• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

You should be able to cross purchase the cheerleaders from DOA5, not DOA5U. For some reason, even though the DOA5/+ costumes are the exact same, they have a listing for DOA5U as well that doesn't cross buy with already purchased DOA5/+ outfits.

Basically, check to make sure the cheerleader outfits for DOA5 can be gotten free and they will work with DOA5U.

All I was thinking was that if you bought costumes on the Vita, you should be able to get the original DOA5 versions of them, too. In turn, they would transfer to DOA5U once you play that game.

Ha, that reminds me that I had a random solo ranked match against Cyberendpunk a week or so ago. I didn't know it was him until he messaged me right before the fight started saying 'lol' XD

I tried using the DualShock 4 on this game. Seems good. I did have a few unregistered commands, but I will put that down to me not being quite used to the pad completely. From the looks of things, as well, the face buttons seem to be in a more perfect diamond formation over the DualShock 3, so it makes it easier to hit two buttons at the same time with your thumb (e.g. Square + Triangle). I dunno if that's just me, though XD

Skilletor

Some ranked matches with randoms
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLUo6NrJX3k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAL_tgN8PFA

Any tips how to counter Hayabusa "torpedo" attack?

Sidestep and punish.

Same with any moves from ninpo stance.

I main Tina :). First thing I notice is that you don't press your advantage enough. When your opponent just lays on the ground, get a free throw. If they want to lay there, do it again. I like to just go for ground grabs to see how my opponent is going to react, train them to know they need to get up or they'll catch damage, and then they get to wake up in to lots of pain.

Ha, that reminds me that I had a random solo ranked match against Cyberendpunk a week or so ago. I didn't know it was him until he messaged me right before the fight started saying 'lol' XD

I tried using the DualShock 4 on this game. Seems good. I did have a few unregistered commands, but I will put that down to me not being quite used to the pad completely. From the looks of things, as well, the face buttons seem to be in a more perfect diamond formation over the DualShock 3, so it makes it easier to hit two buttons at the same time with your thumb (e.g. Square + Triangle). I dunno if that's just me, though XD

Yeah I'm not really sure how I feel about the DS4 yet. I don't really have much problems with it when I play DOA or SC but when I tried using it for Guilty Gear the D-pad just didn't feel like it was as responsive as the DS3's. I'll try using it a bit more but as of right now I'm slightly disappointed with the D-pad. They should have just used the Vita's.

dreamfall

ALL THIS DLC! I am trying to stay caught up.

Goodness, I'm just adding to the problem.

Picked up Pop Idols + Ultimate Sexy. I've been meaning to go on Halloween, but holy goodness it is so expensive.

We need a major PSN/XBL DOA sale :/

Niitris

ALL THIS DLC! I am trying to stay caught up.

Goodness, I'm just adding to the problem.

Picked up Pop Idols + Ultimate Sexy. I've been meaning to go on Halloween, but holy goodness it is so expensive.

We need a major PSN/XBL DOA sale :/

This is the only game where I've spend so much on DLC... I can't help it. :(

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Don't even want to think about how much money I've wasted on these outfits. And it used to be worse- I double-dipped on DOA5 for PS3 and 360...was buying content for both right up until the Summer, when I decided to get rid of most of the 360 collection.

So stylish.

I wish all the costumes were on this level.

This. So this!

synce

TN's really improved on their panty rendering lately. No more awkward looking granny panties

oW85K0l.jpg

Also, Momiji I choose you!

r0L2RDe.jpg

GGs :)
That Sarah is kinda tricky. Need to spend some time in the lab. Still play to unsafe.

Thanks. :)
I really ought to pick someone other than Sarah though. People are wising up to her 6P, and I pretty much have no other tricks outside of that. I'll be sad when she's omitted from the inevitable DoA6.

DunpealD

Some ranked matches with randoms
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLUo6NrJX3k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAL_tgN8PFA

Any tips how to counter Hayabusa "torpedo" attack?

Just as Skilletor said. In ninpo stance Hayabusa has a limited moveset and can't move freely, especially in long- and mid range you're good to go with just sidesteps and make sure you don't whiff moves or else he can punish.

Thanks. :)
I really ought to pick someone other than Sarah though. People are wising up to her 6P, and I pretty much have no other tricks outside of that. I'll be sad when she's omitted from the inevitable DoA6.

Are you using her Flamingo stance or other move altering movements?

Are you using her Flamingo stance or other move altering movements?
I use Flamingo Stance mid-combo since movement and blocking is restricted during it, and the range of the moves from said stance don't go as far as I'd like for a good poke. Some of the moves have good frame advantage, but the stance tells the opponent I'm prepping for an attack, and getting back to neutral stance is slower than I'd like. As for movement alterations, I use the step back when my opponent is aware of 6KP or a step forward when they're actively using high holds.

I'll give her stances and movement options another look; unless you have any specific suggestions yourself. :)

DunpealD

I use Flamingo Stance mid-combo since movement and blocking is restricted during it, and the range of the moves from said stance don't go as far as I'd like for a good poke. Some of the moves have good frame advantage, but the stance tells the opponent I'm prepping for an attack, and getting back to neutral stance is slower than I'd like. As for movement alterations, I use the step back when my opponent is aware of 6KP or a step forward when they're actively using high holds.

I'll give her stances and movement options another look; unless you have any specific suggestions yourself. :)

Disclaimer: I only know her from Vanilla DoA5 and VF5FS.
I usually would use Flamingo stance to apply pressure on the opponent at point blank range.
She has many moves that leads to it at advantage on block. Her Flamingo neutral kick is very fast and due to the advantage on block it's a guaranteed counter hit if the opponents tries to attack from block with non-high crush move and puts the opponent into stun if it hits. There are not a lot of characters that can put the opponent on disadvantage on block with a fast attack. The best way to utilize it is I guess to make the opponent think. For example after a blocked P+K the opponent is -2 on block. Your options are K(10 frame high), 6K(a mid), 2K.T(a slow low into throw), 3P+K(a slow unblockable), P+K(a low strike parry giving you +30) and more depending on how the opponent plays like changing into steps to 41236T for Offensive Hold.

It's pretty much establishing an offensive mindgame situation.

As a ranged poke maybe 66K might not be bad either. When the opponent likes to whiff stuff you can punish with shuffle P+K.

Loona

I could use a small clarification - stuff like the stages that need to be unlocked (and some of the outfits, I guess) in the F2P version are already unlocked in the complete DoA5U?

I know some people who're putting together a small event, and including DoA5 in their tournament line-up, but the problem is they only have vanilla 5 - I'm pondering giving them a hand, but that might mean getting DoA5U for the sake of something more viable and up to date.

With all the time I already put into Core Fighters though, I wonder if all my unlocks and titles there will transfer where applicable...

Kumubou

I could use a small clarification - stuff like the stages that need to be unlocked (and some of the outfits, I guess) in the F2P version are already unlocked in the complete DoA5U?

I know some people who're putting together a small event, and including DoA5 in their tournament line-up, but the problem is they only have vanilla 5 - I'm pondering giving them a hand, but that might mean getting DoA5U for the sake of something more viable and up to date.

With all the time I already put into Core Fighters though, I wonder if all my unlocks and titles there will transfer where applicable...
It doesn't matter with regards to unlocks for the event -- DoA5U has an option called Exhibition Mode that you can turn on for local versus that unlocks all of the stages and costumes, disables trophies (ergo removing trophy notifications) and requires the pause button to be held before pausing. It's really, really nice for events.

The best way to utilize it is I guess to make the opponent think. For example after a blocked P+K the opponent is -2 on block. Your options are K(10 frame high), 6K(a mid), 2K.T(a slow low into throw), 3P+K(a slow unblockable), P+K(a low strike parry giving you +30) and more depending on how the opponent plays like changing into steps to 41236T for Offensive Hold.

I've been using 66K for a while to great effect, but I'll definitely give this a look. Thanks. :)

DunpealD

I've been using 66K for a while to great effect, but I'll definitely give this a look. Thanks. :)

Don't forget 66P+K.K is also stiletto, but it moves you forward and reduces the chance of hitting running K on accident.

The Flamingo Stance is pretty much an alternative point blank style for Sarah to play and might be good to mix it up from your usual rythm.

I was just wondering, do any of you guys want to do another tournament or anything? It doesn't really have to be a tournament it could just be a lobby if you guys want.

Hubb

TK Europe announcing release date for these DLC costumes at 2PM GMT tomorrow. No idea if that means it's coming to North America too.

Bav-3sHIUAAStvh.jpg

I see no reason they wouldn't, though maybe at a later date. Warriors Orochi isn't releasing in EU anytime soon so I don't see it being a cross marketing scheme or something.

ShinMaruku

TK Europe announcing release date for these DLC costumes at 2PM GMT tomorrow. No idea if that means it's coming to North America too.

Bav-3sHIUAAStvh.jpg

Seeing Ayane with that hair shows that she and Misty have the same face which means they look too much like their mother which should creep out their dads. :p

ShinMaruku

You see their mother and their fathers.
Ayame.jpg

This is their dads (Funnily enough Ayane and Kasumi are also cousins due to their father's being brothers)
Raidou (Ayane's dad)
180px-Raidou.jpg

Shinden(Misty and Hayate's dad)
300px-DOA_3D_Shiden.jpg

Due to Raidou being the elder son in the family Ayane had to be shunned because she fucked up the succession being a rape child and what not.

The implication was that they must have their mother's looks, because they have different fathers.

Also, Kasumi's new outfit with the leather jacket is best ever.

Pah, caught in the act. Yeah, I fucked up and totally forgot the backstory XD

Ha, yeah, Shin, I was researching it as you posted that. Thanks for the clarification :p

ShinMaruku

Yup Ayane's back story is intresting because she is in the ruling family doubly so being that her mother and father give her good claim.

Top Bottom