermine the retailer deals they did, some still have codes.

Hubb

I can't win a match in this game to save my life. Jesus!

I was there not too long ago (not much better now). Being defensive over offensive helped me out a lot. Knowing when certain combos for characters are going to end so you can punish, though the better the people you fight the more the mix/match.

Manp

i've never seen more than one update on the same day. if something is not up by now usually it's next week business.

EDIT: the Halloween pack is available but doesn't come up with the search and is only listed under core fighters.
can't find the sexy ultimate package anywhere so they probably forgot about that after being more than a month late.

We have contacted the PlayStation UK team to sort out the #DOA5U Ultimate Sexy DLC Bundle. They are checking it now. <3
https://twitter.com/tecmokoeieurope/status/390512581959770112

We apologize for the #DOA5U DLC Bundle issues. Now checking it with PlayStation team.
https://twitter.com/tecmokoeieurope/status/390515623203069952/

lol. 5 weeks late and they can't even get it right. SCEE is ridiculous.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I haven't touched DOA2 and DOA3 in a decade, which soundtrack is superior from the two?

Depends on the character. I like most of the DOA2 themes more for the characters that were in both games, though.

I set just about everything to DOA2 except for Tina (DOA4 theme FTW) and Ayane (went with the DOA3 theme).

I think the most memorable theme out of all these games is Hitomi's DOA3 theme.

solid mike

Almost forgot about these last few:

iMWw47k3CTaLJ.gif

i3NM9Wh37xgec.gif

I thank you for these, sir.

Ahaha just smashed some dirty git on a 14 win streak and he rage quit in the third round when he saw himself losing. It still went through as a win for me and I got 1000+ (I think) CP for it. He was only a D rank, mind, but he knew what he was doing.

I noticed earlier that someone quit (disconnected?) right before the match even started and I "won" but got 0 CP.

So is it a case that normally, if you quit mid-match, you will not lose CP and the opponent won't gain any? Or was it a case that he left it too late to quit and it went through as a loss for him and lost CP in the process, since it was near the end of the fight? Otherwise, I see no reason why he would rage quit since he surely must have lost CP for it (since I gained some). Was he hoping it wouldn't go through to retain his CP and win streak?

Wanted to ask you guys a couple questions. IS there any tangible difference between the 360 or PS3 versions of the game? And which one has the larger online population? What do you guys play on?

I think they are pretty close visually and performance-wise from what I've heard. The bigger community is most likely going to be on PS3 since fighters are normally more popular and also because of the F2P version.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
With the DLC it's getting I would be surprised if people bashed it, lol.

Well sorry to surprise you but the dlc in this game is a ripoff in every sense of the word. The $25 Halloween costume pack makes your average $15 Call of Duty map pack look like amazing value. Im not bashing people who buy it, its your money and if it makes you happy go for it, but its probably the most transparently horrid cost of production:price point ratio that I have seen in dlc this side of Train Simulator.

Hubb

Well sorry to surprise you but the dlc in this game is a ripoff in every sense of the word. The $25 Halloween costume pack makes your average $15 Call of Duty map pack look like amazing value. Im not bashing people who buy it, its your money and if it makes you happy go for it, but its probably the most transparently horrid cost of production:price point ratio that I have seen in dlc this side of Train Simulator.

Well without dlc I am sure temco wouldn't make enough money off the game. That being said they do offer a good amount of the costumes in the base game. And sure, I'd love all the costumes free but in this day and age I don't expect it at all.

If all they had was the base costume it would be pretty bad.

vg260

Yes, the price point is 2x what it should be really. Just because the content itself is good doesn't mean they handled the price point well. This is pretty much the worst of any fighter.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Yes, the price point is 2x what it should be really. Just because the content itself is good doesn't mean they handled the price point well. This is pretty much the worst of any fighter.

I think that Tecmo is gauging interest and pricing things in order to test the market a bit for their pioneering F2P fighter. I do think they'd make more over time if they lowered their prices to be more attractive as impulse buys.

I'm hoping that the sets will go on sale at some point.

vg260

I think that Tecmo is gauging interest and pricing things in order to test the market a bit for their pioneering F2P fighter. I do think they'd make more over time if they lowered their prices to be more attractive as impulse buys.

I'm hoping that the sets will go on sale at some point.

I have no data to back it up, but $1 a piece, and half for the packs as well, and I think a lot more people would pick them up. I think the market has already established that the average cost per costume should breakout to be no more than $1. Just like SFxT, Injustice, MK, and UMvC3. Their pricing is out of whack.

DR2K

Banned

Other fighters give you 1 costume and make you buy the 1 alt. You get about 4 to 10 base costumes.

Hubb

Well I'm not sure how many other current fights have this many costumes to begin with. Charging 99cents per costume would still have people complaining so I don't seem them caving to that. They know people will buy the dlc the question is, do they get 50cents per download or a 1.50 per download?

Yes I am not 100% sure how much Sony takes per DLC sale, but it isn't cheap. It has been said many times before but if you don't like it don't buy it. If enough people don't buy it they will either stop making it or try something else.

solid mike

Anyone else here have a Southeast Asia PSN account?

The "Ultimate Sexy" costumes don't appear to be available...I checked on the US PS Store, they're all there.

Im finding the "searching for opponents" message continuously flashing on the screen, a little annoying and completely unnecessary.
I trust that you are looking for games, DoA. You dont need to remind me about it non-stop :mad:

Timu

You can buy the costumes separately only for characters you play as.=p

vg260

Well I'm not sure how many other current fights have this many costumes to begin with. Charging 99cents per costume would still have people complaining so I don't seem them caving to that. They know people will buy the dlc the question is, do they get 50cents per download or a 1.50 per download?

Yes I am not 100% sure how much Sony takes per DLC sale, but it isn't cheap. It has been said many times before but if you don't like it don't buy it. If enough people don't buy it they will either stop making it or try something else.

I think the general feeling on these is that they're priced too high, not that there is no interest. Yeah, I don't like the price, so I'm not buying, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't if the price was in line with the rest of the market. People are used to $1 alts (or less). I don't see the justification here for charging double the norm. I don't think it's necessarily charge 2x the norm or don't offer them at all. What I'd prefer is for players to take a stand, them to realize customers are wise enough to know they're overcharging so they align their prices with the norm. It's hard to say how much they'd sell at $1 each and cheaper bundles, but I have to think it would end up working out in their favor.

Other fighters give you 1 costume and make you buy the 1 alt. You get about 4 to 10 base costumes.

Sure, but I don't think that's really relevant to how much they decide to charge for more. I don't see more being on the disc justification for charging double for DLC.

Please don't take this as bashing those who buy these. I love alts in fighters, and the Halloween pack is great. I just don't like their egregious pricing relative to other games.

Ahaha just smashed some dirty git on a 14 win streak and he rage quit in the third round when he saw himself losing. It still went through as a win for me and I got 1000+ (I think) CP for it. He was only a D rank, mind, but he knew what he was doing.

I noticed earlier that someone quit (disconnected?) right before the match even started and I "won" but got 0 CP.

So is it a case that normally, if you quit mid-match, you will not lose CP and the opponent won't gain any? Or was it a case that he left it too late to quit and it went through as a loss for him and lost CP in the process, since it was near the end of the fight? Otherwise, I see no reason why he would rage quit since he surely must have lost CP for it (since I gained some). Was he hoping it wouldn't go through to retain his CP and win streak?

Can anyone shed light on this for me, please?

I'm just curious really. Does quitting mid-match actually end your win streak and make you lose CP? Or does it only happen once a certain number of rounds has been played, and you can get away with quitting in the 1st round, for example?

Hubb

I think the general feeling on these is that they're priced too high, not that there is no interest. Yeah, I don't like the price, so I'm not buying, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't if the price was in line with the rest of the market. People are used to $1 alts (or less).

I see where you are coming from, and of course I'd be happy if they were cheaper. I am looking at SSF4 on steam and their alt costumes run from $4-6 for a pack of 4 costumes. So some are 1 dollar and some are 1.5, but you have to buy a pack and cannot buy just the costume you want for 1 dollar. I'd rather pay 2 dollars and get what I want (in any game) then have to pay 4-6 dollars to get what I want and "maybe" what I'd use at some point.

I understand I may be part of the problem. I normally don't buy any dlc for games, but some how this game got me (though I haven't spent that much, specially when compared to others).

Endo Punk

Free characters for this week are Jann, Hitomi, Tina and Bass. My God is this f2p model awesome or what. This what ever every dev needs to do if they plan on re-releasing the games within the year.

And the racing outfits are too damn good, probably my favorite of the costume DLC's. Mila and Lisa rock it so damn well :D I don't care how this comes across but I'll definitely support a DOAXBV3 though unfortunately it may not happen because it will be an utter PR nightmare. Maybe they can cooperate that series into DOA6?

Skilletor

Free characters for this week are Jann, Hitomi, Tina and Bass. My God is this f2p model awesome or what. This what ever every dev needs to do if they plan on re-releasing the games within the year.

And the racing outfits are too damn good, probably my favorite of the costume DLC's. Mila and Lisa rock it so damn well :D I don't care how this comes across but I'll definitely support a DOAXBV3 though unfortunately it may not happen because it will be an utter PR nightmare. Maybe they can cooperate that series into DOA6?

They're some of mine. I love Tina's. <3

DoA6 is going to melt my face when they show it. I cannot imagine what they'll do with the stages or how good the character models will look.

benzy

The Lorelei stage barely looks better than the DOA3 version. They could definitely use some of that next-gen power to bring the stages up to par with the character models.

Endo Punk

The Lorelei stage barely looks better than the DOA3 version. They could definitely use some of that next-gen power to bring the stages up to par with the character models.

Abso-bloody-lutely. Some of the stages look like such an eye-sore with the jaggies and low rez texture.

Top Bottom