• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Actually if its set to Character it randomizes between the two characters, otherwise you would hear the same track forever if you continued to use the same character. Stage music is not selectable, but you could always assign stage music to characters.

Ah, I see. I was a bit confused at first because I thought it would be the opponent you fight against, then when I tested it out it played my Kasumi's music, so assumed it was who you chose. Okay, so it switches between the two, gotcha.

So if you can't actually choose the actual stage music, am I missing something in that it says you can choose the music type as 'character' or 'stage?'

Yeah I was looking around for being able to change the stage music like that too a little while ago, kinda disappointed you can only change the character music and some menu music.

Really weird decision. Not a big deal but hope they change this in the next DOA. Actually, customisable music probably won't come until the Ultimate version of the next DOA anyway...heh.

And thanks for the help.

Fraeon

There's no Core Fighters in the Nordic PSN?

Would really like to try how they've changed the base game from regular 5 but for 40eur it's kind of on the steep end there for a series I don't really care much for.

Tournament sign up(quote to reveal)
[EMAIL="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArSwYclZe18OdFNrMU13SndYZUlFLXBhLVg1a3Zma2c#gid=0][/EMAIL]
This would make it a bit easier.

Dizzy-4U

Sooooo, fuck it, I'm back in the game. I spent a bazillion dollars on the original DOA5 so I already fell through the rabbit hole.

Question: While Ultimate is downloading at the moment, I'm checking if I'm missing something from the original game. I think I bought them all, but I'm just double checking to make sure.

Is there any check list or anything in-game (Ultimate) telling me what I have and what I'm missing? The store page on PSN is already a pain in the ass to navigate.

xion4360

Sooooo, fuck it, I'm back in the game. I spent a bazillion dollars on the original DOA5 so I already fell through the rabbit hole.

Question: While Ultimate is downloading at the moment, I'm checking if I'm missing something from the original game. I think I bought them all, but I'm just double checking to make sure.

Is there any check list or anything in-game (Ultimate) telling me what I have and what I'm missing? The store page on PSN is already a pain in the ass to navigate.

all of the costumes from DOA5 are on disc (or download) and will show up but wont be selectable (aside from included stuff, other DLC will say you have not yet downloaded this costume)

Dizzy-4U

all of the costumes from DOA5 are on disc (or download) and will show up but wont be selectable (aside from included stuff, other DLC will say you have not yet downloaded this costume)
So every costume shows up in the character select even if I don't have it? Fantastic, this was driving me nuts in the original.

Endo Punk

We finally landed in the dumping ground.

I'm up for Tourno's whenever. Had a blast last time, except for that one tourny where my characters were all locked lol. I gotta get good with Jann again, he was my 3rd most played character in DOA5 and now I'm clueless with him.

I swear to god this game is taking years off my life. I'm not normally one to throw a controller down in a fit of rage but when I'm playing ranked I wanna flip tables. But it's like a drug because I am fucking addicted to it.

Edit: Now that is why I continue to play this game. Just beat my first ever B- opponent; the highest ranked opponent I've ever beat in DOA online! That's an achievement for me. Pretty sure I took two rounds off him in a previous match, and then two rounds off another plain B rank opponent, then managed to beat this one in a rematch. You better believe I taunted the arse out of him at the end :p

Edit 2: And of course all of that was for nought as I lost to an E+ and then some prick Alpha player spammed his way through beating me and even had the cheek to send me a Ha Ha message. Yes, I am fucking fuming right now.

Thankfully the character I see the least (I think once out of all the games I have played in DoA5U) is Alpha.

Yeah, yet in the past 24 hours I think I've ran into two different players using her. Fucking disgusting spammy attacks that repeat for about 12 hits. You have to adjust your own combos against her too, because her featherweight design means she reacts differently to certain attacks. Having hardly ever fought against her before, I couldn't handle it.

Edit: And there we go. Just had another Alpha player. Rank E+. Spammed me to shit and beat me. I just can't believe this bullshit. It's making me wanna bite my own arm off.

Kumubou

I really don't understand what Team Ninja was doing with Alpha. It's like they thought the series' problems are a good thing and wanted to make someone who pushes them to the extreme. Which is fine for a boss character, but they should have made the playable one obviously stupid like an SNK boss so she could just be banned.

They should have modeled her more after Dural than they did. You'd really have something to complain about if they had, plus she's be more fun to use.

Top Bottom