• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

synce

Nah they'll probably keep pumping out costumes until DOA5UA... then start it up again when they release DOA5 Ultimate Arcade Hardcore for PS4.

DunpealD

Perhaps I don't feel too bad about games that were you can act right you can stop the other person from playing because you can have that done to you and I am a big fan of guaranteed damage. We would have to change the counter system for shorter combos and more neutral ground games to work.

I am also working on my counter throw game as well. Baiting somebody to try to counter and I grab them is a big source of damage for Ayane and Momiji.

I'm not saying that guaranteed damage is bad. It's just the juggling that grinds my gears. It would interest me how high level DoA3.1/3.2 footage looks like, since it's hailed as the pinnacle of the series. Maybe Grap3fruitman knows.

ShinMaruku

The issue is without changing the stun and counter system juggles are probably the only guaranteed damage in this game outside of certain stuns like DOA3 was. And Grap3fruitman is not the right person to ask about that ask MrWah although he is not on gaf I think. He can break down what made 3 so good.

And given what I seen on the Team Ninja Fan site they have a bunch of costumes to make. It's all on how long it take them.

A few more matches:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3WTbLVsKx8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDpwvGVr04U

Yeah it sucks.
Mila is the most overlooked character, when it comes to TN allocating sexy outfits.
TN just doesnt seem to appreciate her potential.
Well, that's if you don't include the guys.

She's still doing way better than all of them, unfortunately. (And I like her pumpkin and goalie outfits.)

Well, that's if you don't include the guys.

She's still doing way better than all of them, unfortunately. (And I like her pumpkin and goalie outfits.)

Milas red bikini is really good and pretty much on par with the guys MMA/swimwear outfits, as far as showing skin goes, IMO.
Aside from Ayanes awful beanie and white dress/slip outfit, Milas Pumkinhead is the worst outfit in the game.
I thought the ladies and the gay crowd would have been happy with the guys MMA set, as it shows alot of skin.
Whilst I dont want to see Elliot, Gen or Bass in a thong, I would happily make that compromise, if it meant TN would do the same for Mila. lol

I rarely fight Rachels online which is probably a good thing since I use her sometimes and I hate mirror matches. My main is Christie and I rarely see her online also.

I seen a lot of Japanese players use Zack in DOA5, but I am not sure about DOA5: Ultimate. I think I only fought him 2 or three times online to be honest.

Milas red bikini is really good and pretty much on par with the guys MMA/swimwear outfits, as far as showing skin goes, IMO.
Aside from Ayanes awful beanie and white dress/slip outfit, Milas Pumkinhead is the worst outfit in the game.
I thought the ladies and the gay crowd would have been happy with the guys MMA set, as it shows alot of skin.
Whilst I dont want to see Elliot, Gen or Bass in a thong, I would happily make that compromise, if it meant TN would do the same for Mila. lol
The MMA gear is nice, (for the most part), but it still pales in comparison to real swimwear.

And I don't think you'd need to compromise anything. Fans of skimpy costumes for the girls are still way ahead.

Character reveal tomorrow?

明日発売のファミ通で「DOA5U Arcade」の追加キャラクター公開。土曜からのロケテでももちろん触れますよ。#DOA5UA

Google translate:

Add character published "DOA5U Arcade" in Famitsu released tomorrow. You'll of course also mentioned in Rokete from Saturday.

https://twitter.com/TeamNINJAStudio/status/400395824313536512

Hubb

Don't fail me now google translate. I'll be at work all day tomorrow, but I wouldn't mind coming home to a character reveal.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
It'll probably be Tengu, but Im really hoping its Raidou. Tengu looks goofy.

Wasn't there mention before that it would be a character new to DOA? I'm betting it's another Virtua Fighter character unless there's an obvious Ninja Gaiden character that they still have left to port over too.

Wasn't there mention before that it would be a character new to DOA? I'm betting it's another Virtua Fighter character unless there's an obvious Ninja Gaiden character that they still have left to port over too.

The only other I can think of from Ninja Gaiden is Sonia, I think. But pretty unlikely she'd make it.

I still secretly pray for a certain Mr Hazuki...

synce

I tweeted TN some ideas for a new character a while back, one of them was a loli tengu/human hybrid... #Believe

Edit: I found the original Japanese source and they do share a lot of famitsu info. Her name is definitely Marie Rose and she's relatively flat. It would be funny if she's a vampire since TR is coming out with their own vampire very soon

synce

Watch her fight like Ayane and Hayate. lol

Nope... she has a new style too (Systema). You should be seeing the leaked scans soon if you haven't already, but Marie is your typical gothic lolita character

BTW, no info on her age or nationality but you can count on her being 18+

Top Bottom