• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Kumubou

I just tried this in training mode. Set opponent to just do high punches and just watched Jacky auto parry. What a fucking bullshit move!
The issue with the auto-parry is that he has to be in neutral -- which means he can't be blocking, so anything else gets him kicked in the face. It does stop a lot of characters punch strings, which is more important in DoA than it is in VF.

Just be happy that his 3K+G~G (which is think if a different command in DoA5 -- something like just 6K~G) doesn't take off nearly half your life on NH in this game, like in can in VF! His dumb throw throw OS with that move (where you do the startup of the kick to avoid throws, and then guard to block attacks) still works, though. -_-

Mesharey

Can someone help me understand all the DLC available for this game? There are so many costumes, and so many ways that they are bundled, that I am not what includes what sometimes. I'm not even sure what I already own.

I'm looking at my download list on PSN right now, and from the original DOA5 release I already own the following:

Dead or Alive 5 Angels
Dead or Alive® 5 Player's Swimwear Set
Dead or Alive® 5 First Time Pack
Dead or Alive® 5 Round 2 Costumes - Full Set
Dead or Alive® 5 Round 3 Costumes - Full Set
Dead or Alive® 5 Round 5 Costumes - Full Set
Dead or Alive® 5 DOATEC Divas
Dead or Alive® 5 Devils

That's it. Let's just say hypothetically I wanted to buy all the DLC I don't have, what is there, and what bundles would I buy?
For Ultimate:
School costumes
Halloween
Ultimate sexy
A costume for Ayane and Kasumi

For 5:
Hot getaway
Hotties swimwear

You can check here:
http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/ultimate/us/home.html#dlc

Ugh I would but for some reason my PS3 is having connection issues despite everything else going through the router just fine. Is there maintenance being done?

Not to my knowledge.

The only thing I know fucking up on PSN recently is people's friends lists disappearing due to some apparent maintenance from a few days ago. But I haven't had connection issues for a while.

So retarded that you cannot edit the number of players to join from the lobby itself. You have to make a new one. Which sucks when you have a fight going on and loads of people already in.

Wow, this topic is more lively than the vanilla topic. Curious, would anyone be interested in a gaf tournament? I did one for vanilla so since this game seems more popular, it would be nice to do another for the fun of it. $20 psn/amazon goes to first place like last time.

xion4360

Wow, this topic is more lively than the vanilla topic. Curious, would anyone be interested in a gaf tournament? I did one for vanilla so since this game seems more popular, it would be nice to do another for the fun of it. $20 psn/amazon goes to first place like last time.

You mean the one that was like the week of release? I won that one but now that im working I might not get a chance to participate =/

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
That was great! Man I was doing shitty most of the time but when I was doing a tag round with Vade in the boxing stage I did a pretty decent match with Sarah I thought. I guess I do better when I have someone on the phone lol although my conversation with my friend suffered where my gameplay might not have.

Grisby

Hey guys, wanted to get back into this so I bought some of the Halloween costumes and popped my disc back in. Only problem is the costumes didn't show up. Tried re-downloading them from my DL list and booting the game back up but nothing going.

Never happened before, any suggestions?

Sub_Level

Hey guys, wanted to get back into this so I bought some of the Halloween costumes and popped my disc back in. Only problem is the costumes didn't show up. Tried re-downloading them from my DL list and booting the game back up but nothing going.

Did you download the Catalog? You have to download what's called a Costume Catalog in the PS Store. There's 3 or 4 of them and they are all free. After you do, if they are still not present, redownload once more.

edit: and of course look under DOA5 Ultimate Add-Ons

Did you download the catalog associated with the Halloween costumes? You need to do that first. (It's free.)

IconGrist

I'm finally caught up with all available DLC. Been a while since I have played but if y'all set up another PS3GAF lobby sometime soon I'll try to take part.

Thanks for the great games everyone. Had a lot of fun tonight. Don't normally get that many in a room all at once, so would be great to try and make it a regular thing every week or so.

Great games everyone, lots of fun

also I was laughing as I kept backdashing with Helena like "Man oh man am I seriously backing this up right now lol"

gotta improve on my tag in timing though :(

Yuripaw

Banned
image.php

Hey Azuardo, what character/game is your avatar from?

Skilletor

Unlocked all the costumes. These question marks for the DLC are going to bother me. :(

I'm going to cave and buy them. :( :(

I'm game for a tourney. Weekends are the best time for me.

GGs again guys it was fun. It was nice having that many people in the lobby.

Also if there is going to be a tournamnet I'd be down for it. Pretty much any day in the evening would work for me.

Sub_Level

Unlocked all the costumes. These question marks for the DLC are going to bother me. :(

I'm going to cave and buy them. :( :(

I'm game for a tourney. Weekends are the best time for me.

Right now PSN has a "spend $50 from your wallet and get $10 in November" promotion.

So I bought the School Uniform pack, the Halloween pack (which is horrible value but I am a consumerist whore so I will buy), and the Ultimate Sexy pack. I'm not buying the $40 DOA5 Vanilla pack because I don't want to see Santa costumes popping up in my matches lol. Will spend the $10 on the two Intimate costumes and maybe cherry pick from the Vanilla ones or put it towards a new future pack with the remaining $6.

And yeah, the $53 I spent on costumes was $13 more than the game itself.

Videogames.

I got my C- in tag team and C- in single mode. I better takes those grades and go home happy. I am not sure if I can rank up anymore. I am so rusty and the online competition in rank is fierce and merciless. Didn't Rachel get nerfed? I typically use Christie, but Rachel is another character I'm trying to learn.

Stupid question.

I'm trying to edit the music and you can have it so that it's based on character or stage.

So I know that if you choose 'character' it plays the music that you set for the character you choose to fight as. But what about 'stage?' There's no list of stages - just a list of characters. So how do I edit which song I want playing on a particular stage?

xion4360

Stupid question.

I'm trying to edit the music and you can have it so that it's based on character or stage.

So I know that if you choose 'character' it plays the music that you set for the character you choose to fight as. But what about 'stage?' There's no list of stages - just a list of characters. So how do I edit which song I want playing on a particular stage?

Actually if its set to Character it randomizes between the two characters, otherwise you would hear the same track forever if you continued to use the same character. Stage music is not selectable, but you could always assign stage music to characters.

Top Bottom