• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
You guys still need someone? I'm sure if I can commit.

EDIT: 7 PM EST? Yeah gonna have to pass. Might be out.

Kumubou

How is this going to work? We're going to all pile into a private lobby and play through the Challonge bracket? Seems small enough to work, I just don't know how badly extra players in DoA5U's lobbies cause lag (I know that for VF5:FS on PSN it's really bad, heh).

I could stream the tournament, but that doesn't seem like the brightest of ideas since I'm playing in it (and if I end up with one of the EU players, hit the decks).

What's this about a gaf tourney?
Our little Gaf tourney is in 40 minutes(http://challonge.com/gafdoa5). Winner gets a $20 PSN code or Amazon code. PSN can either be in EU/JPN/HK/NA, by user request. You're welcome to join in as well.

How is this going to work? We're going to all pile into a private lobby and play through the Challonge bracket? Seems small enough to work, I just don't know how badly extra players in DoA5U's lobbies cause lag (I know that for VF5:FS on PSN it's really bad, heh).

I could stream the tournament, but that doesn't seem like the brightest of ideas since I'm playing in it (and if I end up with one of the EU players, hit the decks).
Basically what you described. Everyone spectates except for the two people who are going to fight. But I don't think having everyone in the room will affect the lag....hope not. Most I've played in was 10 and it was fine.

as much as I'd like to use Helena for this I know I'm not good enough for that lol. Looks like I'll be going with only slightly competent Hayabusa tonight

Mesharey

All right, I'll give it a shot before trying out BlazBlue.
We're starting come on. XD

Edit: and the show begins!
BXdXEZ_IAAAZyNj.jpg

xion4360

Sigh.... I was afraid id be matched against someone with 1 bar, i really really needed that $20 too... well congrats mesh.

Memento the lobby was set to private right? I'm still in it I just want to make sure before I leave and start a new one.
Yup. If you're making a new one, I'll join. Wanna fight a bit even though I suck lol

Thanks for joining everyone. Mesh will get a 15 euro PSN card....they don't have a 25 euro card.

Kumubou

Thanks to Memento_Mori15 for running the bracket and shoutouts to online tactics and me blowing 3-4 games up 2-0. D: That's on me, though -- there's a bunch of stuff I could have done better in-game.

When's VF? :3

xion4360

Thanks for the tourney, it was really fun.
If you don't mind $20 will be good. :]

Thanks guys, hopefully PS4 or Xbox one will stop or reduce lag problems. ~_~

as long as there is physical distance there will be lag. they might have dedicated servers to help at least..

Mesharey

as long as there is physical distance there will be lag. they might have dedicated servers to help at least..
Yeah, I was talking about dedicated servers (300.000! :/)

Why didn't you use Kokoro? It was really hard in my first match (I dropped power blow too XD).

Thanks for the tournment, Sosuke :)
GGs guys, had fun with all of u & Congrats Mesh! :D
Np rice! :D

Thanks for the tourney, it was really fun.
If you don't mind $20 will be good. :]

Thanks guys, hopefully PS4 or Xbox one will stop or reduce lag problems. ~_~
In euros, right? 'Cause that's what I just ordered. Waiting for game to sent it to me and then i'll pm you it.

Thanks to Memento_Mori15 for running the bracket and shoutouts to online tactics and me blowing 3-4 games up 2-0. D: That's on me, though -- there's a bunch of stuff I could have done better in-game.

When's VF? :3
You did well though. Coming back behind 2 rounds and then winning 3 straight, etc. Thought you would have eliminated Xion.

When's VF? People play VF? :p

I hate my internet sometimes, got booted out of PSN during spectating <_<

sorry if it caused any lag for anyone playing
I was wondering why you left without saying goodbye. lol.

Good games to all in the tournament, it was fun

I was wondering why you left without saying goodbye. lol.

Yeah that was my internet essentially giving me the finger and giving me the boot lol. Normally I'd say I'd be heading off if I was planning on it, but I was just in the middle of watching a fight, ti stops, music keeps going, then screen goes black, saying I've been signed out. I was able to sign right back in but at that point I was all "ugh, really now?"

GGs to everyone in the tournament again and to Memento, Xion, and Vade for some fun matches afterwards.

I always feel like I'm in some sort of character crisis with this game. I like Hitomi much more overall but when it comes to actual matches I feel like I do much better with Ein. I find it strangely frustrating as silly as that might sound. I guess there's no reason to not continue to use both, it's not like I'm all that good at this game anyway.

synce

In case anyone thought it was over there's at least one more DLC pack coming soon. Anywhere between 12-18 costumes

Top Bottom