• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate will have an extra DLC coming next week – it was the cross promotion costumes we had in Japan with ‘Musou Orochi 2 Ultimate‘ (collaboration) that many have requested.

The release date for this DLC costume set is December 10, 2013 (Tuesday) in US and December 11, 2013 (Wednesday) in Europe.

Source.

Loona

I really want the casual costumes to be the new standard going forward.

Imagine a DOA6 where every outfit is that good.

The solution is to encourage this tendency with cold hard cash.

I sure hope my latest job interview went as well as I think so I can do my part in good conscience...

ShinMaruku

It should have been in the game from day 1.
Ive seen quite a few people request it and its the most famous/infamous swimsuit in the DoAX series.
I guess TN were too busy giving Lisa palette-swap swimsuits instead :mad:

I think Lisa made them too stiff to even dare put in her ultimate outfit.

thejpfin

Got this new Ayane DLC costume:
B7C46DKh.png
Hnnggg, so SO good. She is a very good waifu...I mean fighter.

I really like that new hair color. Wonder why they don't make more this style of DLC.
New costumes that include new hair colors and such would be nice.

I really like that new hair color. Wonder why they don't make more this style of DLC.

She was blonde in the PSX version on DOA1 too.

Mesharey

I bought it too, really good costume. <3

Skilletor

School is done! Time to get back into playing some fighters. Have my stream all set up. I'll try to be online sometime this week, maybe play some gaffers.

I need to buy those Orochi and the Casual outfits.

FreeMufasa

I got a problem. Bought this game yesterday. Japanese pre owned copy for my Japanese 360. Anyway installed the game and when I boot it I get a message like "you cannot access online services due to family settings". After that every mode except for marketplace is locked. I've went into the family settings and turned them on, off again and still the same. It's weird cos I never touched family settings before and was playing dead rising 2 and ninja gaiden 3 just fine last week.

Anyone know what I can do to fix this? Thanks

Ultimadrago

I got a problem. Bought this game yesterday. Japanese pre owned copy for my Japanese 360. Anyway installed the game and when I boot it I get a message like "you cannot access online services due to family settings". After that every mode except for marketplace is locked. I've went into the family settings and turned them on, off again and still the same. It's weird cos I never touched family settings before and was playing dead rising 2 and ninja gaiden 3 just fine last week.

Anyone know what I can do to fix this? Thanks

Are you sure it doesn't concern updating and/or the catalogs?

Vade

I want to learn Jacky as a secondary just for all the YEAAAAAAAA, but the neutral counter just seems so out of place in doa.

Loona

Mostly nods to outfits from past games, which is nice for completion's sake. Helena's and Hayabusa's look like the worthwhile ones for me.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Mostly nods to outfits from past games, which is nice for completion's sake. Helena's and Hayabusa's look like the worthwhile ones for me.

The game lists it as the "Legacy Pack." Love the older DOA2 outfits coming back. Tina finally got all her wrestling outfits back.

Squire

Banned
Well not happy that they didn't go with Helenas genie outfit, but happy with this pack overall.

I was hoping for that one, too.

They've transitioned the game to being a full-on F2P service really well. The costumes must be selling great. I wouldn't be surprised if they kept up the DLC and patched the game once more up until they inevitably announce DOAX3 DOA6 for the PS4/XBO.

stn

Buying this game this week, really glad to see DOA2 Jann Lee. When does this legacy DLC release and how much is it?

Squire

Banned
Man, the next time I load this up, I am going to have so many costumes to buy.

At this point I'm really hoping they can put out another package with everything. There's so much content I'd gladly double-dip on PS3 for $60 retail to get it all.

Dantis

At this point I'm really hoping they can put out another package with everything. There's so much content I'd gladly double-dip on PS3 for $60 retail to get it all.

I've been buying them as I go, so that's not so much of a problem for me.

I guess it would be nice to have the outfits for the other characters though. I only really buy Momiji's and Kasumi's.

shaowebb

Is Ein's red pants DOA 3 secret alt in this game? Thing was awesome back in the day.

LCxUj4c.jpg

Also anyone else ever get those DOA 3 booster disc outfits from the magazine? Scuba Bayman was pretty fun back in the day.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Is Ein's red pants DOA 3 secret alt in this game? Thing was awesome back in the day.

LCxUj4c.jpg

It is! It's his C4 IIRC.

Also anyone else ever get those DOA 3 booster disc outfits from the magazine? Scuba Bayman was pretty fun back in the day.

I think I still have 3-4 of those discs lying around somewhere. Later on after getting my O.G. Xbox modded I imported the Japanese DOA3, which had those outfits on the disc (in addition to some new moves and other improvements) and used to download custom-made skins for the characters. Really made the game last, just like DOA5 has, only it was much cheaper, lol.

Dantis

You know, it's really weird to see Hayabusa's face in a realistic art style.

I hope this art style carries forward into future games. I like it a lot.

Squire

Banned
At this point I'm really intrigued to see what they do next. They never really got the online right, but DOA5 is a great game and the team - not Team Ninja, but the DOA team, specially - is in a good place.

Tangentially related: I'm pulling for VF6 to be announced on the 26th.

Top Bottom