• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Piccoro

Hey guys, already posted on the PS Store thread, but posting here too:

Tecmo is selling Tecmo Bowl Throwback at 0.99 cents! https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...arty/cid=UP4108-NPUB50055_00-B000000000000130
It's a DOA5U promotion, but you don't need to buy any characters or costumes, just this "tailgate" pack. I've already bought it!
Now there's just one tiny problem:
I'm from Europe, don't have a clue how to play US Football. Any good tutorials around?... :p

Squire

Banned
posted? new DLC outfits

trailer

some screenshots:
pic_dsc1_01.jpg

pic_dsc1_02.jpg

pic_dsc1_04.jpg

more at here

These are fantastic.

system11

I'm loving today.

I've been having a bad week at work already this week with system outages and someone quitting the team. On the upside I get home and read about new costumes and a new character, and the 1080 patch on Black Flag.

I wonder if they'll get the new character in for Christmas? Seems unlikely but..

Hubb

Wow that Mila outfit makes me want to buy it and play her. It has been stated a lot already, but damn these look nice. Want to see Helena's.

kingmozo9

Banned
I have Dead or Alive normal on PS PLUS.. is there something i can buy on the psn store to make it ULTIMATE? or do i have to buy Ultimate separately? -_-

I have Dead or Alive normal on PS PLUS.. is there something i can buy on the psn store to make it ULTIMATE? or do i have to buy Ultimate separately? -_-

You have to buy the game ultimate version . If you're unsure you can download the free core fighter version to look a little at the changes and if you like, you pick either packs or the full version.

Squire

Banned
Bleh! The new costumes are so boring. At least they are'nt joke outfits, I suppose.
I hope TN keep supporting the game and give us something better next time.

Oh, I know. It's awful they chose some actually fashionable outfits this time instead of kitschy swimsuits. /s

Piccoro

Note that if you get Ultimate or Core Fighters, all your earned/purchased outfits from vanilla 5 WILL be imported into Ultimate/Core Fighters, so you keep everything.

Played some DOA5: Ultimate tonight and saw some of the new outfits in action. They looked really nice and it seemed like I wasn't too rusty.

synce

Free Marie and fixed netcode could definitely bring me back to DOA... Would like to see a casual outfit for Alpha too

-sigh-

Just sent a bunch of Twitter messages to TK Europe and SCEE because there is FUCK ALL screen presence for DOA5U Core Fighters in the EU PS Store.

I go to Games > Latest and the first thing I see is a giant banner for Tekken Revolution.

I go to the very tucked away Games > Collections > Free To Play > Latest and there's no listing AT ALL for Core Fighters, but all the other crap is there including Tekken Rev.

I know I sent TKE a message a couple of weeks ago about it and they responded, but after seeing this in the latest Store update I felt I had to bring it up again. Hope they see it.

Namco is making Tekken Rev's presence known - you actually see its banners and know that it's an actual game that's Free to play, unlike Core Fighters which is shoved in the Demos section.

Shit needs sorting out.

thejpfin

Usually I remove headgear when I use Ayane, but for this new Ayane costume I keep it:
NcBhZcXh.png

Its so cute, weird ass hat with goggles. Probably my fav DoA costume for now.

Currently on rank D+, but gonna get C- soon. I usually lose when I face Helena, dunno how to win her.

ShinMaruku

I just learned some new tricks in tag. Now it just takes hours to grind it out.
my main and tag ranks are now the same C solid.

Here are my tag teams and the themes I build them around:
Ayane and Momiji: This is my loop team essentially where I set up launches and juggles to really harass and whittle down teams. it also helps with me learning some solo tactics with these characters by allowing me to try some combo set ups. Their advanced holds and general holds and throws also give them great positioning as well. They also can cut their long combos shorter to put in more burst damage as well.

Ayane/Hitomi: They are my burst tag team where you do damage in great chunks and sending people flying so you can start up your offense from a far. They are also less constrained by weight class since I try to keep combos short do maximize damage and set good positioning.They also have some good throws and counters you can work with. Throws that keep people standing can allow you to launch them.They also have the sassy attitude and general fun costumes that make them a fun duo. Also these those small girls kicking the hell out of 6'5 guys and sending them 3 meters is always amusing.

Ayane/Misty:Sisters who stand stronger together than apart. They also look so much alike and have similar outfits that can fit your mood. If you are feeling playful you can pick them in their Idol outfits and limbo stun your opponent.(Great for psychology making your even more effectivly) Juggle and stun launch team where you can get combos hitting over 15 hits ending in knock downs into walls. They are also a great counter poke team with good bound relaunches as well. Either of the sisters':4::K: can be quickly send into a relaunch for you to actually put up a good limbo stun. The only issue with this is weight class. For the heaver ones I use the short combos that allow me to knock them away.They also have excellent throws and counters. Throw punishing with them can be very rewarding.

-sigh-

Just sent a bunch of Twitter messages to TK Europe and SCEE because there is FUCK ALL screen presence for DOA5U Core Fighters in the EU PS Store.

I go to Games > Latest and the first thing I see is a giant banner for Tekken Revolution.

I go to the very tucked away Games > Collections > Free To Play > Latest and there's no listing AT ALL for Core Fighters, but all the other crap is there including Tekken Rev.

I know I sent TKE a message a couple of weeks ago about it and they responded, but after seeing this in the latest Store update I felt I had to bring it up again. Hope they see it.

Namco is making Tekken Rev's presence known - you actually see its banners and know that it's an actual game that's Free to play, unlike Core Fighters which is shoved in the Demos section.

Shit needs sorting out.

That is a shame. Still in the demos section? It is almost like they do not care about their own game. They have imo, very strong competition for Tekken with a superior F2P model and they are not aggressively pushing it at all. This seems familiar unfortunately.

Can't find a better screen anywhere atm but DOA Facebook page posted this up for the new Casual Collection with some costumes we hadn't seen yet.

Whaaaat, Kassie's looks awesome. Actually, those skinny jeans I want would go perfect with the leather jacket, but I will settle for this, defo. TN doing a good job on these!

1441498_454614911309266_519697921_n.jpg

Skilletor

These are the best outfits. Ayane's is my least favorite, but I love the rest. Hopefully everybody gets a few "casual outfits.' It's exactly what I've wanted from these.

Oops, DOA Facebook page pulled its post down for the above announcement of casual outfits that had that picture. Guess they weren't supposed to show Kasumi, Ein and others' costumes yet :p

Hubb

This was already released weeks ago.

Thought so. It was listed on the PSN blog though and if you sort by "released within 7 days" this is the only dlc that shows up. I don't know maybe they just wanted it listed again to get more people to see it.

So I pre ordered DOA5+ for PSVita and got the cheerleader costumes. Shouldn't I be able to use those costumes with this game?

When i go to my download history only the vita versions show up. Am I doing something wrong?

DunpealD

In case some of you want to know more about Frame data here are some good sources of explanation:

Freestepdodge

SRK

You don't need to know about it, but it's quite beneficial in understanding fighting games in general.

Top Bottom